This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Cemetech News and Announcements subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. United-TI Announcements => Cemetech News and Announcements
United-TI Archives -> United-TI Announcements

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 May 2005 07:51:30 am    Post subject:

do we get 2 more weeks? that's cool!
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 18 May 2005 11:04:18 am    Post subject:

Yes it has been extended 2 weeks for 2 main reasons.

1) End of school year, finals, etc. the original deadline was conflicting for most participants for this reason.
2) The server move put me way behind on programming the contest tracker.

So fair is fair, it has been extended 2 weeks.

--AlienCC
Madskillz

Posted: 18 May 2005 10:24:35 pm    Post subject:

sweet, probably not gonna need it, but you never know! Wink It is always good to have more time!
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 May 2005 04:56:33 pm    Post subject:

That's cool. A couple extra weeks would give me time to get things squared away. I'm terrible with deadlines. Very Happy
necro

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 May 2005 06:33:38 pm    Post subject:

Will the Basic contest ever come?
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 19 May 2005 06:47:30 pm    Post subject:

It already has. Smile
sgm

Calc Guru

Posted: 20 May 2005 05:58:20 pm    Post subject:

necro wrote:
Will the Basic contest ever come?
[post="50631"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

When it does, you shan't be allowed to enter due to your excessive whinging and patent inability to just sit down and wait for the goddamned announcement. Wink
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 25 May 2005 06:01:00 pm    Post subject:

I was wondering a few things about the asm contest rules. Particulary those pertaining to the usage of routines. It states in the rules that you can use 3 routines from other authors. It also states that you are allowed to use a grayscale routine. However things like grayscale librarys tend to have more than one 'routine' that come with them (like setup routines etc). Is the whole grayscale library taken as 1 piece of source ... or is it imposed upon the actual seperate routines themselves? (In grayscale packages there can be a lot of routines like the interrupt routine, buffer copiers, interrupt installation routines etc).

I am also wondering about routines that have been co-authoured. For example i might extensively modify/optimise/re-write a routine that someone else initially wrote. Does this still count as a whole piece of source? For small modifications it would seem ok but if the modifications are large?

My apologies if i have misinterpereted the rules.

Last edited by Guest on 25 May 2005 06:02:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rezek
Better Than You

Calc Guru

Posted: 25 May 2005 07:53:01 pm    Post subject:

I PM'd AlienCC about it, his response was that he wasn't going to lay down the rules for every little bit and some of it you have to decide on your own.

OffTopic: Tr1p's entering? D*mn, I'm screwed... Wink
lloydkirk1989

Posted: 25 May 2005 08:00:17 pm    Post subject:

Lol...I think everyone is intimidated my tr1plea. Only one entry in Maxcoderz programming competition.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 25 May 2005 08:03:34 pm    Post subject:

That and making an animation program just plain sucks. I think this will be different.
Madskillz

Posted: 25 May 2005 09:27:25 pm    Post subject:

a...the bar was just raised! :biggrin:

Is it ok if we know who is all taking part in this comp? I would be interested in knowing...

Oh and Tr1p...I had asked that very same question several times. From what I can make of the vague answer I got is this. Ion is excepted, why shouldnt the graylib routines be excepted. So I think it only counts as one source just like ION does.

I can upload mine at anytime correct? It just wont be viewed until the comp is over. Well maybe I can optimize it...

Last edited by Guest on 25 May 2005 09:29:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 25 May 2005 09:31:51 pm    Post subject:

Ok cool Rezek, im not sure if it will even be a problem for me as i dont yet know if i will have enough time to cook up an entry. There should be a lot of awesome entries in this comp, i cant wait to see the results Smile.

Oh and dont worry about me Rezek, i am definately no-one to fear ... now if someone like sigma, jim e or dwedit (etc etc) were to enter, well that would be another story Smile.
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 25 May 2005 09:33:45 pm    Post subject:

Madskillz wrote:
I can upload mine at anytime correct? It just wont be viewed until the comp is over. Well maybe I can optimize it...
[post="50885"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You can upload files related to it for storing between computers or whatever else you want.

Nothing will be judged until after the contest deadline has past.

--AlienCC
Madskillz

Posted: 25 May 2005 09:38:03 pm    Post subject:

Ok that is what I thought...Oh and Tr1p...I mentioned to Jim the comp. We decided to compete, but I dont know if he has had the time to even work on a program.

I really enjoy this kind of competition. I have had a blast so far, and had honestly the most fun coding on this project than any of my others. It brought that fire back inside of me, I cant wait until school is out...6 days.
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 25 May 2005 09:58:33 pm    Post subject:

One more thing i was wondering about is that it says the entry is to be testing in VTI and on Hardware. Most interrupt based routines require you to use a differently compiled version of the same program (with a different interrupt routine) as the calc version wont work in VTI. An example is a grayscale routine. Are you allowed to submit 2 different files?

Edit - Jim e is entering? ... *reconsiders entering* Smile.

Last edited by Guest on 25 May 2005 10:10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Madskillz

Posted: 25 May 2005 10:10:34 pm    Post subject:

dont reconsider...keep this exciting!

In a case like that, you would have to include the VTI program...or if you use Jim's package, it will work on VTI without a problem...though a VTI version always looks better and isn't so flickery
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 26 May 2005 03:30:07 am    Post subject:

I thought you had to get rid of the VTI define before you compiled for hardware using Jim e's package. It will be very cool to see what Jim can come up with ... he is teh 1337 coder Smile.
Rezek
Better Than You

Calc Guru

Posted: 26 May 2005 06:27:36 am    Post subject:

'keep it exciting'. heh. yes, that is one way.

Tr1p1ea, don't not enter. I need the competition to motivate me to stay up all night 1 day before the deadline date. How else am i going to finish Razz?
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 29 May 2005 12:51:44 am    Post subject:

Well ok then, as long as you promise to make something awesome Smile.

I was also wondering about differences with platforms. If someone states that they are making their entry for the SE, does that mean that it will be tested on an SE and that they can use all of the benfits of that calc (15MHz, extra ram pages etc)?

Last edited by Guest on 29 May 2005 07:03:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 9 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement