This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
JeePee

Posted: 26 Apr 2005 02:52:17 pm    Post subject:

Hi all, long time ago, but now I need some help from the experts.

Recently, my TI83+ began acting weird. When I turned it on, it shifted my screen vertically. I could undo that by turning the calc off and back on, but a few days later, it began showing me random data on my screen. This went on for a few days, but each time I managed to get my calc somehow to work a bit.
But now I can't get rid of the random pixels on my screen. It still reacts on key-input - I can turn it on and off, and it reacts on menu-keys - but that's all it can do right now.
I allready tried installing a new rom, different versions of roms, leaving out the batteries, do the [Del] + batterie trick, but neither of them worked.

My question to you guys: does anyone know how to solve this. Any idea is good, there I really need the calculator and I don't want to spend money on bying a new one.

Note: I didn't do anything weird with it the last half year or so (like asm-programming), so I really don't know why it would do all this weird stuff Surprised
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Apr 2005 03:59:31 pm    Post subject:

Have you tried MODE+ALPHA+S?

There have been problems like this before. Searching the forum should bring some of them up.

(Sorry I couldn't be of more help; I'm in a hurry right now).
aforsy
the leaping penguin

Posted: 26 Apr 2005 05:30:18 pm    Post subject:

what does MODE+ALPHA+S do? i've never heard of that one before...
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Apr 2005 06:40:13 pm    Post subject:

From a Search:
Goto A
Goto B
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Apr 2005 07:13:21 pm    Post subject:

Oy! Until you said 'screen shifting' I thought this was a minor problem. Sometimes that can mean the display driver is running junk commands, but that's a very unlikely event. Here are a few general questions about your calc:

* How old is the calc?
* Has it ever been opened, dropped, or rained on?
* Running any ASM games lately? (Which ones?)
* What were you doing when it last crashed?
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Apr 2005 07:28:59 pm    Post subject:

Supergoose wrote:

Gotos are bad, don't use Gotos.

Try taking all 5 batteries out and leaving the calculator like that for awhile.
JeePee

Posted: 27 Apr 2005 01:08:11 am    Post subject:

DigiTan wrote:
Oy!  Until you said 'screen shifting' I thought this was a minor problem.  Sometimes that can mean the display driver is running junk commands, but that's a very unlikely event.  Here are a few general questions about your calc:

* How old is the calc?
* Has it ever been opened, dropped, or rained on?
* Running any ASM games lately?  (Which ones?)
* What were you doing when it last crashed?

* Tt's about 2.5 years old
* It has been opened, a long time ago, but I never experienced problems until recently
* I haven't been running any asm games, except a flash-prog that I made myself, but it's harmless (I used it before for a long time without problems)
* Nothing, I just turned it on, thats the problem, I can't get things to work

Quote:
Have you tried MODE+ALPHA+S?

Yes I tried, but gave up after a short time, but I'm gonna try it again, in a minute.

Quote:
Try taking all 5 batteries out and leaving the calculator like that for awhile.

I'll do that today, 'cause I won't need it anyway.

I'll write the results this evening.... Thanks anyway

Edit:
I left out the batteries today, and for now, it functions properly again. But I don't thing it'll stay like this, but let's hope it does Smile Yay.

Last edited by Guest on 27 Apr 2005 02:47:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 27 Apr 2005 07:10:37 pm    Post subject:

JeePee wrote:
I left out the batteries today, and for now, it functions properly again. But I don't thing it'll stay like this, but let's hope it does Smile Yay.

Did you ever reset all the memory? That's essentially what you are doing by leaving the batteries out, except going through menus is faster.

Reloading the OS wouldn't change some things, because it only erases the OS, not all the other data/junk in memory.

I think.
Redline

Posted: 27 Apr 2005 08:26:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Reloading the OS wouldn't change some things, because it only erases the OS, not all the other data/junk in memory.

I think.

Yep. Reloading the OS only clears the RAM in the 8x series. However with the 9x and Voyage 200 I'm pretty sure it clears RAM + ARC
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 Apr 2005 06:36:16 am    Post subject:

clearing the memory doesn't clear all things, the OS is still there, and maybe some other stuff too. The only way to completely clear your FLASH rom is the self test, Mode + [S] trick.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement