This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Releases => Your Projects
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 May 2005 05:23:34 pm    Post subject:

File Name :: Donut Quest
Author :: Sir Robin
Category :: Ti-83plus Basic Games
Screenshot ::
Description ::
Donut Quest is a 100% Basic puzzle game for the TI-83+.

Your quest on each level is to eat all the donuts. You face obstacles that you must find ways around.

Unlock all six levels, which get harder as you go! In the future, there will be external levels as well.

Updated Wed, Nov 30 2005 9:14 pm

View File

Last edited by Guest on 21 Jan 2008 11:23:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 May 2005 05:25:20 pm    Post subject:

Can someone please check to see if this program works on the regular TI-83?
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 16 May 2005 07:31:00 pm    Post subject:

I will download it and give it to my friend with one tomorrow at school if I can.

EDIT: Haven't been seeing him lately, I'll give it to him when I can.

Just tried it on my own calc (regular 83+) and it worked beautifully. Before the screenshot, I was expecting ASCII characters. After the screenshot, I was expecting Omnicalc. The actual program was pretty impressive. I was surprised at its speed, for BASIC.

I only found one improvement in a quick look at the source. When you draw the smilie, you currently have

Code:
Text(L, M,"[
Text(L,M+1, "y    (Stat y, not regular)
Text(L,M+2, "9
Text(L,M+3,"y
Text(L,M+4,"[
Text(L,M+5,"
You can trim 40% of this and still have it function exactly the same. Smile
So you want to know how? Whatever.... Change the first [ to E. Then remove the second and fourth lines, as they are pointless.

Last edited by Guest on 18 May 2005 10:03:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 May 2005 08:47:36 am    Post subject:

You're right! That's one optimization I didn't even look for. I also think that the screen should have been centered. These are two things I'll fix in an update. Expect also an external level with completely different graphics and new objects Smile. I have left all graphics things to the external levels. If I have time, I will make a tutorial/readme for making your own external levels.

There's a bunch of other optimizations possible, mostly involving For( loops, but they all slow down the program while shrinking it.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 19 May 2005 05:42:32 pm    Post subject:

I've been looking at it some more, trying to figure out how it works. (Pretty advanced code!), and then played it. I discovered I can't move glazed donuts anymore. Sad I must have accidentally hit clear somewhere.

One other thing I noticed: in the getKey loop, you store a value (-1 or 1) into V. After the loop exits, V is used to change some variable (I assume the smilie coordinates). then it is deleted. There doesn't seem a point to using V at all there, as Ans works even better.

On another note, I gave it to my friend with the 83. It works perfectly, and he is addicted - "thank you alex, this will give me several hours of gametime thank you this is great I love this game" (He is the same guy who thought a counting program with adjustable speed was awesome.)
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 May 2005 07:00:25 pm    Post subject:

I save U and V because I use them, when pushing a block or glazed donuts, to calculate the coordinates of the square you're pushing it into.

I have implemented your optimization, the screen centering, and another optimization I thought of that is smaller and makes pushing blocks slightly faster. All in all, the game is now down to 3942 bytes. I think I will update it tomorrow.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 19 May 2005 07:21:48 pm    Post subject:

but there's a DelVar a few lines down, and they aren't used before that....

EDIT: Ah, I bet there's a goto in there, isn't there?

Last edited by Guest on 19 May 2005 07:22:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 May 2005 04:26:47 pm    Post subject:

Worse. An if/then statement conaining the DelVars. Wink

I updated the file (which is now 3961 bytes due to a speed optimization) and the screenshot. (Same thing, except centered. As much as I could, anyway)
aforsy
the leaping penguin

Posted: 22 Jun 2005 02:00:45 pm    Post subject:

if the if/then statement contains only Delvars, you can put them all in one long string, and since it reads them as only on line of code, an ifwill suffice, saving four bytes (WOW!)
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Jun 2005 03:48:35 pm    Post subject:

seems like the optimization has gotten to your head, causing you to talk and post in run-on sentences (not that I'm much better in that respect Laughing ), but the if statement contains other things in it as well, if not in the version uploaded then in the improved version I have on my calculator and will update as soon as I get link cable access, sometime in August.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement