This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's z80 & ez80 Assembly subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Z80 & 68k Assembly => z80 & ez80 Assembly
Ghost429

Posted: 12 Aug 2003 10:20:25 pm    Post subject:

is there any possible way of taking any given program with a .8xp extension I can download off of the web, and convert it to hex so I can input it into the calc without a link cable?

I allready know how to compile it on the calc, my problem is getting the program into hex.

Please Help!

P.S. Sorry about the title (blasted fingers!)

Last edited by Guest on 12 Aug 2003 10:21:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Justin W.
Shattered Silence

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 Aug 2003 12:01:27 am    Post subject:

Sure I'd be gald to help you with that question. There is such a program that will give you the hex code for a binary .8xp

The program is called hexert. It is in the ticalc.org archives.

http://www.ticalc.org/pub/win/hexert.zip

Also if you want to do it online Cirrus Programming has an online dissassembler that will spit out the hex code for your binary programs.

Cirrus Programming- .8xp decompiler

The hex produced by the online decompiler can just be copied and pasted into a notepad program, from which you can view and type in the hex code.

Both of the above will only work on .8xp binary programs.
Justin W.
Shattered Silence

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 Aug 2003 12:06:27 am    Post subject:

Oh and BTW. I edited the topic title so as to fix your spelling error.
Ghost429

Posted: 13 Aug 2003 06:38:24 am    Post subject:

Hey, thanks alot! this was just what I was looking for!
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement