This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Modifications => Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics
jvdthwip

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 23 Apr 2005 01:49:11 pm    Post subject:

I was able to acheive sound from my TI using only 2 things, a telephone and my TI's link cable.

Since the jack is the same as a cell phone headset jack (which is also used on some cordless telephones), I simply plugged one end of the link cable into the TI, and the other into the phone. I then could listen to the sound through the speakerphone function.
Raster

Posted: 23 Apr 2005 02:08:41 pm    Post subject:

Maybe, you could call up someone, tell'em to link up, and you could have a link game to your friends from the other side of the world if you want Laughing .
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 23 Apr 2005 02:10:14 pm    Post subject:

'tis a very interesting and maybe even plausible idea. Anyone tried it? Would be fun to try Laughing
Raster

Posted: 23 Apr 2005 02:11:54 pm    Post subject:

well I have two cell phones, and a TI-82 and a TI-83+, maybe I can send some lists see if that will work.

<EDIT>

I have no clue where my 82 has gone, it'll be a while... :|

<EDIT*2>

I have another idea, computer TI link to calc Very Happy .

Last edited by Guest on 23 Apr 2005 02:21:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 23 Apr 2005 02:27:20 pm    Post subject:

Ooh, that has some interesting possiblities... Silent linking Laughing. *devious smile*
Raster

Posted: 23 Apr 2005 02:31:56 pm    Post subject:

Well what I have come up with is, it may work on some cellphones, but not mine, it just frozz my calc Mad ... o well back to the drawling board Very Happy .
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Apr 2005 02:55:20 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
CHOICE #3: (Bad Sound)
This one's pretty bad because you both lose the stereo and it's a little hiss-full but the good part about it it's that you don't have to buy anything extra. If you have a cell phone or cordless phone, you'll notice that most of them have a 2.5mm headset microphone input. All you have to do is take your TI link cable and plug one side into your calc and the other into the cell phone/cordless phone. Just call yourself or put it into speakerphone mode and you'll be hearing your beautiful melodies!!

I've tried calling people up but it didn't work... same thing: the calc freezes.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 23 Apr 2005 02:56:09 pm    Post subject:

Darn... Was a nice idea, though... Oh well... You can convert phone cables into link cables, though Laughing. (no-brainer for the knowledgeable, but not for us lesser peoples Laughing)
jvdthwip

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 23 Apr 2005 04:19:55 pm    Post subject:

Well, the calc freezes if you don't turn off the linbk port first...
The Omnicalc function "play(" with "X" as the argument turns off the link port, but if the calc freezes, just pull out the cord and wait a few seconds.
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Apr 2005 11:22:12 pm    Post subject:

First of all, you'd be shutting off the link port: what the point of calling someone then?
Second, the calc freezes even when you're on a shell. I reckon it's the phone static.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Apr 2005 01:29:55 am    Post subject:

My phone has a 2.5mm link port too, so does my mothers phone. If only i had an extra calc, then i could try it.

I was unable to play sound through my phone though. The phone only get sound input if the headset has three rings, one for the mic.
jvdthwip

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 24 Apr 2005 06:00:54 pm    Post subject:

I just played the Doctor Mario theme from my calculator in Ohio to my sister in Arizona...
It would be interesting if someday calc-calc communication could be done over the phone...
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Apr 2005 06:23:57 pm    Post subject:

Oh it's possible! Fission labs used to have a phone link for landlines that they sold through their website. Unfortunantly, the group disbanded many moons ago. Sending over the phone might require some encoding but it's definately possible to do.
Raster

Posted: 24 Apr 2005 09:44:20 pm    Post subject:

DigiTan wrote:
Oh it's possible!  Fission labs used to have a phone link for landlines that they sold through their website.  Unfortunantly, the group disbanded many moons ago.  Sending over the phone might require some encoding but it's definately possible to do.

Ok maybe it is possible, I was able to send TI Calcmod music to my moms cell. The mario theam song would be pritty good waiting music Razz . Its like you call up someone and you just say please hold, and start plaing music Laughing . Ok well back to subject, like brazucs16 said the link port has to be turned off, so you could probably play something like bomberkids on your cell or something.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 01 May 2005 04:43:55 pm    Post subject:

Maybe some sort of 1337 calc <-> cell game! that'd be wicked... :tongue:
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 May 2005 03:21:48 am    Post subject:

actually, i'm trying to code a program for my cellphone for calc-phone communication. Can't find an SDK anywhere though...
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 May 2005 04:22:22 pm    Post subject:

Let me know if this linking stuff works out. This is very interesting.
Raster

Posted: 03 May 2005 03:16:49 pm    Post subject:

what would be interesting is if you could interface a cell phone to a computer, have the computer pick up tones as requests you type through the cellphone the calc is hooked up to, and you can send and recieve file instantly :biggrin: .
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 May 2005 04:17:41 pm    Post subject:

It could be a problem if high baud rates are needed. All phones have a upper and lower band limit to the number of frequencies they can carry. Normally, frequencies that don't fit the window are filtered out well before the signal is even digitized. It's worth a try though.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 04 May 2005 03:46:19 am    Post subject:

I finally found an SDK for my phone, now i have to find out how to send stuff using the link port. I asked how to do that on a programming group for my cellphone, but i got vague answers like 'you're crazy. Why don't you use USB or infrared?".

EDIT:
I'm still downloading it. The microsoft site is the slowest site ever.

Last edited by Guest on 04 May 2005 03:58:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement