This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. CSX => Your Projects
Rezek
Better Than You

Calc Guru

Posted: 23 Sep 2005 05:03:34 pm    Post subject:

Well; I don't think this has been mentioned anywhere. Ok, here goes:

I got this version straight from TiCalc.org:

I entered 'hex' and got the hex screen. The contrast became light (as it was when I first turned it on; I darkened it...) and there are streaks from the letters on the left that are a different, lighter shade than the rest. It's like, perfect greyscale Very Happy. So; then the colons are displayed perfectly. The numbers on the left are for the most part; except the first column of each char and the last has a streak through it, displayed below all the letters but not in the block itself. And the letters in the first row are all screwed up =/. I'm sorry if I'm not expressing myself very well Sad. Anways; when I pushed 'Q' to quit; I thought I'd crashed it; because the screen became perfectly dark. Then; I attempted to lower the contrast; it worked. It still appears stable now. However; I am able to duplicate the error. I haven't tried much else yet. Anything else I should tell you?

On another note; this is pretty darn cool. Hopefully it's still being continued... the last update was March. Oh well. *reads FAQ*
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Sep 2005 01:30:45 pm    Post subject:

That's pretty lucky. You don't see many calcs recover after the contrast goes ballistic. * Also reads FAQ *
Rezek
Better Than You

Calc Guru

Posted: 24 Sep 2005 01:43:52 pm    Post subject:

Suppose I should mention just a bit more Razz. Apparently didn't realize how little info I gave Smile.

TI-83+, was OS v1.18
It's an old calc, I upgraded the OS awhile ago. By old, I mean like, 4 years? Don't know, was given by sister's husband.
Um... can't think of anything else to say.

Other than I can't re-install TI-OS... it says the 'Waiting... Please install calculator software now.' message, then 'ERROR! Press any key to turn unit off. Then turn unit back on.' I do so and get the 'Waiting...' message again. While I'm doing this I attempt to send the OS file and it says it can't find the calc Sad. Hopefully I'll figure it out soon </rant>.

Other errors you don't care about; When I enter in a 28th charcter it gets filled with kablooie. Pushing clear fixes it.
sgm

Calc Guru

Posted: 24 Sep 2005 03:59:28 pm    Post subject:

Rezek wrote:
I entered 'hex' and got the hex screen. The contrast became light (as it was when I first turned it on; I darkened it...) and there are streaks from the letters on the left that are a different, lighter shade than the rest. It's like, perfect greyscale Very Happy. So; then the colons are displayed perfectly. The numbers on the left are for the most part; except the first column of each char and the last has a streak through it, displayed below all the letters but not in the block itself. And the letters in the first row are all screwed up =/. I'm sorry if I'm not expressing myself very well Sad. Anways; when I pushed 'Q' to quit; I thought I'd crashed it; because the screen became perfectly dark. Then; I attempted to lower the contrast; it worked. It still appears stable now. However; I am able to duplicate the error. I haven't tried much else yet. Anything else I should tell you?  [post="56878"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I though this was common knowledge. The LCD is crap.
(shade up)Y1 = -10
(shade up)Y2 = .1X^2 - 10
Or something like that.

Last edited by Guest on 24 Sep 2005 08:20:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rezek
Better Than You

Calc Guru

Posted: 24 Sep 2005 04:25:28 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I though this was common knowledge. The LCD is crap.

:D

What's the graph supposed to do; I tried it in zStandard and just got straight lines... I assume it's something demonstrating the inherent badness of the LCD?
kalan_vod

Advanced Member

Posted: 24 Sep 2005 11:49:28 pm    Post subject:

its a skatepark.....
Rezek
Better Than You

Calc Guru

Posted: 25 Sep 2005 09:01:28 am    Post subject:

Doubtful this is what Sigma wanted to show me (or anyone, for that matter).
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 25 Sep 2005 10:37:39 am    Post subject:

Maybe that it has difficulties keeping the brightness up with too many lines of the screen? I remember that problem from using too many/detailed sprites in the basic rpg engines I made on my 83.
threefingeredguy

Advanced Member

Posted: 12 Oct 2005 11:03:08 am    Post subject:

Does this thing currently run ASM programs?
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Oct 2005 04:38:24 pm    Post subject:

Even if it did, it wouldn't be compatible with existing assembly programs that are made for the TIOS.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement