This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Computer Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Mar 2005 06:35:06 pm    Post subject:

I'm used to being able to record whatever sounds are made by my PC by using the little Sound Recorder program that appears in the 'accessories' tab. And it was just a matter of setting the "Stereo" or "Mono" lines as the input. At least it worked this way at home. Now, I'm on these school PCs and I can't find either one listed. All the other channels seem useless.

I guessing they did this because of copyright issues, but my question goes: is there a sound utility that will let me record these stereo/mono channels. I'd prefer a .wav program.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 01 Mar 2005 10:13:33 pm    Post subject:

on XP, it is Accessories > Entertainment > Sound Recorder.

The program sucks and may not even be installed. If it isn't installed, you may need to go to the Add/Remove components and select to install it or have someone with an administrator Group Policy Package do so for you. They will probably need the CD, but if your school is smart they have the whole CD on the network for situations like these or copied the i386 folder somewhere for later use.

Another option is Audacity. It is a much better program.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Mar 2005 09:18:22 am    Post subject:

There's also goldwave, it can record to wav, and to mp3 if you install a codec. It costs some money though if you want to use the pro functions, but i think you can record just fine without them.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Mar 2005 08:09:20 pm    Post subject:

Okay. I'll check out the goldwave evaluation and see how it goes. Mutiquence looks good too.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 03 Mar 2005 12:57:35 am    Post subject:

Try Audacity. I think you will be very happy with it and it is free Smile
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 Mar 2005 08:43:11 am    Post subject:

I have never used audacity, but i'm very happy with Goldwave (full version yay!)
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 Mar 2005 07:51:01 pm    Post subject:

omg.....

I love this Audacity thing! I'd try Goldwave but didn't find it online. I've been using all sound recorder for a while, but even that sux compared to this!!

THANK YOU Jbirk!!! This is exactly what I need for my overdubbing stuff!!! Laughing

Last edited by Guest on 03 Mar 2005 07:51:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 04 Mar 2005 06:15:25 pm    Post subject:

I just want to be sure: I can record stuff like streaming audio with Goldwave and Audacity right?
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 04 Mar 2005 10:33:19 pm    Post subject:

::checks::

With Audacity, you can... I don't know about Gladwave, but if someone put a gun to my head and forced me to say something, I'd say you can also do it... I think you can even do it on Sound Recorder.

Last edited by Guest on 04 Mar 2005 10:36:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 05 Mar 2005 05:11:19 am    Post subject:

With Goldwave, you can record the computer sound, so you can do streaming audio and flash movies or anything too. The downside is that it records all the other beeps of windows too: if you're using msn messenger for example, it will record the beeps if someone logs on too.
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 05 Mar 2005 12:37:34 pm    Post subject:

How about Soundforge, is it anygood still?

--AlienCC
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement