This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. 68k Calculator Basic => TI-BASIC
hugofcruz

Posted: 25 Jul 2005 12:40:45 pm    Post subject:

I've got some basic programing knowledge but there's something i cant discover from my own. Well the problem i have is this one:

Ti-92 Plus has 2 different font types: a big and a smaller one. The second ones appers for example in the Home Screen at the bottom or when u write this on a program:

Dialog
Title "insert text here"
Text "insert text here"
EndDlog

So i would like to see the same kind of font type in the TEXT STRING and in the TILE SCREEN. I dont know how i can use the small font type in the TEXT STRING.

Can someone help me please?
Thanks.
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Jul 2005 10:42:54 am    Post subject:

ugh, 92+? I don't think anyone around here has one of those. Most I've seen were 89s.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Jul 2005 10:44:36 am    Post subject:

they have a different type of ti-basic?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Jul 2005 12:15:06 pm    Post subject:

I looked on google a bit and all I could find just confused me..

Look at the bottom of this site:
http://www.technicalc.org/examples/en/html...stom-menus.html

They show an exmaple of making a dialog, one set of screenshots has the title and text the same size, the others different.

I think this is just the difference between the 89 and the 92, and that it's done by the OS itself, so if you want smaller text font, buy an 89!

Neutral
hugofcruz

Posted: 26 Jul 2005 01:09:08 pm    Post subject:

I mean the text in the bottom, where is written "MAIN" , "RAD AUTO", "FUNC 2/30", for example. And i know theres a why because i've seen programs made with this kind of font - check this page and see - http://litosnaweb.no.sapo.pt/modulo_7.htm.
Thanks!
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Jul 2005 06:23:31 pm    Post subject:

Looks like some kind of "tooltip" option? Maybe look around for that, I assume there's a manual with all the commands and that you have it or can get it.

Maybe download and read some of those programs?
Ray Kremer

Posted: 27 Jul 2005 12:54:00 pm    Post subject:

You can't control which font is used where in Basic.
Raster

Posted: 27 Jul 2005 02:46:59 pm    Post subject:

I know someone did this with a TI-83+, it was a link chat program. It really sucked but it was cool how half the screen was the graph, and the other half was the text console.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 27 Jul 2005 02:49:07 pm    Post subject:

[MODE] Horizontal should do that for you. Full returns to normal.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement