This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
jvdthwip

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 28 Mar 2005 09:15:19 pm    Post subject:

I'm making a TI-83 plus Asm game called "Wario Ware: Pixelated!"...

So far I've basically contructed concepts...
I have the GUI concept and images complete, and images, concepts, and rules for 5 microgames complete...

I've also made this "Concept Animation" :

Last edited by Guest on 28 Mar 2005 09:15:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Madskillz

Posted: 28 Mar 2005 09:27:50 pm    Post subject:

Wow, that looks awesome! What a great idea! Very Happy I cant wait to play this. Keep it coming man! How many types of mini-games do you plan to have?
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 Mar 2005 09:29:54 pm    Post subject:

Whoa! That's one insane-looking game! I haven't played any of the Wario Ware games, but I've seen commercials and I'll really think the idea can fly. If you want help from UTI, you know where to reach us. Good to see you back too.
jvdthwip

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 28 Mar 2005 10:12:43 pm    Post subject:

Well, I'm not sure how many microgames (micro, not mini) I want... I guess as many that can fit into RAM...

I'm going to set the game up so that it randomly picks a number between 1 and the # of microgames, and then go to the corresponding game...
Then the game will play, timed, of course, and will return a 1 or a 0 (win or loss) when the game terminates...
Then the next microgame is run.

4 losses will be allowed until a "game over"... So the object will be to complete as many microgames as possible without getting a Game Over...

I guess I could also have the game "save" the max # of completed games as a highscore... Just to make the game more worthwhile...
I could also make a menu to let you play already completed microgames, for practice...

From you guys, I guess you could give me microgame ideas...
Just remember, the game is timed, and usually must fit within 5 seconds... Also, the game must have easy to learn controls... Meaning, try to stick with the arrow keys and 2nd.
(The origional Wario Ware game only used the Arrows and A, "Touched!" only uses the DS's touchscreen, and "Twisted!" will not use any buttons at all, due to motion control.)
Lastly, the name of the microgame must be short, sweet, and to the point, and end in a "!" !

Here are my microgames, so far:

1. Smash!

Crush the little insect!

2. Land!

Guide the lander to the platform.

3. Fire!

Shoot the glass when the gun is fully charged.

4. Wake!

Pop the old man's nose bubble to wake him...

5. Solve!

Which piece fits? FIVE SECONDS!

Last edited by Guest on 30 Mar 2005 11:51:36 am; edited 1 time in total
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Mar 2005 06:20:18 am    Post subject:

Wow, that looks awesome. I'm wondering though, how much space do all those awesome gfx take up in the game?
jvdthwip

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 29 Mar 2005 07:18:20 am    Post subject:

The graphics are going to take up the most space...
The sprites for the games will take less space than 10 pic files, that's for sure, while the title screen and in-between animations will take less than 768 bytes, as well.
The only actual full-screen picture is the boom-box screen, which displays lives and score...

Think about it, though... Without the graphics, the game just wouldn't be a WarioWAre game...
I could make the game name text a little smaller, or plain text even, if push comes to shove...
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Mar 2005 07:59:46 am    Post subject:

jvdthwip wrote:
The graphics are going to take up the most space...
The sprites for the games will take less space than 10 pic files, that's for sure, while the title screen and in-between animations will take less than 768 bytes, as well.
The only actual full-screen picture is the boom-box screen, which displays lives and score...

Think about it, though... Without the graphics, the game just wouldn't be a WarioWAre game...
I could make the game name text a little smaller, or plain text even, if push comes to shove...

You could make a lite version that's smaller, and a big but awesome version.

Last edited by Guest on 29 Mar 2005 08:00:01 am; edited 1 time in total
jvdthwip

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 29 Mar 2005 10:10:32 am    Post subject:

Perhaps...

Right now I'm having trouble with TASM...
Line 85 of my program is:

Code:
SUB a,21

Yet TASM is telling me:
[quote name='"TASM"']C:\WINDOWS\Profiles\Joe\Desktop\WarioW~2\WarioWPX.z80 line 0085: Label not found: (a)
C:\WINDOWS\Profiles\Joe\Desktop\WarioW~2\WarioWPX.z80 line 0085: Unknown token: (,)
C:\WINDOWS\Profiles\Joe\Desktop\WarioW~2\WarioWPX.z80 line 0085: Unknown token.[/quote]
I don't see what's wrong, any help?
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Mar 2005 10:24:04 am    Post subject:

i usually get this when my instructions are aligned wrong..
Your syntax is correct, I checked the instruction set for that.

Another problem could be that you have to capitalize A.

Last edited by Guest on 29 Mar 2005 10:24:19 am; edited 1 time in total
jvdthwip

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 29 Mar 2005 11:00:17 am    Post subject:

I alligned everything correctly and capitalized, but it didn't work, so I just used a different method entirely... Thanks anyway.

Is there any good, fast way to fill the entire graph buffer with 1's?
(i.e. make the buffer "black"?)

[Edit] Nevermind, I got it.

Last edited by Guest on 30 Mar 2005 11:55:05 am; edited 1 time in total
sgm

Calc Guru

Posted: 29 Mar 2005 01:46:10 pm    Post subject:

Code:
sub 21

:-)
Madskillz

Posted: 29 Mar 2005 04:27:26 pm    Post subject:

yep correct, or you can load 21->a then sub a...

Well it looks awesome..got it, microgames not mini...I caught you on one though!
Quote:
the name of the minigame must be short, sweet, and to the point, and end in a "!" !
Laughing

Sorry I couldnt resist, its so easy to let slip. Keep us update, I am looking forward to this game, if I can come up with an idea, I'll share it with you.
jvdthwip

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 29 Mar 2005 04:42:56 pm    Post subject:

Well, besides a minor sprite display bug, and putting a delay in-between animations, I've finished the main shell...

All I need to do is produce microgame one by one, and stick them in...

I seem to be having trouble using the HALT command, it causes the game to freeze... I'm thinking that it might be because HALT "suspends CPU operation until an interrupt or reset occurs" (Learn Asm/28 days), and MirageOS uses interrupts for extra features...
Is this correct, and if so, how do I disable interrupts? Will the "DI" instruction do?
sgm

Calc Guru

Posted: 29 Mar 2005 06:40:13 pm    Post subject:

Madskillz wrote:

Which would leave [font="Courier"]A
holding zero. ;-)

jvdthwip wrote:
I seem to be having trouble using the HALT command, it causes the game to freeze... I'm thinking that it might be because HALT "suspends CPU operation until an interrupt or reset occurs" (Learn Asm/28 days), and MirageOS uses interrupts for extra features...

As long as there are interrupts, [font="Courier"]HALT
should not lock up.

jvdthwip wrote:
Is this correct, and if so, how do I disable interrupts? Will the "DI" instruction do?

[font="Courier"]DI
will disable interrupts, but

Code:
di
halt

Will, of course, instantly freeze the calc.

Last edited by Guest on 29 Mar 2005 06:43:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Mar 2005 07:14:13 pm    Post subject:

Halt shouldn't give you any trouble unless you have mode 0 or 2 active for some reason; or if you're messing with shadow registers. What's the severity of the crashes? Does it freeze permenantly or does it show garbage?
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Mar 2005 07:23:18 pm    Post subject:

DigiTan wrote:
Halt shouldn't give you any trouble unless you have mode 0 or 2 active for some reason;

which he would be, in Mirage.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Mar 2005 07:29:28 pm    Post subject:

@jvdthwip: Are you 100% sure it's the Halt and not the surrounding code? If Mirage's interrupts were the trouble, it would probably crash with or without halting.
jvdthwip

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 29 Mar 2005 07:59:33 pm    Post subject:

It is definitely due to the halts, without them, it simply causes the program to run lightning quick, but flawless in every other way...

I don't know why halt isn't working. When halt is used, the calc simply freezes, and I must pull out a battery, I can't seem to get it to work... :|

I've tested one of my other programs, HALT works fine in it, and it and WarioWare have the same flags set, and use the same routines... I can't conceive of what the problem might be...

EDIT:
GOT IT!
Through ripping apart my program line by line, I found the the sprite routine I've been using has a "di" in its first line...
A quick edit... And now it works!

EDIT2:
A few more edits, and I'm now completely finished with the main shell...
On to the microgames!

Last edited by Guest on 29 Mar 2005 08:35:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Madskillz

Posted: 30 Mar 2005 10:24:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
QUOTE (Madskillz @ Mar 29 2005, 13:27 )

Which would leave A holding zero. Wink

HA...wasnt thinking... Very Happy It would work though, that is the main thing, even though it takes more steps! Laughing

Sweet man, keep us posted!
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 31 Mar 2005 01:16:02 pm    Post subject:

This looks awesome... Some more fun microgames to play in math class Very Happy
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 6 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement