This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
JacobdeHaan

Posted: 19 Jul 2003 03:41:41 am    Post subject:

<offtopic>I personally think the name is fine, but I think Jbirk might prefer a little more Microsoft bashing in it Very Happy </offtopic>
Enter the Matrix would definently be an interesting game to make, and probably pretty hard, but I like the idea of using an existing routine.
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 23 Jul 2003 12:21:54 pm    Post subject:

I'm going to learn asm. then I will help you in any way possible. i can print 10 pages per day here so in a couple weeks I should have all the tutorials printed.

EDIT: Forgot something- anyone know a good place to find asm tutorials?

Last edited by Guest on 23 Jul 2003 12:22:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 23 Jul 2003 02:28:29 pm    Post subject:

83pa28d at TICalc.org... best one around...
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 28 Jul 2003 01:23:26 pm    Post subject:

eh? WhereTF is that?
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 28 Jul 2003 09:21:38 pm    Post subject:

there is a pinned asm topic... GO THERE!!!!!! IT IS CALLED SOMETHING LIKE ASM TUTS FOR NEWBIES!!!! ARRG!!!

srry... just had to get that out... i made the topic in the hopes it would help, but if no one can find it (it is pinned!) then what good is it?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Jul 2003 02:28:56 am    Post subject:

Adm.Wiggin wrote:
there is a pinned asm topic...  GO THERE!!!!!! IT IS CALLED SOMETHING LIKE ASM TUTS FOR NEWBIES!!!! ARRG!!!

srry...  just had to get that out...  i made the topic in the hopes it would help, but if no one can find it (it is pinned!)  then what good is it?

If they can't even find a pinned topic in a forum (displayed on the main forum page) called the same as the programming language they want to learn they shouldn't be learning it in the first place?

Think natural selection, if an animal is too stupid, lazy or simply inable to find food, it dies. Survival of the fittest?

Laughing
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 12 Aug 2003 12:20:23 pm    Post subject:

Is this topic still going? Or is the great WALLSxp Developer giving up?

Last edited by Guest on 12 Aug 2003 12:20:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 12 Aug 2003 02:27:51 pm    Post subject:

well, i just got back from vacation... i just put this out as an idea... i can supervise it... i could help with small coding problems...
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 12 Aug 2003 11:22:44 pm    Post subject:

With a tap of the enter key, the screen clears and fades to black. White lettering in the form of "Enter The Matrix" fades in on center screen, and a white-blinking "Press any key to continue" in small font shows up on bottom screen. You press enter. The screen fades to white once more, and a Contra-like world appears, with you as the black-clad side scrolling fighter. With limited bullet-time (allowing you to dodge bullets if you hit 'ALPHA' in time), you work your way through, enemy after lead-hurling enemy, to the end. There, you receive praise before restarting the level to try your hand at a new high-score.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 13 Aug 2003 09:32:40 am    Post subject:

wow! that sounds pretty cool! nice work on that! keep it up! now if someone codes that... we'll be smooth sailing :)

Side scroller eh... i was thinking more like fbf kind of engine, but side scroller would probably be better!
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Aug 2003 09:37:41 am    Post subject:

Contra? fbf?

Wacko
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 13 Aug 2003 01:11:10 pm    Post subject:

I've heard of contra (know nothing about it), but WTF is fbf?
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 13 Aug 2003 01:12:39 pm    Post subject:

I can't do fading (yet) but I could do that opening sequence (the blinking part). I think i'm going to go learn greyscale.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 13 Aug 2003 07:02:47 pm    Post subject:

ok, FBF is Fate by Fire (a game in development by UTI members...), if u dont know that, then i m still deciding if u deserve to be a UTI member... Contra, on the other hand, not quite sure, but probably a game that's a side scroller...

AdmWiggin wrote:
stupidity never prospers
well, ok, so ive never said that, but hey, it sounds good Wink
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 13 Aug 2003 07:18:57 pm    Post subject:

I'm simply a UTI member because I was in CalcBasic when they signed up for UTI. I'm a UTI member by default, not by knowing everything. I only get 45 minutes per day (a little more if I'm lucky) to use a computer, so I only look at the important posts. Sorry.

Last edited by Guest on 13 Aug 2003 07:19:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 Aug 2003 07:30:36 pm    Post subject:

Contra

And, Contra in Grayscale:

Something like that with lower res, monochrome graphics, and different storyline (and bullet dodging of course) would be great.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 13 Aug 2003 09:58:43 pm    Post subject:

cool... utterly cool... well, looks good... a fade would be easy... just a couple easy steps :
1. Clear the Screen
2. Set the contrast to the lightest
3. do a fade from the lightest contrast to the darkest
4. Turn the screen black (the pixels, not the already black contrast)
5. Set the contrast back to what it was...
6. Whala! a perfect fade... from white to black, and the contrast is saved! just dont store the new contrast to the (contrast) location... (so it can be retreived on step 5)

sound easy? well, it is!
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 14 Aug 2003 01:14:15 pm    Post subject:

Hitoshi used fading in FFTOM2. What it did was ask you to set the prefered contrast level, and then it would fade from 0 to the number you picked, and vice versa.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 14 Aug 2003 07:36:59 pm    Post subject:

well, if u take out the line where it stores the new contrast to (contrast), then that wouldnt be required... no input whatsoever...
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 14 Aug 2003 11:35:51 pm    Post subject:

How come there are no side-scrolling Contra-like games with guns out there for the calc? (Or am I just not looking hard enough...)

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Ninjas sometimes train strenously by playing countless mind-numbing hours of Contra.
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement