This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Cemetech News and Announcements subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. United-TI Announcements => Cemetech News and Announcements
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 02 Apr 2005 01:30:07 am    Post subject:

As many of you probably saw mentioned earlier today (The April Fools Joke.) History has repeatedly proven that no matter how good the intentions, no society will flourish very long without some sort of government to establish rules, and enforce them. They will often start out doing quite well, and then its just a matter of time before someone comes along and creates chaos which is why Anarchy will never work.

We had some interesting things happen while everyone was granted the right to be a Forum Admin.

• Some members seemed to ignore the fact they had that kind of power at their finger tips.
  • Some members decided to explore the Admin settings.
  • Some members decided to go a step further, and improve the settings according to their ideas.
  • Some members decided to reskin the forum, sadly I missed snagging a screenshot of the purle/pink theme. Although it seems the blueglass theme I made kept winning the battle default skin used by everyone. (I really do appreciate that guys!)
  • We had 2 new users register, one appeared to just want to play with admin settings, but new users weren't granted that right until later when the second user joined. This last new user looked as if he/she was going to be a great asset to our forum, so I'm sad to announce they must re-register as the database was rolled back to before the fun began.
  • Some members decided to just have fun, and create chaos, delete posts, and update my personal settings.
Admittedly this forum ran quite better then I expected under the circumstances, for a lot longer (several hours) then I had imagined it would. However I was able to snag a couple of screenshots of the action, so that we can all remember today.

On another note, I'd like to remind everyone that if you have any ideas, suggestions, or complaints in how anything is at UnitedTI it is advised that you contact your favorite admin about it, so that we can either correct or improve the item at hand.

Now for the screenshots (click on thumbnails for full view):

There you have it, not everyone loves me, just almost everyone ;)

--AlienCC

Last edited by Guest on 17 Nov 2005 09:11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Nov 2005 09:26:41 pm    Post subject:

It appears something happened to the pictures... uploaded jpgs eventually fade, or something...
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Nov 2005 11:48:59 pm    Post subject:

One of those even says "DarkerLine" under who's online. What tha hairball?!?
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Nov 2005 04:02:43 am    Post subject:

Okay, either the database is messed up, or someone has a weird sense of humour --> looks at Sir Robin.. um Darkerline.
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 18 Nov 2005 04:20:39 am    Post subject:

No the database isn't messed up, everyone had full Admin powers that day.

As far as the large pictures go, it appears I am only able to recover 3 of the 7 at this time, its going to take more time to locate the other 4 if I still have them.

--AlienCC
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Nov 2005 09:22:43 am    Post subject:

DigiTan wrote:
One of those even says "DarkerLine" under who's online.  What tha hairball?!?
[post="61782"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
I don't think I remember whose username I changed to that.
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 18 Nov 2005 09:27:55 am    Post subject:

yeah I noticed that the pics were messed up. It was fun because I was supposed to have left UTI from february 21 to june and one the screenshots it show I posted in the contra forum ^^
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Nov 2005 09:35:12 am    Post subject:

Man, I didn't join till April 11..the fun I missed
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 18 Nov 2005 12:51:11 pm    Post subject:

hmm I wasnt as active in the community in 2004 due to no internet access at home, was there an april fools prank back then?
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Nov 2005 02:08:24 pm    Post subject:

Digitan had a 2004 April fool's joke. I had a 2005 one.

Last edited by Guest on 18 Nov 2005 02:10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement