This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
IntrnalDsK

Posted: 26 Jul 2003 01:24:23 pm    Post subject:

I have three TI calculators. One is a TI83+, which runs great, and i use it all the time. Another is the crashed TI83+, and i have yet another normal TI83, which doesn't work too well, because every time I put batteries in it, the screen turns completely blue - I think everyone knows what that looks like - and I can't find a way to fix it. Is there any ON+DEL or something on a normal TI83? Wacko
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 26 Jul 2003 01:48:59 pm    Post subject:

on the ti83 the pixels actually r blue natually! but if u take out all *5* batteries, wait a while, then reinsert, it should be fine!
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Jul 2003 02:53:37 pm    Post subject:

I hope you haven't forgot to try to decrease the brightness before getting all deperate.

Last edited by Guest on 26 Jul 2003 02:53:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 26 Jul 2003 04:38:42 pm    Post subject:

i know for sure the pixels on a 82 are REALLY deep blue.
IntrnalDsK

Posted: 02 Aug 2003 04:45:21 pm    Post subject:

Well, it turns blue as soon as I put the batteries in, before i press ON. Wacko
IntrnalDsK

Posted: 03 Aug 2003 02:11:25 pm    Post subject:

Strange, now it is the black screen of death. I left it without batteries for a week or so and it is no longer blue. Still isn't working, though...
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 Aug 2003 05:43:35 pm    Post subject:

Lol - now try switching the polarity of the batteries and leaving them in for another week to see if we can coax out a red screen of death hehe Very Happy

How hard is it to switch displays on a calc, anyway? Is it a simple flick of the soldering iron or a more complex matter? It'd be neat if someone modified a calc to have three times the res and greyscale built in, addressable with ASM coded interrupts. Neutral
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Aug 2003 05:45:41 pm    Post subject:

KD5YTX wrote:
How hard is it to switch displays on a calc, anyway?  Is it a simple flick of the soldering iron or a more complex matter?  It'd be neat if someone modified a calc to have three times the res and greyscale built in, addressable with ASM coded interrupts. Neutral

I don't think that would work since there's a limited number of ways/paths for information/electricity to be send to the screen, you'd have to mod pretty much the entire calc's hardware.

Might as well buy a laptop.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement