This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. 68k Calculator Basic => TI-BASIC
SilverCalcKnight
|_

Posted: 09 Jan 2006 06:37:41 pm    Post subject:

I have made a Tactics System 84, should I make one for the 89 or is there no demand for RPSs right now? The original is attached.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 09 Jan 2006 06:40:53 pm    Post subject:

Is this 89 basic? And sry for sounding dumb, but what is an RPS?
SilverCalcKnight
|_

Posted: 09 Jan 2006 06:44:28 pm    Post subject:

RPS=Role Playing Strategy, or RPG+Strategy

And yes, the new one would be for 89 in BASIC. The old one is for 83 through 84+SE.
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 09 Jan 2006 06:44:49 pm    Post subject:

According to this, it's either "Rock, Paper, Scissors", or "Role Playing System".
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 09 Jan 2006 06:46:08 pm    Post subject:

IAmACalculator wrote:
According to this, it's either "Rock, Paper, Scissors", or "Role Playing System".
[post="66446"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I MUST MAKE THAT rock paper scissors strategy game. Perhaps I'll make it in ASM and feature nice battle animations that original never had. Ya, that'd be so cool and it be so much easier than working on Deus Ex Mortalis.

edit: unfortunately I can't download to look at your original RPS. No emulator on this comp Sad

Last edited by Guest on 09 Jan 2006 06:47:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 10 Jan 2006 05:46:46 pm    Post subject:

Sweet, also in the list of acronyms was the school district just to the north of me. That acronym finder must know just about everything. Rockford Public Schools
SilverCalcKnight
|_

Posted: 12 Jan 2006 06:54:30 pm    Post subject:

I will need to brush up on 68K basic before doing this, though...

Any input on the original game?
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 12 Jan 2006 10:13:31 pm    Post subject:

Wait, I thought you just got an 89 Ti. 89 basic does not allow you to optimize as much, but it offers many more options. Where's the thread?
SilverCalcKnight
|_

Posted: 13 Jan 2006 06:25:14 pm    Post subject:

Yes, I just got an 89 Ti, but I also have an 84+SE <topic=off> and am the Official Master Programmer (as designated by my friends and teachers) of my school. That's not saying much, though, since everyone there (besides my friends) either uses programs as storage for notes or can't program but tries very hard (If I had a quarter for every ERR:SYNTAX I have encountered on the school calcs...) or just makes :Disp "*text*" :Pause programs that they learned how to do from me. <topic=on>
IAmACalculator

Know-It-All

Posted: 13 Jan 2006 10:51:20 pm    Post subject:

I'm probably the master programmer of my school, partly because no one else is crazy enough to learn (I've had one person try, but he has a wimpy 84+SE manual). I do have one friend who programs on his HP, though.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 15 Jan 2006 03:51:18 pm    Post subject:

I think we're all the master programmers of our respective schools.

I personally can't care whether or not you create this game, since I don't have an 89 Sad. It sounds like a good project though, and I'm sure the 89 community would appreciate it.
SilverCalcKnight
|_

Posted: 19 Jan 2006 06:18:18 pm    Post subject:

alexrudd wrote:
I think we're all the master programmers of our respective schools.
[post="66955"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree. <tone=angry> The only other "good" programmer rips off my programs, adds "features", and puts his name as the creator without giving me credit for making the game!! I am an open-source programmer (I don't lock my programs, since my friends are decent programmers) but this is ridiculous! <tone=normal>
I shouldn't be mad, but...
IAmACalculator

Know-It-All

Posted: 19 Jan 2006 06:59:14 pm    Post subject:

Well, if this guy's one of those people who just is annoying and doesn't really know anything about a calculator, then you can just lock your programs. Otherwise, the only other options are to either make your code incomprehensible, or program in ASM. I don't distribute programs that often, so I don't really have this problem.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 19 Jan 2006 08:43:02 pm    Post subject:

KTG841991 wrote:
alexrudd wrote:
I think we're all the master programmers of our respective schools.  [post="66955"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree. <tone=angry> The only other "good" programmer rips off my programs, adds "features", and puts his name as the creator without giving me credit for making the game!! I am an open-source programmer (I don't lock my programs, since my friends are decent programmers) but this is ridiculous! <tone=normal>
I shouldn't be mad, but... [post="67350"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well, isn't that how Window XP came to be? People added on?

I agree it is frustrating, but you can get back at them by 1up-ing them. Life is not always about being better than other people. Now computer programs, that's another thing.

Last edited by Guest on 19 Jan 2006 10:56:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
SilverCalcKnight
|_

Posted: 20 Jan 2006 06:00:00 pm    Post subject:

Making the code incomprehensible won't work, as he will just RCL it into his own program name. Locking it doesn't allow my friends access, because they don't have Ark or MirageOS (their parents are paranoid) but is the most logical answer. I am not 1337 enough to program in ASM (yet) but it would be really cool. Just think-I could add battle animations and even a better screen! Although, that could be done with the Draw screen, but I don't understand that either. I know it deals with pixels and their coordinates, but I have never personally gotten it to work.

Anyone try the program yet? I really would like some input...
IAmACalculator

Know-It-All

Posted: 20 Jan 2006 06:09:39 pm    Post subject:

Locking just makes them unable to see the source code, it doesn't prevent them from running it.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 20 Jan 2006 06:31:18 pm    Post subject:

KTG841991 wrote:
Making the code incomprehensible won't work, as he will just RCL it into his own program name. [post="67418"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
Fit all you programs into one giant program 13,000+ bytes big. Then he can't use recall as there isn't enough RAM.
SilverCalcKnight
|_

Posted: 24 Jan 2006 06:11:30 pm    Post subject:

Thanks. He isn't smart enough to use RCL anyway, but he is crazy enough to copy it down on paper and back into a program. Locking will have to do, I can always give Ark to my friends to let them into the code, since it shows in PRGM and not APPS. I am officially finished with Z80 basic for now anyways, because I have a TI-89 Ti now, and would rather program on that. I can't use my old TI-84 + SE anymore, the Titanium's button layout is easily confused with it. In fact, I frantically pressed 2nd-Del (for Ins) thinking it was 2nd-Esc (for Quit) for a few seconds.
SilverCalcKnight
|_

Posted: 03 Feb 2006 05:38:28 pm    Post subject:

*drops 89+Ti...*
BUMP
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement