This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 19 Dec 2005 11:23:51 pm    Post subject:

That game's awesome. It came with one of the original Mario GBA games. I think that'd be a great idea.
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 20 Dec 2005 07:43:31 am    Post subject:

A very excellent port of this game has made it to the 68k series. The z80 version on ticalc.org is OKAY, but it little resembles the original, has relatively mediocre graphics, and has obnoxiously slow jumping, as well as the inability to change direction in mid-jump. I think that it would be a very good project.
jvdthwip

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 20 Dec 2005 08:48:09 am    Post subject:

Here's a simple idea I came up with while playing with my Game Boy Camera...

Use the arrows to lean your body left or right to continue juggling the balls. You don't have to use greyscale to show the LCD shapes in the background, but it makes the game a lot thriftier...

You could also do any of the other Game and Watch games... Simple in presentation, and gameplay, but so much fun and addicting.
Fire and Parachute are some of my favorites. Oil Panic is also a famous one. There's also Manhole. I hope I've helped.

EDIT:
I don't have an 84-plus or know it's functions, but placing a time stamp in the empty corner would take the cake for recreating a true "Game" and "Watch."

Last edited by Guest on 20 Dec 2005 08:50:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Dec 2005 10:51:33 am    Post subject:

calcul831415 wrote:
Whoa! can I borrow the pseudo-code logic?  Perhaps not make the same exact game, but coding concepts about the same.
[post="64528"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
Sure, just don't turn it into too much of a DDR clone so try to focus on the little bit of originality the game has got. ; )
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Dec 2005 11:46:38 am    Post subject:

jvdthwip wrote:
Here's a simple idea I came up with while playing with my Game Boy Camera...

[post="64862"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think that's a cool idea as a starter game, but don't you think it would get old fast?
jvdthwip

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 20 Dec 2005 02:46:39 pm    Post subject:

Well, the balls increase speed as you go on, so it gets difficult. Plus a high score element could be implemented. I know that my friends continually play Pheonix, Tetris, and the like simply to beat the other's high score.
Also, dealing with moving sprites and a simple interface are good practice for a begginner programmer without the hassles of making menus or implementing options. Just good repetitive gameplay.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 20 Dec 2005 04:56:24 pm    Post subject:

jvdthwip wrote:
Well, the balls increase speed as you go on, so it gets difficult. Plus a high score element could be implemented. I know that my friends continually play Pheonix, Tetris, and the like simply to beat the other's high score.
Also, dealing with moving sprites and a simple interface are good practice for a begginner programmer without the hassles of making menus or implementing options. Just good repetitive gameplay.
[post="64881"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Perhaps that is why very few people play calculator RPGs. *sigh and looks at DEM projects* That disappoints my greatly. Sad

Last edited by Guest on 20 Dec 2005 04:56:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rhynomite

Posted: 21 Dec 2005 11:25:42 am    Post subject:

jvdthwip wrote:
You could also do any of the other Game and Watch games... Simple in presentation, and gameplay, but so much fun and addicting.
Fire and Parachute are some of my favorites. Oil Panic is also a famous one. There's also Manhole. I hope I've helped.

That's a great idea! Everyone would love to see the Game & Watch games ported to 83+.

jvdthwip wrote:
I don't have an 84-plus or know it's functions, but placing a time stamp in the empty corner would take the cake for recreating a true "Game" and "Watch."

I'm not sure about this, but I think both calcs have timers, but the 83+'s is only accessible from assembly whereas you can get a timer in basic or in assembly on an 84+.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 21 Dec 2005 05:04:18 pm    Post subject:

And, since Game and Watch sprites are relatively simple, people will still be impressed by stick figure graphics. :biggrin:
Rhynomite

Posted: 21 Dec 2005 08:42:24 pm    Post subject:

That's another plus for the Game & Watch idea and also a minus for Mario Bros. The mario and enemy sprites are actually kind of complex if you really try to draw them on-calc. I tried and only managed to make a good slipice sprite.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 21 Dec 2005 08:48:49 pm    Post subject:

Do you know how to do 3 level greyscale? Then, the Mario sprites should be less of a pain.
MeBeatYou

Posted: 22 Dec 2005 12:14:02 am    Post subject:

Make a Sudoku puzzle generator. If u dont know what that is... www.websudoku.com ... and see. Im sure it couldnt b e quite too hard if you use matrices, but i just can't find the time :hmpf:
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 22 Dec 2005 12:23:49 am    Post subject:

Somebody already made a sudoku generator and solver. It does have some bugs in it, but it's in Basic.

He wants to program an ASM game you know. And matrices are just a bit more annoying in ASM (but not that much) :biggrin:
kalan_vod

Advanced Member

Posted: 22 Dec 2005 01:00:56 am    Post subject:

calcul831415 wrote:
Somebody already made a sudoku generator and solver.  It does have some bugs in it, but it's in Basic.

He wants to program an ASM game you know.  And matrices are just a bit more annoying in ASM (but not that much) :biggrin:
[post="64977"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Why would you want to use matrices in asm?
Radical Pi

Advanced Member

Posted: 22 Dec 2005 06:30:59 am    Post subject:

Because its ASM and its fast.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Dec 2005 09:24:46 am    Post subject:

kalan_vod wrote:
calcul831415 wrote:
Somebody already made a sudoku generator and solver.  It does have some bugs in it, but it's in Basic.

He wants to program an ASM game you know.  And matrices are just a bit more annoying in ASM (but not that much) :biggrin:
[post="64977"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Why would you want to use matrices in asm?
[post="64983"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
Probably not the built-in TI-Basic FP matrices, just 2-d arrays.
Radical Pi

Advanced Member

Posted: 22 Dec 2005 03:31:07 pm    Post subject:

What an awesome coincidence. Ticalc.org seems to have had two Sudoku games added today.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 22 Dec 2005 04:38:41 pm    Post subject:

See, I was right, they already finished it. Actually, 2d arrays aren't too bad to work with. Just line them up in an easy to read way when you're programming.
WikiGuru
ADOS (Attention deficit... Oh! Shiny!)

Elite

Posted: 26 Dec 2005 01:51:42 pm    Post subject:

This is what I've decided on:
I am going to 'port' my not-so-well-known Nuke Trooper to asm. Actually, it will be a complete re-write of the program in asm, with a different interface, story, and other stuff. Does any one like this idea? If not, please tell me why :confused: .
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 26 Dec 2005 02:57:07 pm    Post subject:

This sounds awesome! An original idea is always good.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement