This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Cemetech News and Announcements subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. United-TI Announcements => Cemetech News and Announcements
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 28 Aug 2005 01:09:12 am    Post subject:

necro wrote:
Sir Robin wrote:
If you programmed the thing on an 84+ you would make it so that it runs at a decent speed on the 84+. If it were then tested on an 83 it would run slower than expected.    [post="54771"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Aren't they going to be tested on the calc they were made for though? And for people who don't have an 83+ probabaly ought to get the emulator so they can use all of the features of the z80 calcs.

Will we be able to use the Xlib App and/or any other asm/flash libs?
[post="54923"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Sir Robin wrote:
They will all be tested on the calculator you program it for. That was largely a theoretical discussion.
[post="54925"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That is correct, I own the actual hardware for every TI Model that is allowed in this contest, so it will be tested on the model you signed up for.

--AlienCC
axcho

Posted: 28 Aug 2005 04:26:55 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
That is correct, I own the actual hardware for every TI Model that is allowed in this contest, so it will be tested on the model you signed up for.
Can I change mine to 84+ so I will get more points for speed?

Can we enter a game that we have already designed the graphics for? Can we start protyping the engine on the computer to balance the stats? I have several games at various levels of completion: from a completed graphics engine to just the basic idea.
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 28 Aug 2005 05:56:37 pm    Post subject:

axcho wrote:
Quote:
Can I change mine to 84+ so I will get more points for speed?

Can we enter a game that we have already designed the graphics for? Can we start protyping the engine on the computer to balance the stats? I have several games at various levels of completion: from a completed graphics engine to just the basic idea.
[post="54986"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

How would that possibly be fair to anyone else who is competing? Short answer is NO, it must adhere to all of the rules which will be posted on September 1st. For all you know what will be required is completely different then what you have in mind. Also who said speed was going to be part of the point system this time?

--AlienCC
Younglinkie

Posted: 29 Aug 2005 04:30:24 pm    Post subject:

Would a tetris like game count as strategy? And how would you rate the game, like what would you watch for, in general? Graphics, Gameplay, and Originality for sure, but anything else?
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Aug 2005 04:37:01 pm    Post subject:

You'll find out when the rules are posted but what does tetris have to do with strategy!?
axcho

Posted: 29 Aug 2005 04:48:44 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
How would that possibly be fair to anyone else who is competing? Short answer is NO, it must adhere to all of the rules which will be posted on September 1st. For all you know what will be required is completely different then what you have in mind. Also who said speed was going to be part of the point system this time?
Well, I don't think it is fair that people with 84+ calculators will be able to program in more features while having their game still run at a decent speed. Even if speed is not part of the point system, it directly affects the playability of the game.

I doubt that what will be required will exclude Civilization or Warcraft style games. I understand about the graphics, though. Maybe you all can give me ideas, since I've been working on the ones I already have. I would be glad to share my ideas for others to work on them. I probably can't lend you any code or graphics, though. I have a lot of graphics lying around in case I need them for strategy games.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 Aug 2005 03:50:11 am    Post subject:

And what about using old graphics, or subroutines that have been programmed before the contest?
axcho

Posted: 30 Aug 2005 02:54:25 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
And what about using old graphics, or subroutines that have been programmed before the contest?
That's what I was talking about. Apparently they are not allowed.

But actually I just remembered an idea that I have not started working on yet. I'm not sure it will even be possible though. It might require 84+ speed.
necro

Advanced Member

Posted: 30 Aug 2005 06:22:24 pm    Post subject:

Oh...crap, this month has 31 days...ergh.

Last edited by Guest on 31 Aug 2005 03:19:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 31 Aug 2005 07:51:03 pm    Post subject:

It's still August here. Depends on what time zone you use. Just wait a tiny bit.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement