This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Cemetech News and Announcements subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. United-TI Announcements => Cemetech News and Announcements
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 15 Jun 2005 10:56:00 am    Post subject:

From http://www.Cemetech.net
Many people think of graphing calculators as a tool, for math and occassionally for gaming. Few would identify a calculator as a valuable mobile companion for extended productivity on the go. Doors CS 5, the first all-assembly release of the Doors CS Shell for every known TI-83, TI-83+, and TI-84+ series calculator model, aims to change all that. A revolutionary truly graphical user interface hides a powerful, versatile program manager capable of running nearly every filetype available.

Doors CS 5 is a revolutionary new shell and GUI for all TI-83, TI-83+, and TI-84+ series calculators that has been developed from scratch over the past one and a half years. It emulates a graphical interface navigated by a mouse cursor, left and right clicking enabled. There is a taskbar at the bottom containing common tasks including shutdown, contrast, restart, and exit. It also displays free RAM and approximate battery power available. Onscreen are up to six programs with associated icons at a time; a scrollbar at right automatically expands for more than six programs. Doors CS can run most popular TI-83/+/84+ series formats, including BASIC, TI-OS ASM, AShell, SOS, Ion, and Doors CS-proprietary formats. It provides a wealth of libraries and tools for developers, including 16 unique libraries of often-used functions and associated program capabilities. The exhaustive feature list includes:

:: Shell and GUI for TI graphing calculators
:: Scrolling desktop with up to six programs displayed at once
:: Default and imbeddable custom icons
:: Recognition of nearly every common shell filetype
:: Support for AShell, SOS libless, SOS libbed, TI-BASIC, z80 ASM, MirageOS BASIC, Ion ASM, Doors CS BASIC, Doors CS ASM, and more filetypes. Support for hidden programs, datafiles, game levels, Shell Expansions (SEs), Appended Library Extensions (ALEs), SOS libraries, and more.
:: HotKeys and multiple key conventions supported for maximal ease of use.
:: Instant desktop view and quit HotKey make switching between Doors CS and the TI-OS a snap.
:: Automatic recognition lets you run any file simply by clicking on its icon or name.
:: Modular SEs and ALEs let you add functionality and features quickly and easily.
:: Innovative associated program feature lets you open any registered file in the correct viewer simply by clicking on it.
:: Adjust screen contrast, turn off the calculator, view free RAM, and view the remaining battery power with the helpful toolbar below the desktop.
:: AutoShutOff (ASO) conserves battery power by shutting off the calculator after five minutes of inactivity. Simply press [ON] to resume where you left off.
:: Error-trapping routines alert you of many common problems instead of letting your calculator crash.
:: Fast mouse-like cursor interface controlled by the arrow keys streamlines using Doors CS. Support for an external keyboard and mouse is upcoming with TICI 1.0 hardware drivers.
:: Small shell size leaves plently of space for programs and files.
:: Extensive tools, including locking and unlocking files and programs, archiving and unarchiving, copying, renaming, and deleting, all from within Doors CS.
:: RAM Recovery feature regains leaked RAM when a program causes Doors CS to quit unexpectedly.
:: UltraThreading allows up to 256 Shell Expansion threads to execute at once from the desktop for partial multitasking capabilities.

Download:
Doors CS v5.0

Last edited by Guest on 15 Jun 2005 11:05:17 am; edited 1 time in total
lloydkirk1989

Posted: 15 Jun 2005 12:01:13 pm    Post subject:

wow...nice work Kerm. Do you think this will ever be converted to an APP one day?
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 15 Jun 2005 12:11:52 pm    Post subject:

Many of the Cemetech members have suggested it to me, and I am considering it, but if I do App it, it probably won't be soon. I am interested in this point at keeping maximal compatibility across the TI-83 / TI-83+/SE/84+/SE versions, so it will stay as a normal program for now.

And anticipating any questions I might get about Doors CS and MirageOS support, I'd like to say that the reason I did not add MOS support was for size and speed concerns. The amount of RAM the MOS routines alone take up would be prohibitive. In addition, most if not all programs written for MirageOS also have an Ion version, which has less header info and is therefore smaller; Doors CS supports Ion, so almost every MirageOS program therefore can be used with DCS5.
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 15 Jun 2005 06:06:16 pm    Post subject:

(first post in a very long while but this topic is more clean than the one on calcgames.org, a website which is in my black list now)

Sound nice, I dunno if I'll completly switch to DoorCS since MirageOS takes absolutely no RAM, allowing bigger games, but I might mess around with this when I have time. I heard Ion programs or something wont work in it, do you think it will be fixed in a next version?
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 15 Jun 2005 06:29:07 pm    Post subject:

Ion programs work, but MirageOS one's don't and most likely won't. See Kerm's post above for a more detailed explanation.

Looks sweet, when I go to my other computer (with link) I'll have to DL it.
shadowing