This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. 68k Calculator Basic => TI-BASIC
aforsy
the leaping penguin

Posted: 25 Jan 2006 06:31:38 pm    Post subject:

is it possible to change what the homescreen toolbar has without possibly screwing up my calculator?

all i'd like to do would be to replace one menu with som other commonly used things, but i don't want to use the Custom Toolbar...b/c i don't like it...b/c it's ugly... :ninja:
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 25 Jan 2006 07:12:52 pm    Post subject:

They should have had a custom menu instead. Like on the 86
bukwirm

Posted: 25 Jan 2006 07:20:02 pm    Post subject:

You could make a custom toolbar that has the same contents as the homescreen toolbar.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Jan 2006 09:37:33 am    Post subject:

Not quite, some arguments (like Clear a..z) can't be accessed through a custom toolbar. But you could get close.
aforsy
the leaping penguin

Posted: 01 Feb 2006 07:05:49 pm    Post subject:

you could have a "Clear a...z" option that runs a program that Delvar's a through z, which would work exactly the same.

so, it's not possible to edit the home toolbar, then?
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Feb 2006 08:26:06 pm    Post subject:

Nope.

Two more limitations:

1. Custom:EndCustm toolbars don't accept items that do something other than what they say. That is, if it's called "my 1337 item", it can do nothing except paste the words "my 1337 item" into where it was used.
2. Custom:EndCustm toolbars don't work with images in place of a title (you can use this in Toolbar:EndTlbr toolbars, and the default toolbar on the 92+ has an image in it).
sexybear979

Posted: 30 Mar 2006 03:41:28 pm    Post subject:

But then you could just have a toolbar item that linked to a program
i.e.: clearaz()

It would take one more button press, but making a program that did that would do just what the main toolbar does
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 Mar 2006 03:56:18 pm    Post subject:

sexybear979 wrote:
But then you could just have a toolbar item that linked to a program
i.e.: clearaz()
aforsy wrote:
you could have a "Clear a...z" option that runs a program that Delvar's a through z, which would work exactly the same.
In general, there's nothing wrong with "reviving" old topics, but please don't do it when you're merely restating an old post, or not contributing anything at all.

Last edited by Guest on 30 Mar 2006 03:56:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement