This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Jim e

Advanced Member

Posted: 05 Feb 2006 08:16:06 pm    Post subject:

This is the first topic I start on UTI so hopefully you guys will like. I just posted this on REVSOFT.

[quote name='"Jim e"']I don't know why I made a big deal about this, but it help me get motivated about coding. I made a bonefied wave player. Capable of sound (theoretically) at 32khz. And at 8bits. One thing that is important is not just the sample rate the bits used per sample, this allows for more accurately creating a actual waves, rather than just sending the on & off to the link port creating lots of noise. The sound quality is really a step up from Play wav.

But anyway I'm working on a C program that will convert everything very quickly and output it to an app. Depending on the quality you could get between 1 to 3 minutes of sound on an 84+se. I know this would only be for a gag. But I just wanted to code this, you know, if you guys didn't think I was nerdy before, well this will fix that. Howdy!

Oh and sorry but I couldn't decide on a short song and that just happen to be on my hard drive.

And direct link if anyone has trouble with the attachment.
http://www.txjim.com/Movie.wmv[/quote]
I'm hoping this will bring a few more people on by Revsoft, we really do great things.

http://www.revsoft.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=200
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 05 Feb 2006 08:37:30 pm    Post subject:

w00tness!!!!11111 but I alerady go to revsoft :P

the sound quality sound awesome ^^
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 05 Feb 2006 08:38:57 pm    Post subject:

jaw drops....hits floor....ouch.
Jim e

Advanced Member

Posted: 05 Feb 2006 09:28:51 pm    Post subject:

For anyone who doesn't like wmv

www.txjim.com/Movie.mpg
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 05 Feb 2006 11:05:18 pm    Post subject:

Definately some fine earcandy there. How are you handling the D/A problem?
bukwirm

Posted: 05 Feb 2006 11:50:14 pm    Post subject:

Wow, that's really impressive. Good job! :biggrin:
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 06 Feb 2006 07:17:48 pm    Post subject:

Wow, too bad 83+'s don't have USB. That sounds really great for a calculator.

Maybe add volume controls to the program so you don't have to adjust the volume?
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 Feb 2006 07:21:06 pm    Post subject:

Ta da!

Edit: Oh wait, that's backwards... lol
Fr0stbyte124

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 07 Feb 2006 04:53:50 pm    Post subject:

How on earth does that work? The serial port can't do analog. Or was that the usb? I can't tell for sure.

*Edit*
[quote name='"Jim e on MaxCoderz"']I used pulse width modulation. I am rather surprised it work so well. Sometime ago I rote a routine that generates code that executes for a defined number of tstates. So using the extra ram, I generated 256 different routines that modulate the link port, each running at roughly 750 clocks.[/quote]
Never mind. I think... Neutral

Last edited by Guest on 07 Feb 2006 05:03:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Feb 2006 05:11:55 pm    Post subject:

Aw man, I was going to try a very similar technique for the Sonic project, only I gave the pulses a very high carrier. Oh well, hats off to Jim e for seeing this one through.
Jim e

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 Feb 2006 05:40:54 pm    Post subject:

Actually the method you described in that link is similar to my original intention, Sending varing pulses to the link, What I started with was play note a4 and changing the distance between writes to the link, either more for the on or off state, this was in no way in sync with the note being played. when I tried to move over to PCM i ended up with horendous noise. So I switched the method to only write to the link port twice per sample. That really cut the noise down a lot, however, I'm uncertain if this would work for tone playing, or if it's even worthwhile.
Jim e

Advanced Member

Posted: 08 Feb 2006 02:13:19 pm    Post subject:

I just wrote the wave converter. So far so good, just as I hoped playing multiple sample rates works. But something odd has just appeared, at 22khz that high pitch noise seems to be gone?!?! I would have thought that the other way around. But I still need more testing before I even go beta.

Speaking of which, anyone here have an 83+SE or 84+SE that wants to TEST, has free time, an adaptor and good batteries.

Oh I have a feeling there is a bug that will cause a crash on 84+BEs. So they will have to wait a tiny bit.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Feb 2006 05:26:03 pm    Post subject:

I have an 84+SE\
EDIT:
====
and an adapter and brand new batteries

Last edited by Guest on 08 Feb 2006 05:26:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Feb 2006 11:04:37 pm    Post subject:

Well, I guess you know this from MC, but I probably try an 82 port as long as it's not too much for 6Mhz calcs. If so we could maybe skimp on the bit depth.

Last edited by Guest on 08 Feb 2006 11:05:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jim e

Advanced Member

Posted: 21 Feb 2006 10:29:43 pm    Post subject:

Okay, since so many people were haveing trouble with wappsign. And I absolutely hate Ti command line signer, me and spencer wrote a new appsigner. I'm considering this release with realsound the beta for it.

I'm also opening up testing for everyone with an SE.

So go ahead download from here:

www.txjim.com/WaveConv.zip

Please continue discusion over here at Revsoft.org, Just to make things easier and more centralized.
Madskillz

Posted: 21 Mar 2006 08:02:43 pm    Post subject:

Incase you guys missed it at www.ticalc.org or www.revsoft.org, jim e has released Real Sound, I have heard nothing but good things from it thus far. If you havent already, this is surely a nifty little project, worth checking out.
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 22 Mar 2006 09:05:05 pm    Post subject:

I have a mac, and once again, can't use the convertor b/c my comp is old. Can someone make the mario demo into an APP for the calc (84+SE) so I can try it out?
The Dragon Master

Posted: 22 Aug 2006 11:59:27 am    Post subject:

Jim e, I forgot how good the quality was on these songs. Only problem I had was, the calc doesn't haver much memory. You should mention that similar project I mentioned to you in AIM... That solves that.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Aug 2006 05:36:37 pm    Post subject:

I'd forgotten to ask: was there any luck with compression?
sgm

Calc Guru

Posted: 22 Aug 2006 05:49:56 pm    Post subject:

You know, If you're going to resurrect old topics, you could at least read them.

Jim e wrote:
Please continue discusion over here at Revsoft.org, Just to make things easier and more centralized.
[post="70488"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement