This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Cemetech News and Announcements subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. United-TI Announcements => Cemetech News and Announcements
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 13 Jul 2005 03:29:22 am    Post subject:

The highly anticipated cooldown week has begun. Contestants are allowed to view the scores given them by the judges, (Myself, and JBirk). Also the detailed reasons of why we gave the scores we did are available in pdf version as well. If you did submit an entry you may login to view the PDF files in the "My Download" section of the asm contest page. You will also notice a new "Cool Down Score" page is available, this is a summary of the scores in the PDF, along with the CoolDown average score.

We advise you to keep these scores, and pdf files to yourself during this week. If you have a problem with the judgement this is the time to bring it forward via the Note Section in the Contest page, only during this week until July 19th 2005, can you dispute the scores which we have decided.

17 members registered to participate in this contest, rf those 17, we had 4 turn in completed entries. This contest has thus far been a success, and every entry was very unique from the others, all of high quality. Thank you everyone who has supported us through the contest.

--AlienCC
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 13 Jul 2005 03:34:51 am    Post subject:

I would like to thank everyone too!

I much enjoyed testing all of the entries and must say they were all very good. Each and every one of the programs was way above average material.

I would like to add one thing to what AlienCC said. If you have a problem with the judgement, please bring any issues you have with my judgements to me and any issues you have with AlienCC's judgements to him.

If you and AlienCC have a disagreement, you will need to work it out without me and vice versa.

Thank You, Everyone.

I hope to have the opportunity to write an article for ticalc.org

I also hope that after the Winner is announced everyone will post their programs on United-TI, their own website, ticalc.org... everywhere :)

People will really enjoy these programs. I know I did.
lloydkirk1989

Posted: 13 Jul 2005 08:35:52 am    Post subject:

wow...17?!
Madskillz

Posted: 13 Jul 2005 08:25:38 pm    Post subject:

I am too nervous to check my score, I know I didn't win, but hey...this contest got me back into coding, so I can at least benefit from that! :biggrin:

There were some cool ideas, I wish all the entries the best of luck!
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 13 Jul 2005 11:07:52 pm    Post subject:

Check your score Madskillz, i found them to be in-depth and the comments were good to read.

AlienCC and Jbirk deserve some serious accolaides for their work Smile.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Jul 2005 01:32:03 am    Post subject:

I agree with tr1p1ea. The scoring was very good, and imho very fair too.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Jul 2005 12:56:52 pm    Post subject:

does this mean the Basic contest will be soon?
Madskillz

Posted: 14 Jul 2005 05:31:07 pm    Post subject:

I did I think they were fair and well written, even though my mine were off by quite a bit. Neutral

I could probably argue for a few more points, but I dont plan to. I am not gonna be a stickler, this was all in great fun and I had a great time! You can be sure I will be in the next ASM contest and ahem* more time will be spent! :biggrin:

I have nothing against the other entries, but I hope tr1p wins.
He was in need of a calc, and if I was to be the winner, I wanted the calc to go to him anyhow. I already have an 84+ SE, so there wasn't really a point for me to have two, and I know he doesn't even have an 83+ so I wanted him to be able to make Desolate 2 and be able to test it with that! :biggrin:

Again I wish the best to everybody, and may the best programmer win...

Last edited by Guest on 14 Jul 2005 05:33:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
necro

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Jul 2005 04:17:31 pm    Post subject:

fine, I won't post on the contest again...it seems unlikely that it will hapen any time within sight, and I am sorry I cared about the contest I could actualy participate in.

Last edited by Guest on 27 Jul 2005 11:11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 17 Jul 2005 05:49:50 pm    Post subject:

necro wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
does this mean the Basic contest will be soon?
[post="53492"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

that is the question...isn't it? BASIC CONTEST...PLEASE!
[post="53598"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The Basic contest will not be starting until Sir Robin gets back, that will not keep me from making preparations for it.

--AlienCC
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 17 Jul 2005 09:26:18 pm    Post subject:

Madskillz wrote:
I did I think they were fair and well written, even though my mine were off by quite a bit. Neutral

I could probably argue for a few more points, but I don't plan to. I am not gonna be a stickler, this was all in great fun and I had a great time! You can be sure I will be in the next ASM contest and ahem* more time will be spent! :biggrin:

I have nothing against the other entries, but I hope tr1p wins.
He was in need of a calc, and if I was to be the winner, I wanted the calc to go to him anyhow. I already have an 84+ SE, so there wasn't really a point for me to have two, and I know he doesn't even have an 83+ so I wanted him to be able to make Desolate 2 and be able to test it with that!  :biggrin:

Again I wish the best to everybody, and may the best programmer win...
[post="53499"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If you feel you deserve more points, please present the dispute. It is not an argument of any sorts but a claim. We always try to be as fair as possible, so if we missed something or judged you unfairly please bring it to our attention.

You really are competing against yourself until the very end when we see who has achieved the highest score. We therefore encourage everyone to bring any problems to our attention to ensure we do not miss something and unfairly name someone else as the winner.

There is no penalty for asking us to review your score. If you bring something to our attention and we do not agree, we simply leave your score as is. However, if we find your claim to have merit we will credit you with additional points!

Please PM me and let me know if I judged your entry unfairly, or PM AlienCC if you feel he judged your entry unfairly. Neither of us will get upset or take it personally.
sgm

Calc Guru

Posted: 18 Jul 2005 12:18:37 pm    Post subject:

Jbirk wrote:
Please PM me and let me know if I judged your entry unfairly, or PM AlienCC if you feel he judged your entry unfairly.  Neither of us will get upset or take it personally.
[post="53606"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

By that you imply you already know which project belongs to which person?

I answer this in a future post
-Jbirk

Last edited by Guest on 19 Jul 2005 02:37:23 am; edited 1 time in total
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 18 Jul 2005 12:34:58 pm    Post subject:

I was hoping this would be finished by the time I got back, looks like I wasn't disappointed. Where did Sir Robin go anyway?
necro

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Jul 2005 05:20:24 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if the contest would make Kevin take UTI off his black list
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Jul 2005 05:28:36 pm    Post subject:

He regularly hangs out on our IRC channel.
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Jul 2005 06:19:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Where did Sir Robin go anyway?

I was wondering the same thing... He disappeared over a month ago!
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Jul 2005 06:35:35 pm    Post subject:

I thought he always went to Russia during the summer?
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 18 Jul 2005 07:52:37 pm    Post subject:

necro wrote:
[post="53614"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

/point to topic in calc website news

I hang out here as well now (not post 10 times a day tho)
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 18 Jul 2005 08:02:47 pm    Post subject:

Kevin wrote:
necro wrote:
[post="53614"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

/point to topic in calc website news

I hang out here as well now (not post 10 times a day tho)
[post="53619"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

We took his reasons for leaving the first time as a sign we needed to re-evaluate what we were doing wrong. As such we've made several improvements since then, of course there is always room to improve, a constant challenge I look forward to every day.

--AlienCC
necro

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Jul 2005 11:22:43 pm    Post subject:

so, will we get to see/play these games? oh, and I didn't realise that UTI wasn't black listed anymore...just remebered something about arcane saying that he knew he was extremely aggravating to members...

Last edited by Guest on 27 Jul 2005 11:12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement