This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
IntrnalDsK

Posted: 18 Jul 2003 02:51:53 pm    Post subject:

I am thinking about making a file management program in BASIC (or, I may port it to ASM) that will have nested folders like this:

Calc
|
+MAIN
| +GAMES
| |+UTI
| |+TICALC
| +PROJECTS
| |+UTI
| |+IDKPROGS
|+MATH

How many folders do you think someone would want nested?
JacobdeHaan

Posted: 19 Jul 2003 03:44:47 am    Post subject:

I don't think you would need to go "in" more than four times, and five main folders total would work. Just wondering, if you are planning on making this in BASIC, how are you going to check to see if programs exist?
This is a program manager sorta clone, right?
IntrnalDsK

Posted: 20 Jul 2003 01:11:58 pm    Post subject:

Well, If it is basic, then it will have asm subroutines. It is like a file manager clone, but as of now, it can only use DOS commands. It uses strings to store the program list and folder list, so I am going to make an asm program that can list all of the program names and stuff like that such as updating prgm(theta)RUN which will look something like this:

PRGM:(theta)RUN
1 -> (theta) //(theta) tells the program not to return an incorrect command error.
If str1="BOMBER"
prgmBOMBER
If str1="FDOWN"
prgmFDOWN

also, I so far have the CD,CLS, and some more I can't think of commands done and the DIR command semi-done (shows current directory name and file contents but not the folders within the current folder) Making more sub-folders would be pretty easy, I think. I am also working on the sub-program MOVE which will move a file from one folder to another. Due to BASIC restrictions Mad It will be like this. "MOVE FDOWN .." or "MOVE FDOWN FOLDER", so it can only move up or down one folder, but I'm working on this. Eventually, It will become graphical Smile that will probibly be if I port it to ASM.

Last edited by Guest on 20 Jul 2003 01:26:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 20 Jul 2003 11:53:05 pm    Post subject:

i have an asm prgm that will run any nostub asm or basic prgm, and if the prgm is in arc, it streams (copies, verses unarchive (which can cause a garbage collect on rearchive)) the prgm from archive then runs it.
also have a prgm that lists the prgm on the calc in alphbetical order Smile in format:
a[seven spaces]bbc[5 spaces]really[2 spaces] etc.
find prgm #A:
sub(Str1,8A-7,8->Str2
IntrnalDsK

Posted: 21 Jul 2003 10:08:54 am    Post subject:

That's cool. Do you think that I could get the source code / compiled version of that? Smile
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Jul 2003 10:50:30 am    Post subject:

One question:
How are you going to store the folders, do you just use a list?

Oh, and are you going to add RD and MD?
IntrnalDsK

Posted: 21 Jul 2003 11:06:27 am    Post subject:

Yes, I am working on RD and MD now. They will be ver easy, and here is an example of what strings 9 and 0 will look like. str9 is the files and str0 is the dirs.

":11FDOWN:11BOMBER:12QUADRATI:21ASM28DAY:22BIOLOGY:" is str9
":00 :10MAIN:11GAMES:12MATH:20TEXT:21TUTORIAL:22NOTES:" is str0

the 11 before FDOWN means that it is in the GAMES folder. The second 1 in 11 is that it is the first subfolder of 10. meaning GAMES is in the MAIN folder. MAIN is in the " " folder for "/".

MD would be easy. Just add the folder to the end of str0, since they do not have to be in order. I am going to stuff as many DOS commands as i can into it, and then when it becomes more graphical and not text based, I will use the same engine without displying the output of DIR, just sneding the string outputted by DIR to the interpreter for the graphics.

Last edited by Guest on 21 Jul 2003 11:09:16 am; edited 1 time in total
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 Aug 2003 05:38:16 pm    Post subject:

Nested folders... Graphical file managers... Greyscale games...

Geez! The whole thing I liked about the calc was the arhcaic simplicity! They otta distribute a direct byte-by-byte hex editor built into each calc, along with processor specs and opcode listing.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement