This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's z80 & ez80 Assembly subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Z80 & 68k Assembly => z80 & ez80 Assembly
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 04 Jun 2003 02:23:22 pm    Post subject:

Ok, I have a question. Let's say you were linked to another calculator, and they were using an asm program to send stuff to you, just a sendbyte thing. Is there any way that I could have an asm program running that catches everything sent to my calculator and somehow doesnt use it, or get rid of it? Neutral
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 04 Jun 2003 02:57:34 pm    Post subject:

i don't know, i will leave this one up to either, Justin W., Jbirk, or David L.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 04 Jun 2003 06:22:26 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't know... That sounds like it would work though, the TI-OS is somehow able to know when a connection becomes active...
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 05 Jun 2003 02:07:11 am    Post subject:

You can meake a getkeyhook because it is always active.

The hook would watch the link insertion bit of the correct port.

Upon cable entry, you need to put the calculator into IM 2 after setting your interrupt vectors, creating a table and code.

There is more Mad

You cannot use jp $3a, jp $38, or do anthing that would run the IM 1 interrupt handler. You will use reti to run the IM 2 only.

Your IM 2 handler would need to be incredibly complicated because it would need to handle APD, the Keyboard, the Screen, and anything else IM 1 handles.

The only difference is that you would not have a Link Port Driver.

Upon removal of the link cable, your program should reinstate IM 1.

Another option:

You could try wrighting a getkeyhook to continuously reset port 0 (hold a line lo).

_______
Yet another option:

Link Hook probably have to talk to Jason Kovas, Michael Vincent, or Dan Englender.

Suffice it to say, it is very difficult because TI-OS is handling the Link Port and likes to listen too it!

What are you trying to do? If you are trying to prevent calcs from sending programs to each other, I wrote an app for that

If you are trying to circumvent TestGuard, that would take a more complicated approach because you would have to make TI-OS unable to listen to the port.
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 05 Jun 2003 06:56:06 am    Post subject:

Ok then, thsi might take a while, thx 4 ur help
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 05 Jun 2003 12:10:30 pm    Post subject:

u mean u couldn't just have an iterrupt that each time ran, reset the linkport to 0? then it could process main TI-OS interrupt, and it would read it as 0... i dunno, just a speculation...
David
The XORcist!

Advanced Member

Posted: 05 Jun 2003 01:31:51 pm    Post subject:

If the calculator is using the silent link protocol, one could set a link hook that disables the silent link.
The specs are as follows:
In 83+ ROM versions 1.13 and above, there is a link hook. It is called upon the silent linking routine receiving a byte.

To enable: B_CALL 50CE
To disable: B_CALL 4F69

bit 7,(iy+36h) controls this hook. Memory address is 9BD0.

Inputs: None
Outputs: Z flag will cancel the silent link routine.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 05 Jun 2003 04:51:29 pm    Post subject:

David,

Is it really that easy?

Just set the hook and have it set the Z flag?

cp a ;will set the Z flag.
David
The XORcist!

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 Jun 2003 04:20:36 am    Post subject:

Yes, according to the documentation, it is that easy.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement