This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Math and Science => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Raster

Posted: 29 Jan 2006 12:31:51 am    Post subject:

I just thought of something when I was thinking about space. Could there be like an endless string of orbitals in this universe, and possibly beyond the universe that we know of Neutral . And what if this big bang theory, is nothing but a small 'bang', along with multiple similar 'bangs' further in the universe?

Space is such an amazing place. All we can say is it is endless... I can not ever conceive the idea that a distance in real life could be infinite.

Im just trying to make you guys think. :biggrin:
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Jan 2006 01:40:03 am    Post subject:

Orbitals? The cloud of probability that an electron is in a certain point?
How could have a string of that? It's not a physical object...

Last edited by Guest on 29 Jan 2006 01:40:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 29 Jan 2006 10:24:35 am    Post subject:

I think he's talking about how things always seem to revolve around another thing.
Raster

Posted: 29 Jan 2006 10:25:40 am    Post subject:

Liazon wrote:
I think he's talking about how things always seem to revolve around another thing.
[post="68222"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Ya, thats what I mean sorry :biggrin: .
Radical Pi

Advanced Member

Posted: 29 Jan 2006 04:26:18 pm    Post subject:

As in moon go around Earth, Earth go around Sun, Sun go around galactic spiral arm, galactic spiral arm go around galaxy, galaxy go around...

In a never-ending cycle?

interesting...
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 29 Jan 2006 04:50:30 pm    Post subject:

Seems like everything depends/relates/revolves around something else.
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 29 Jan 2006 05:19:03 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Space is such an amazing place. All we can say is it is endless... I can not ever conceive the idea that a distance in real life could be infinite.

It can't. Fg=(Gm1m2)/r^2. There is always gravity acting on a substance no matter the distance. So no matter the momentum of an object eventually it accelerates to a negative with a force of gravity that never ends. What's really interesting is that this imply's that everything moves in a cycle in which a key point is the Big Bang.

After a extremely large period in time (or infinitly short if you consider the infinite time available) the forces of gravity on each other will eventually pull all matter back to a pre-big bang stage, where it will happen again. This happens a infinite ammount of times over an infinite time period. Every big bang is identicle as it is compressed to the one before it. So the next step is idententicle etc... So I've writen this post an infinite ammount of times in an infinite ammount of cycles.

Also this shows it is immpossible to destroy matter and energy (not that this hasn't been proven before) only convert from one form to another. If we could destroy energy or matter then each cycle a certain ammount would be destroyed and over the infinite ammount of cycles it would all go.

I came up with alot of the statements above so most of it is likely wrong. If you are confused think about the following statement and read it again:

I pick one of two buttons to press and I choose the red. I then get sent back in time. I have no memory of pressing the button and I am in the identical cercamstances I would press the red one again. The big bang is that identical cercumstance that continuously occurs due to the constantly occuring force of gravity.

Edit: there was a movie about that orbital idea :biggrin: that I saw.

Last edited by Guest on 29 Jan 2006 05:19:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fr0stbyte124

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 29 Jan 2006 05:50:43 pm    Post subject:

Super Speler wrote:
I pick one of two buttons to press and I choose the red. I then get sent back in time. I have no memory of pressing the button and I am in the identical cercamstances I would press the red one again.

It wouldn't be quite the same situation as you might have been vaporized after being struck by lightning when you entered the time-loop. :ninja: Very Happy
Radical Pi

Advanced Member

Posted: 29 Jan 2006 05:58:26 pm    Post subject:

OMG you just unified the Universe!

Thus the way you can never be sure where electrons are, now we can never be sure when something occurs!

Too bad, Einstein already proved that Space + Time = Spacetime.
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 29 Jan 2006 07:38:12 pm    Post subject:

Does what I said make sense though? That all bigbangs are all identical so the next step must be also? Does it depress you that your decisions are decided? Does it depress you even more that you've felt this depressed an infinite ammount of times?
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 29 Jan 2006 07:48:03 pm    Post subject:

Nope, I never remember the other times.
Radical Pi

Advanced Member

Posted: 29 Jan 2006 08:25:46 pm    Post subject:

So I have no reason to continue in this topic.

But by the time of the "Big Crunch" as professionals call it, human civilization will be billions of times more advanced than now. We could then conclude they would have the power to escape the Big Crunch and live into the next cycle.

But that far into the future, perhaps evolution will give humans something like grey skin, big black eyes, telepathy, and everything else typical of a humanoid alien.

[please ignore the dramatic backround music]

Is it possible we are being visited, by ourselves?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 Jan 2006 06:14:52 am    Post subject:

Super Speler wrote:
Does what I said make sense though?  That all bigbangs are all identical so the next step must be also?  Does it depress you that your decisions are decided?  Does it depress you even more that you've felt this depressed an infinite ammount of times?
[post="68253"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
Quantum theory makes free will scientifically possible.
Fr0stbyte124

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 30 Jan 2006 05:09:01 pm    Post subject:

Super Speler wrote:
Does what I said make sense though?  That all bigbangs are all identical so the next step must be also?
[post="68253"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If you haven't noticed (by looking outside), the Big Bang wasn't exactly uniform in its distribution of matter and energy.
Radical Pi

Advanced Member

Posted: 30 Jan 2006 05:24:12 pm    Post subject:

How do you know it isn't like that every time?
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 30 Jan 2006 06:01:28 pm    Post subject:

It doesn't have to be uniform... all I'm saying is that every time it occurs it is the same.
Jeremiah Walgren
General Operations Director

Know-It-All

Posted: 31 Jan 2006 01:33:11 am    Post subject:

The Big Bang Theory doesn't make very much sense to me. At least, the version that I know of. Apparently there are many... I will stick with God creating everything, personally.

If I remember my String Theory studies correctly, there can no longer be a "Big Crunch," so to speak, because the Universe cannot contract to anything smaller than the Planck (I hope I spelled that right) length. So now it's almost as though the Universe bounces back and forth between being really small and really big...

We all live in a big yo-yo. Very Happy (Okay, so maybe we don't, but it's fun to think about anyway.)

Oh, Super Speler, do you realize the odds of having every single universe live out its life in exactly the same way?

Last edited by Guest on 31 Jan 2006 01:36:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 03 Feb 2006 10:23:33 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Oh, Super Speler, do you realize the odds of having every single universe live out its life in exactly the same way?

Yes, but this shows you don't understand what I am saying.

Ok again. Let's say that you were in the matrix. Pick the blue or red pill? Pick red pill. Time lapse!!!! All time moves back 10 seconds. Pick red pill in TI Basic Words:

While 1 //Choice
Pick Red Pill
End //Time lapse

This requires that everything is decided by subatomic occurances that cannot be measured by us but occur in a scecific order none the less.

So lets say we come to a point in time where the exact thing has happend one-million billion trillion years before (pluto years :biggrin: ). The next instant will be identical. To bad this is impossible because the nearly immpossible due to the ammount of possible distribution of the universe, except for the fact that there is infinte time.

So in the infinite time the exact same set up may occur again, continuing on to the next point which is the exact same etc.

What I'm saying is that the point in time that is identical is the big bang. So every time it occurs the next moment is the same as the moment before.
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 03 Feb 2006 10:28:47 pm    Post subject:

That's an interesting theory. Sort of reminds me of my Time Travel Conspiracy Theory: Time travel has been invented several times, but then the creators realize the damage it causes, and go back in time and destroy the original, thus causing a paradox and erasing that time period from existance.
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 03 Feb 2006 10:32:11 pm    Post subject:

Only men measure time.

--AlienCC
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement