This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Cemetech News and Announcements subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. United-TI Announcements => Cemetech News and Announcements
United-TI Archives -> United-TI Announcements

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 28 Jun 2005 04:36:24 pm    Post subject:

tr1p1ea wrote:
Dont worry i wont compromise the annonymity of the competition.

I dont really care about winning or losing, thats not why i entered, i just want to see everyone's awesome entries!!! Smile.

Thanks for all the work you guys are putting in (AlienCC and Jbirk), it is greatly appreciated, you are the ones who should be recieving prizes Smile.
[post="52675"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Of the two that were going to be re-tested for stability, one already had 10/10 in that category, so I did not re-test it.

The other one that had 4/10 now has 10/10 because the author clearly stated to test on 1.12. This brings one score from 82 to 88!

New Scores:

Again, I do not know the owner of the project which I changed the score from 82 to 88. I only know the project id, but I am not going to state that here. All project submitters will get their results back in just a few days and then have a week to contact us about any issues durring the cooldown period.

Last edited by Guest on 28 Jun 2005 04:40:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 28 Jun 2005 04:48:00 pm    Post subject:

lloydkirk1989 wrote:
Are points taken off if the game doesn't function well in VTI, because VTI doesn't properly emulate the calc. By the way, why didn't you use PTI? Also, I don't see how greyscale is a bonus. Depending on the lcd driver of the calc, its appearance can vary. I've seem some very appealing graphical games in black+white. In my oppinion, if the author is able to program a very graphical game in B+W, that should be noted. Not to mention, programming in greyscale doesn't realy require any extra skills.
[post="52676"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yes, points were taken off if the game did not fuction well in VTI. We stated in the beginning that all entries would be tested on a real calc and in VTI, so everyone had ample time to make sure their game would perform well on VTI as well as the real calc. If it makes you feel better, all 4 games worked fine in VTI when I tested them, so nobody lost points on the VTI test. Really the VTI test was simply to make sure the game would run on VTI, and they all did when I tested them.

I am not sure what PTI is because I have never used it; however, you are more than welcome to tell us about PTI and we may use it in a future contest if it meets our needs.

Greyscale simply is an advanced programming technique; therefore, it goes in the Above and Beyone category. Yes, depending on the Calc LCD the apperance can very. We really did not judge the quality of the greyscale if that makes you happy. It was either the game had it or didn't have it.

There are, indeed, many appealing games written in B + W, and the winning game may even possibly be B + W because greyscale was just a very small factor in the scheme of things. There were countless other things we looked for in each game.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 28 Jun 2005 04:52:41 pm    Post subject:

Madskillz wrote:
Ha I lost points for the save/load thing too tr1p! Mine was rushed, I just made the deadline ... Very Happy I think my .zip file was spot on, I hope! At least I know I can document well! :biggrin:
[post="52691"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

How would you know what you got?

As stated, the scores were 81, 82, 84, and 88 when I tested. You may be the person with the 81 or the 88. I really DO NOT know what you got, but you will recive your score sheets from both AlienCC and I the sametime everyone else does.

It is also possible you got low score from me and high score from AlienCC or vice versa. Nobody really can tell at this point who is going to win. After everyone gets both of their score cards from Alien CC and I, there will be a week to dispute any issues. After the cooldown week, we will announce the winner.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 28 Jun 2005 04:53:55 pm    Post subject:

alexrudd wrote:
Glad to see that judging is progressing, it looks like this will be pretty close.

hmm, what is this?
[post="52692"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That would be from the Logo Contest over a year ago. The logo above this page won.
Madskillz

Posted: 28 Jun 2005 05:31:37 pm    Post subject:

ha...Jbirk that made me laugh out loud, I think I scared my dog!
I figure I am the 82! :biggrin:
This is certainly nerve racking none-the-less! Smile
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 28 Jun 2005 06:20:52 pm    Post subject:

Jbirk wrote:
alexrudd wrote:
hmm, what is this?  [post="52692"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
That would be from the Logo Contest over a year ago. The logo above this page won. [post="52698"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
That lame effort to trick people lasted a few minutes... Sad

aliencc wrote:
Madskillz wrote:
Ha I lost points for the save/load thing too tr1p!
How would you know what you got
If he didn't put in save/load at all, that's an automatic deduction.
Madskillz

Posted: 28 Jun 2005 08:51:55 pm    Post subject:

ha..I am not gonna say anything....
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 28 Jun 2005 09:52:26 pm    Post subject:

Do you (Jbirk) and AleinCC test a different bunch of the entries and then switch or are there only 4 entries?

I hope there are more than that ... O_o.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Jun 2005 02:45:23 am    Post subject:

Does saving highscores count as save/load?
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 29 Jun 2005 03:02:59 am    Post subject:

I am wondering about the cooling off period ... will people get their scores respective to their ID so that if you have to make a reply you can still do so annonymously before the final decision is made?
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 29 Jun 2005 09:39:59 am    Post subject:

alexrudd wrote:
Glad to see that judging is progressing, it looks like this will be pretty close.

hmm, what is this?
[post="52692"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That was for the logo contest we had a long time ago, this asm contest is going much much faster then that did I'm sure everyone can agree.

--AlienCC
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 29 Jun 2005 02:49:27 pm    Post subject:

This contest will be over in about a week and a half max.
Madskillz

Posted: 29 Jun 2005 07:26:22 pm    Post subject:

Alien, Jbirk can you guys please answer Tr1p's questions! They were good and I was wondering the same! :biggrin:
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 29 Jun 2005 07:56:47 pm    Post subject:

We have not decided exactly how the scores will be returned. We have decided to return the scores a week before we announce the winner, so any disputes can be handled.
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 06 Jul 2005 04:37:29 am    Post subject:

Well i am just wondering how things are going?

Also will you guys release all of the entries when its over so we can look at everyones entries ourselves?

Is it also mandatory that source-code be released to the public?
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 06 Jul 2005 10:58:35 am    Post subject:

tr1p1ea wrote:

Also will you guys release all of the entries when its over so we can look at everyones entries ourselves?

[post="53029"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'm just about done on my end, and I'm still waiting for JBirk to send me the email with his results so I can manually insert them into the database.

Entries will be released only by the Authors who wish to release them, but should not be done until after the Winner has been announced. There will be no mandate requiring the source-code to be released to the public.

--AlienCC
Madskillz

Posted: 06 Jul 2005 11:10:34 am    Post subject:

you trying to hide something tr1p!? :biggrin:
ha.

Great, the cooling off period is getting closer!
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 06 Jul 2005 02:33:07 pm    Post subject:

I hide nothing! Smile.

Ill be releasing mine to ticalc.org just for the heck of it ... maybe i should add some stuff to it first though Smile.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Jul 2005 04:47:34 am    Post subject:

Yeah, i'll be releasing mine too. Maybe we can release them all at the same time and ask the ticalc news editors to feature them?
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 08 Jul 2005 01:52:55 am    Post subject:

AlienCC wrote:
tr1p1ea wrote:

[post="53029"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'm just about done on my end, and I'm still waiting for JBirk to send me the email with his results so I can manually insert them into the database.

Entries will be released only by the Authors who wish to release them, but should not be done until after the Winner has been announced. There will be no mandate requiring the source-code to be released to the public.

--AlienCC
[post="53055"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

My Official Reports have been turned in. Give it a day or two before the reports show up in the Contest Section.

Oh, you will need Acrobat Reader to read any PDFs attached to your project. The score will be in the Database, but many of the details will be in PDF documents.

--Jbirk

Last edited by Guest on 08 Jul 2005 01:54:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 8 of 9 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement