This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Computer Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 30 May 2005 09:28:44 pm    Post subject:

I have a wireless network, and my neighbore has one as well. Mine is called 'ROUTER', everything else is from my neighbore. Now, my question is, I see their network, (the name is their last name), but what is this 'xeric' network, and why does it say it's a fake network?

Picture:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/JoeIm...ri/networks.jpg
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 30 May 2005 09:32:19 pm    Post subject:

I think it is a real network, but quite possibly Network Stumbler could not figure out what company made the Access Point. I mean I have never heard about a fake access point.

What is your AIM screename anyway? May I suggest you use GAIM?

I also notice you have DivX installed. I would suggest you not bother with the DivX player, but just install the Codec. As for codecs, I would recomend you try the XviD codec too. I like it better than DivX because it is open source.

Last edited by Guest on 30 May 2005 09:34:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 30 May 2005 09:34:55 pm    Post subject:

Wow that was a fast reply. I don't think any of my other neighbores have a network, and I can never connect to xeric, while I can connect to Mchargue. I don't think they would have two networks in their house at the same time either. :confused:

[EDIT] - Dont edit yours while I reply with mine Razz

I tried trillion, but that started to suck, so I went back to AIM. It's ok I guess. I usually use power dvd or core media player or even media player to play movies, dont normally use DivX, and I do have XviD installed.

Last edited by Guest on 30 May 2005 09:43:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 30 May 2005 09:36:02 pm    Post subject:

I would not think so either. Anyway, does Xeric ask for a WEP key or a WPA key or something? It is obviously detected.
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 30 May 2005 09:37:31 pm    Post subject:

No, it just doesnt give me a signal. Ill set everything up to use that network, and it'll just say I have no connection at all, untill I switch back to either my network or McHargue
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement