This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 12 Feb 2006 12:17:59 pm    Post subject:

OMG awesome! It run actially pretty fast on my 83+, I cant imagine on my SE Smile Are u planning to add more stuff? You should upload it in UTI archives if not done yet Wink
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Feb 2006 01:23:43 pm    Post subject:

lolje wrote:
Thank you for your interests and ideas!

Here is the latest Version (v1.02) of the game:
Updates:
-Ti 83+ compability (I simulated the function but you gain the ressources still per second!) - (It may be that on a 83+ you gain ressources slower because of the slower system. But its playable now!)
-improved movement speed of the cursor
-larger time distance between two attacks of the opponent
-more bugs fixed

So - DOWNLOAD NOW!
(It works on emulators,too now)  [post="69795"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

it worked on emulators before too, just that on the 84+ version you had to use TilEm, since that is the only emulator that supports 84+

lolje wrote:
Yes of course there will be more stuff im the future!
Hope ill manage to keep the speed and wont make it too big...  Smile

Maybe I'll make it into an app - i could include a few pics so that it would load the graphics in highspeed (I wont include pics before its all in an app because i dont want the users to be frustrated of having to delete pics wich are used by another program)

edit: how to add a poll to an existing topic?  [post="69802"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

edit the first post.

Last edited by Guest on 12 Feb 2006 06:54:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Radical Pi

Advanced Member

Posted: 12 Feb 2006 01:48:19 pm    Post subject:

Awesome game!
But the opponent doen't give me much time to prepare when I start.
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 12 Feb 2006 01:51:22 pm    Post subject:

Can I see some screenshot's please? :biggrin:
Feanor

Posted: 13 Feb 2006 06:17:04 pm    Post subject:

Hey Je,

How about more unit types?
And create weaknesses and strengthes of the different unit types against each other.
For example, cavalry is good against swordsmen, pikemen are good against cavalry.
Or you could create the unit type canon, which would be good to use against big armies since there is more to shoot at, but bad against the little, tiny ones with just a couple of men.
This is just a few things, you could add much more. Just be creative ;).
Notice that, when implementing new features you need to be very careful with not overdoing it since every new feature will slow your program down! So be very efficient and only implement things that you think really make the game a better experience for the user.

The graphical design is awesome for the most part! Very nice job, considering you're just using TI-BASIC!
This title screen is seriously the best-looking title screen of a TI-BASIC game that I ever saw!
The user will appreciate your flawless and user-friendly coding style.
I like the idea with the option to assign the number of workers to the ressource they mine, that way the user always got something to mess around with^^.

However, there are some things in the current version that I would strongly recommend you to change:
1) There is no limitations for starting a war. Once you got a nice army and you defeated the enemy, he's pretty much lost the game cause you can just attack him and attack him 'til he's dead.
2) There needs to be an option to skip going in the combat mode and getting the combat results right away cause although it looks pretty, it gets pretty annoying if you fight many wars.
3) Currently the amount of soldiers seems to be subtracted from the limit of workers that you can build. This is pretty confusing. How about you just keep it simple for the user by adding soldiers and workers together and only changing the population limit whenever a new house is built.
4) If you intend to add a spy feature then you should not give the user information on the defending force before he's choosing the amount of soldiers he's gonna send. That should be the whole point in a spy.
5) Is that intended that there is always at least one soldier defending your village although you don't have any? How about letting your workers be the emergency defense force?
6) There are some minor spelling errs that you should fix.
"life points", not "live points"
"defeated", not "defeaded"

Keep up the good work ;).
You should've come up with that game a bit earlier, then you could've taken part in that TI-Basic Programming Contest.. The theme was strategy games. I say with a more mature version of AoC you would have had a reasonable chance.

Joris.

P.S.: I just sent you an email with the screenshots.
Radical Pi

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 Feb 2006 06:54:26 pm    Post subject:

Where are all these new people coming from? (Though I could still be considered new Razz)

Bad news...ERR:MEMORY
The basic equivalent of the Blue Screen of Death.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Feb 2006 07:35:28 pm    Post subject:

You aren't new, you have 314 posts (which is interesting in and of itself).
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 13 Feb 2006 07:36:05 pm    Post subject:

Radical Pi wrote:
Where are all these new people coming from? (Though I could still be considered new Razz)

He means to say we're all glad you're here.

Welcome to UTI!

edit:
Radical Pi: But I don't think these people are new in the sense that they are completely new to programming like you and I (or am I wrong about that?). Most of these new people are very skilled with computer languages, and have already developed incredible ASM skills through help from people at #tcpa.

Like I said before, we welcome their talent.

Last edited by Guest on 13 Feb 2006 07:39:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Radical Pi

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 Feb 2006 08:33:54 pm    Post subject:

No, I'm completely new.
It just seems like two more people are joining every day and they know how to program

I'm intimidated :D

And Welcome to UnitedTI!

Last edited by Guest on 13 Feb 2006 08:35:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 13 Feb 2006 10:31:02 pm    Post subject:

I still havn't put TI-Connect on my computer... one reason I havn't had any downloads... I ussually just copy the code... so before I install it for your game which I am about to do can I plz have some screenshots. Or as Radical Pi (I think) called them screensh... wait... kid freindly... Dry *whistle*
Feanor

Posted: 13 Feb 2006 10:34:45 pm    Post subject:

Lol, I guess you gotta blame lolje for me increasing your number of members^^; I'm his brother.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 13 Feb 2006 10:41:16 pm    Post subject:

Blame? There's nothing wrong with new members. Welcome!
Feanor

Posted: 13 Feb 2006 10:50:51 pm    Post subject:

lolje won't be posting 'til tomorrow,
hence I will just supply the screenshots for him,

Vinthian
formerly known as shortround4271

Advanced Member

Posted: 14 Feb 2006 04:19:51 pm    Post subject:

wouldn't it be easier if you made a campaign "engine"?

where you just program it to read off a list for your mission objectives and stuff. hat'd be cool since you can customize/make campaigns, almost like an editor. but, just an idea, Smile

Last edited by Guest on 14 Feb 2006 04:20:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Feanor

Posted: 14 Feb 2006 04:55:27 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, that would be a good idea! You could store the mission data in a list/matrix; but this will probably limit the diversity of each single mission A LOT. You should take that into consideration though.

Nah, that's not too interesting whether the enemy has barracks or not. Once you got that information, the spy would be useless. Better make it that he tells you the size of the defending force. But you gotta pay him a little fee every time you want to obtain information.
It's more realistic then and there's more fun in the game!
Vinthian
formerly known as shortround4271

Advanced Member

Posted: 14 Feb 2006 06:11:42 pm    Post subject:

no really, you could just group a mission, with string's for text, and list's or event info and stuff. it's a little complex, but it would work.
Radical Pi

Advanced Member

Posted: 14 Feb 2006 06:19:26 pm    Post subject:

Super Speler wrote:
I still havn't put TI-Connect on my computer... one reason I havn't had any downloads... I ussually just copy the code... so before I install it for your game which I am about to do can I plz have some screenshots.  Or as Radical Pi (I think) called them screensh... wait... kid freindly... Dry *whistle*
[post="69891"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That was xlibman Very Happy
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 14 Feb 2006 08:29:44 pm    Post subject:

and this is just BASIC???!?!? That's amazing! keep up the good work.
lolje

Posted: 15 Feb 2006 08:15:56 am    Post subject:

I think there'll be a few types of missions. One type will be that you have to defeat the enemy, an other that you have to gain a specific number of ressources and maybe sometimes there'll be a time limit feature.
The game-list will be costumized different in each mission. One Number of the game-list will show the currentlevel-type, an other will show if you are in a mission or not.

EDIT: campain mode already included

Last edited by Guest on 24 Feb 2006 01:05:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 15 Feb 2006 05:58:57 pm    Post subject:

I have to say, you're doing a great job in keeping the programing rate coming at an excellent speed. Keep up the hard work.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 8 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement