This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Raster

Posted: 30 Dec 2005 11:44:27 pm    Post subject:

BACK ON SUBJECT AT HAND!!!

I need help on figuring out how to communicate with the USB port on a TI-89Ti. Eather by basic, or 68k asm. I can not do this alone.

Last edited by Guest on 30 Dec 2005 11:44:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 31 Dec 2005 06:58:32 am    Post subject:

Oh, good. The 89Ti's linkport is sadly un-utilized. The only program I've seen for this is an experimental TICT Backgammon.
Raster

Posted: 01 Jan 2006 03:57:57 pm    Post subject:

Found the TI Backgammon Here
I hope to continue my research Smile .
CompWiz

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 05 Jan 2006 11:21:24 pm    Post subject:

IAmACalculator wrote:
I'd love it if someone would just take a flash drive, hook it up to a mini-USB adapter, and create a calculator driver. That would be awesome...
[post="65526"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It's been done. Don't you remember a few months ago when someone made a program that let them play a scene of the matrix off of a flash drive plugged into the usb port of an 84 series calc? And I think they also made it so it could use a usb mouse and keyboard.

There was some calculator modem and internet browser that Kerm made. I'm not sure if either one was finished though. Look through his ticalc.org files, they're both there, I think.
Radical Pi

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Jan 2006 04:30:03 pm    Post subject:

If calcs are going to get connected eventually, will we at least be able to play multiplayer games over the internet?
kalan_vod

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Jan 2006 10:58:13 pm    Post subject:

Radical Pi wrote:
If calcs are going to get connected eventually, will we at least be able to play multiplayer games over the internet?
[post="66213"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Turn based easily, although it may be possible for other types.
boost

Posted: 07 Jan 2006 03:36:37 am    Post subject:

i've been browsing around, and i think there is something like the project already..
to my disappointment
i did look in Kerm's ti profile and saw the tici 1.0, ti calc interface, which is sort of like a usb connection thingy that can connect the calculator to keyboard, mouse, speakers, or even modems.
so yea.
he already has a basic program for its features.. Neutral
IAmACalculator

Know-It-All

Posted: 07 Jan 2006 07:27:02 am    Post subject:

CompWiz wrote:
It's been done.  Don't you remember a few months ago when someone made a program that let them play a scene of the matrix off of a flash drive plugged into the usb port of an 84 series calc?  And I think they also made it so it could use a usb mouse and keyboard. 

There was some calculator modem and internet browser that Kerm made.  I'm not sure if either one was finished though.  Look through his ticalc.org files, they're both there, I think.
[post="66179"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That was a USB Drive? I didn't know... I don't have an 84+(se) anyway, so I'm waiting for the Titanium version. :biggrin:
boost

Posted: 07 Jan 2006 04:42:56 pm    Post subject:

i really dont get why you need a tici 1.0 interface..
because can't you just connect the ti calc to any usb stuff via female to female usb adapter?
its only like 5 bucks in radioshack...
so you would connect the calc to the mini usb to usb cable, then connect that link to the female-female usb adapter, and then finally plug the usb object to the female port..
and there are a lot of drivers to enable the machines..
in ticalc.org
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 13 Jan 2006 02:23:58 pm    Post subject:

I don't know about you guys but my calculator conected to the internet during a test makes me shiver...
boost

Posted: 16 Jan 2006 06:21:11 pm    Post subject:

well, to my least surprise, z80 can't hold the process a whole wireless connection including http ftp pop3..
project failure
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 16 Jan 2006 06:23:26 pm    Post subject:

Raster wrote:
BACK ON SUBJECT AT HAND!!!

I need help on figuring out how to communicate with the USB port on a TI-89Ti. Eather by basic, or 68k asm. I can not do this alone.
[post="65559"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I've found very little documentation. Have you made progress in your search? The USB port might be more complicated to operate than the linkport, but the linkport is on all models, isn't that sad? Sad
IAmACalculator

Know-It-All

Posted: 16 Jan 2006 06:58:13 pm    Post subject:

Kevin Kofler made a working USB backgammon, and has documented the routines. They can be found here.

EDIT: I didn't notice how old that stuff is. I don't know if there's a recent version anywhere, however.

Last edited by Guest on 16 Jan 2006 07:03:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement