This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Cemetech News and Announcements subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. United-TI Announcements => Cemetech News and Announcements
United-TI Archives -> United-TI Announcements

» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 10 May 2005 04:15:05 am    Post subject:

For those that have been waiting, the Asm Contest Registration system is now online yet again, many thanks to Adm. Wiggin for his help coding the new authentication library in a test environment. This was required as the old one used Basic Authentication which is incompatible with the higher safety restrictions in place on this new server.

If you wish to signup for the Asm Contest and have not yet done so, you may find the official Asm Contest page online at http://asmcontest.unitedti.org/. Once you have registered you will be able to login and obtain your unique Project ID as mentioned in the official rules.

--AlienCC
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 10 May 2005 05:49:40 pm    Post subject:

so any info yet on Basic Contest?

Or is this too off topic?

Last edited by Guest on 10 May 2005 05:53:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
necro

Advanced Member

Posted: 11 May 2005 06:31:10 am    Post subject:

AlienCC, do you have a general idea of when basic contest info might be available? It looks like your pretty busy and all...but still...
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 11 May 2005 02:54:16 pm    Post subject:

It will be soon, in the next couple of days. I was unable to work on it this morning due to a power outage that lasted the last several hours.

--AlienCC
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 May 2005 02:57:58 pm    Post subject:

Yes!! I have a programs I want to submit so Im excited
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 11 May 2005 03:05:21 pm    Post subject:

The whole point of the contest is not to submit a program that was already done, but rather to compete against everyone else who is participating in the alloted timeframe following the rules which will be posted. It is not fair to allow submission of a program that has been under development from before the contest.

--AlienCC
Rezek
Better Than You

Calc Guru

Posted: 11 May 2005 03:15:14 pm    Post subject:

@AlienCC:
I signed up for it through the registration box, but now what do I do? I haven't recieved any PM's or emails yet. Should I re-register and try again, or what?
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 May 2005 03:18:23 pm    Post subject:

AlienCC wrote:
The whole point of the contest is not to submit a program that was already done, but rather to compete against everyone else who is participating in the alloted timeframe following the rules which will be posted. It is not fair to allow submission of a program that has been under development from before the contest.

--AlienCC
[post="50257"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I ment I had program ideas. I haven't started on any yet or Id submit my newest version of BattleBots DX
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 11 May 2005 03:44:55 pm    Post subject:

Throwaway Identity wrote:
@AlienCC:
I signed up for it through the registration box, but now what do I do? I haven't recieved any PM's or emails yet. Should I re-register and try again, or what?
[post="50259"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I hope you meant to sign up for the Asm contest, since thats the only one we have the registration form up for at the moment. If you did intend to sign up for the Asm contest, then take a read over the rules, and begin programming!

--AlienCC
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 11 May 2005 04:17:40 pm    Post subject:

elfprince13 wrote:
I ment I had program ideas. I haven't started on any yet or Id submit my newest version of BattleBots DX
[post="50260"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

What's the point? You don't know what the program is going to be, so unless you are really lucky, ideas won't help you any.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 May 2005 05:01:39 pm    Post subject:

wasn't there a poll?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 May 2005 05:05:14 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, any ideas around RTS games would in fact be helpfull.

But that's the basic contest, better wait for the topic about that to discuss it and discuss the Asm Contest in this one?
Madskillz

Posted: 11 May 2005 07:18:43 pm    Post subject:

Ok, I registered for the ASM contest, I should be getting an e:mail giving my personal ID soon right? Or is the ID obsolete? Neutral

Got a few questions...
-Is one allowed to use any Grayscale package?
-If you use Ion.inc, that counts as one source, not multiple right?
-What about us 84+ SE owners? Do we still get the 84+ SE if we win, do we have to take it?(I'm not saying I wouldn't want it, because I can sell it...if I win that is!)

Sorry if that second question was asked, I was just a little unsure reading it in the rules.
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 12 May 2005 12:53:33 am    Post subject:

Madskillz wrote:
Ok, I registered for the ASM contest, I should be getting an e:mail giving my personal ID soon right? Or is the ID obsolete? Neutral

Got a few questions...
-Is one allowed to use any Grayscale package?
-What about us 84+ SE owners? Do we still get the 84+ SE if we win, do we have to take it?(I'm not saying I wouldn't want it, because I can sell it...if I win that is!)

Sorry if that second question was asked, I was just a little unsure reading it in the rules.
[post="50284"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You get the ID when you login to the contest page following the Login link on the top right corner of that page.

If you use shell specific commands from Ion that are built-in to Ion that is fine, but you must tell us your program requires Ion in that case.

If you win the contest, you will get the prize, its that simple.

--AlienCC
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 May 2005 07:46:57 am    Post subject:

If you use a grayscale package, does it count as only one routine? Most GS packages come with lots of routines, that could be a problem because we're allowed to use only 3.

Quote:
No. The rules say that you can use only 3 routines. 3 routines from one source or from 3 different sources.
Madskillz

Posted: 12 May 2005 08:32:40 am    Post subject:

I assume, that would go along the same rules with ION...Alien said that was fine...what would be the difference here? Except for its not for a shell.
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 14 May 2005 06:09:57 pm    Post subject:

If you have been unable to find your Project ID I suggest logging into http://asmcontest.unitedti.org/index.php There was a minor error which was preventing the Project ID from displaying upon login, this has been corrected, and you should now see it on the main page in Red.

Edit: Additionally the Notes section is now enabled, if you wish to use it.

--AlienCC

Last edited by Guest on 14 May 2005 10:45:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 17 May 2005 04:26:01 am    Post subject:

The File and Notes section for the Asm Contest are up and operational.

You may use the Notes section to track updates, ideas, etc. for your project, these notes are only viewable by yourself, and won't be shown to the judge, or other participants.

You may also use the File section to hold files that you're in the process of working on, or to upload your entry when you are done. Files will be kept private from all users and judges until the contest deadline. The files will be made available to the judges at that time, so make sure your description states it is your final entry when you upload it.

--AlienCC
Madskillz

Posted: 17 May 2005 10:12:58 pm    Post subject:

sweet, so Ion and a grayscale package each count as one routine each correct?
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 17 May 2005 10:31:23 pm    Post subject:

Ion (83) counts the same Ash or Crash (82) do in my book. Also be sure to look at the calendar, specifically June.

--AlienCC
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 9 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement