This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 29 Dec 2005 07:07:35 pm    Post subject:

Isn't that really simlillar to the first mini-game I programmed?
Radical Pi

Advanced Member

Posted: 29 Dec 2005 07:38:04 pm    Post subject:

The first one was sort of one-directional and had no background, so you could only tell you were moving when the space came up.

As for the archery theme you wanted, a target shows up on the graphscreen and an "X" goes left and right until you press 2nd/Enter.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 29 Dec 2005 11:18:25 pm    Post subject:

Radical Pi wrote:
The first one was sort of one-directional and had no background, so you could only tell you were moving when the space came up.

As for the archery theme you wanted, a target shows up on the graphscreen and an "X" goes left and right until you press 2nd/Enter.  [post="65463"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
Been done before, way too many times. What about on a circle? Then you get to figure out vectors and trig in assembly.
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 30 Dec 2005 04:04:38 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Been done before, way too many times. What about on a circle? Then you get to figure out vectors and trig in assembly.

I know about as much assembally as I know Latin: They're hard languages.

Anyway I've been brainstorming on how to get an object to move in a circle, it shouldn't be to hard useing formula x2+y2=r. I can then use pixle test to test for hits on a target moving in circles.

The second mini-game is almost done.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 Dec 2005 10:49:26 pm    Post subject:

Making an object move in a circle requires trig (or calculus and lots of precision). Sorry.
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 31 Dec 2005 07:00:06 am    Post subject:

Well, you could just graph R1=5, or something like that, and set the graph type to "animate"...
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 31 Dec 2005 10:46:24 am    Post subject:

I accually already figured out a technique to get it to move in circles... but you'd have to only be able to shoot in one direction. I'll put up the source when I finish writing it.
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 02 Jan 2006 11:55:43 am    Post subject:

Second mini game almost done.

I have a 0% chance of finishing the game by tommorow's deadline... it'll take an extra week.

Sorry,

BTW Me and Lunar Wolf Demon's games ussually have a play limit of 5-10mins, but this time it's different: mine lasts infinite time due to an everincreasingly powerful enemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! His I really don't know the details about, but I playtested the origanal a year back, which had a few annoying features and overused lbl/goto command but was overall fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Radical Pi

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 Jan 2006 06:53:15 pm    Post subject:

Good luck to possibly finishing in a week! :biggrin:
How many minigames are you planning on?
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 03 Jan 2006 04:11:45 pm    Post subject:

Three minigames done hopefully seven to go... I need help finishing!!! Give me easy to program mini-games!!! I hope I'll be able to finish. It doesn't look like Andrew will!!!

The mini-games have a total ammount of lbl/goto loops equal to zero!!! Thank you to everyone at United TI for telling me about memory leaks. One problem my main program has alot of menus. Gll... slow minigame lag problems in the future? I hope it won't be to bad... I mean none combat is rairly used.
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 03 Jan 2006 04:43:44 pm    Post subject:

Hey super speler I always hated the spelling bee's. I would always get out on the first round on a word like 'cat' I would purposely mess up like 'kat'. Then as I would walk down and not have to endure standing for so much longer I would pass my friends and snicker and say "I knew it was spelled with two t's".
Radical Pi

Advanced Member

Posted: 03 Jan 2006 05:25:22 pm    Post subject:

Are you suggesting a spelling minigame, or are you just commenting on the name "Super Speler" :confused:

mini game: you are given a key's row and column and have to press the key before time runs out. It's simple, but there's not much time left before Monday.
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 03 Jan 2006 05:58:57 pm    Post subject:

I'm a fast programmer, anyway that's a fairly good idea, I'll come up with a slightly more complex version, how about the more soldeirs you commit the slower the time limit?

P.S. So far I havn't started the accual combat program, just minigames. Once again... Gll... Super Speler is my name for everything not aim or e-mail thats where it comes from. So if you ever so someone named super speler online, it's me!

Edit:

I meant to add one of he minigames outlines. As with previous code certain parts arn't going to appear in final code and are just to let me know where to place parts.

Code:
ClrDraw
30->A
10->B
Text(A,B,"pi" //Sew me, most of the minigame sprites are similar in design
store pic 1
Text(A-2,B+1,"O"
Recall pic 1
Store pic 1
Text(A-2,B+5,")"
Recall pic 1
25->B
for(X,1,1000  //Will change based on how many archers sent in future.
0->k
17->F
While F<78
getkey->K
If k=21
18->F
If F!=17
then
Text(27,F,"   "
F+3->F
End
Text(27,F,"   "
Store pic 1
text(27,F,"-"
Recall Pic 1
Store pic 1
Text(26,F+2,"+"  //Small plus symbol found in catolouge
Recall pic 1
Text(B,80,"   "
B+C->B
Text(B,80,"O"  //Will make "O" into a target, target is designed I'll cange it in near future.
If B+1>45
-1->C
If B+1<10  //Yes there's an error in this line but it works fine.
1->C
End
Text(1.1."   "
If B>25" and B<29
text(1,1,"HIT"
End
End

There's another finished minigame. Obviously not final version but you can tell where it's going.

So long and remember to smell plenty of gorganzola beans!

What do you guys think of how my programming is coming along?

Last edited by Guest on 03 Jan 2006 07:46:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 04 Jan 2006 03:50:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
What do you guys think of how my programming is coming along?

Be honest lol.

Anyway I had time in math today to work on a game as recommended by radical pi. I'm using some new techniques to save memory in this program.

For example:

setup quote (off top of head calculator not in front of me):

"^<>V"->str1

later:
randint(1,40->X
text(A,B,sub(str1,X,1

Never used strings like tis before, huge memory saver. Sub( is an awsome character array utility if u no what i mean!!
Radical Pi

Advanced Member

Posted: 04 Jan 2006 04:48:05 pm    Post subject:

Didn't try the new minigame yet, I will soon.
The last post: if you're only using X once, you only need the line

Code:
text(A,B,sub(Str1,randInt(1,4),1

And welcome to the wonderful world of sub(, best accessed via 2nd/zero/T/UP/UP/ENTER!
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 04 Jan 2006 06:53:12 pm    Post subject:

Any idea how I can compare which button they press to directions on screen without brute force if statemements?

p.s. I've used sub( before but never quite like this.
Vinthian
formerly known as shortround4271

Advanced Member

Posted: 04 Jan 2006 07:13:37 pm    Post subject:

what window settings do you have for this game? i can't seem to run it on ZStandard or any other ones without screwing it up. really, i haven't tried everyone yet, but you should set it at the beginnign of the game =/
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 04 Jan 2006 08:34:15 pm    Post subject:

I've never changed my calculater's window setting.

Anyway there's probebly typo's in the code I put online, sry but I didn't have time to check it.

So is my Basic programming up to average yet in the profesional oppinions of TI'rs?
Radical Pi

Advanced Member

Posted: 05 Jan 2006 08:33:12 pm    Post subject:

shortround4271 wrote:
what window settings do you have for this game? i can't seem to run it on ZStandard or any other ones without screwing it up. really, i haven't tried everyone yet, but you should set it at the beginnign of the game =/
[post="66031"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
:confused: Text( doesn't use window settings...

Super Speler wrote:
I've never changed my calculater's window setting.

Anyway there's probebly typo's in the code I put online, sry but I didn't have time to check it.

So is my Basic programming up to average yet in the profesional oppinions of TI'rs?
[post="66050"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You're better than me.
Radical Pi

Advanced Member

Posted: 08 Jan 2006 03:23:26 pm    Post subject:

Super Speler wrote:
I have a 0% chance of finishing the game by tommorow's deadline... it'll take an extra week.
[post="65761"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If I'm reading that correctly you have one more day. Smile
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 5 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement