This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Website subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Provide United-TI with Feedback. => Website
BarrenSoul

Posted: 08 Feb 2005 07:19:52 pm    Post subject:

I seem to have to log in 3 times before it actually stays logged in, this happens at 2 different computers and the likely hood of the same settings is remote (not even the same ISP)
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Feb 2005 08:08:58 pm    Post subject:

What I do is, never log out, I am faced with no log in problems whatsoever, and now that I have my own laptop, no privacy issues either.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 08 Feb 2005 08:50:10 pm    Post subject:

Do you have cookies enabled? Perhaps there would be a problem if you had one of the cookies from here blocked....
BarrenSoul

Posted: 09 Feb 2005 12:08:38 am    Post subject:

if I had cookies disabled why would it work on the third try?
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Feb 2005 10:42:22 pm    Post subject:

What browser are you using? I'm on IE 6.0 with cookies on, and I've never noticed this.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 10 Feb 2005 12:56:56 am    Post subject:

BarrenSoul,

Works for me on all the computers I used, and works for the other 300 or so members.

I have been using this forum software for years without any problems.

You may wish to check your browser settings.

The problem is obviously on your side. You may wish to check up on your cookie settings. Some cookies are obviously blocked.

If you have any jacked up Anti-Spyware/Anti-Virus stuff, check into that too.

Actually, We saw you comming and edited the PHP code for the forum so it does not set cookies for you occasionally. Just kidding.

What you can actually do if you are using Internet Exterminator is go to Tools, Internet Options, Priavacy Tab, and Click Edit.

type "forums.unitedti.org" without the quotes and click Allow.

You will then be all set regardless of your cookie handling preferences.

Last edited by Guest on 10 Feb 2005 01:03:52 am; edited 1 time in total
BarrenSoul

Posted: 10 Feb 2005 02:32:43 pm    Post subject:

well now I only need to try twice (the only thing in common to both computers is firefox nothing else is similar, different hardware, different OS, different internet connection type)
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 10 Feb 2005 07:15:37 pm    Post subject:

I am using Firefox right now and it works great, and it has worked well for as long as I have been using it.

I have 3 computers at home, 2 computers at work, and several at my College. All work fine with this forum. I have not heard a complaint about login for a while and we have 300+ people.

You may wish to see what is wrong.

Send a HiJackThis Log or something. At least then I can tell you if something is truely wrong.

Another Option is for you to Uninstall Firefox, delete the entire directory to remove any stupid settings, then Install Firefox again.

Allow Sites to Set cookies Checked
From Origionating Site Only Checked

You can also do exceptions and allow if you think it will help. Personally, I think you have something else wrong and on your end.

As for having problems on all your computers, I am not surprized. It is very likely you configured them all nearly the same way.

Last edited by Guest on 10 Feb 2005 07:21:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrenSoul

Posted: 10 Feb 2005 07:22:18 pm    Post subject:

I've decided logging in twice isn't bad, oh and my hijack log is fine Smile I monitor it weekly (I look at the normal task list almost every 5 hours to look for suspicious things)

no configuration was done on the school computers fire fox (I have a special admin acount since I'm part of the tech support, which means that none could modify it)

Last edited by Guest on 10 Feb 2005 07:23:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 10 Feb 2005 10:08:45 pm    Post subject:

If you are part of some Tech Support, you should be able to solve simple login problems.
BarrenSoul

Posted: 11 Feb 2005 01:36:42 pm    Post subject:

I'm a high school student :p I don't do networking yet.

it's working now on bo th ends (which means it wasn't client side)

Last edited by Guest on 11 Feb 2005 04:39:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 11 Feb 2005 07:34:55 pm    Post subject:

It was clientside because it was not our end our our server.

If it was not clientside, you may be between a packetshaper, trafficshaper, proxy, wierd gateway, or firewall.

There really are quite a few possibilities.

Fact is that the fault lies with you, the networks you are on, or your ISP.

Nothing has changed on our side for 39 days.

[unitedti@nosolution unitedti]$ uptime
17:33:47 up 39 days, 6:50, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.16
[unitedti@nosolution unitedti]$
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 11 Feb 2005 08:57:57 pm    Post subject:

Or for those who just want to see how long since the server booted up, and a few other misc things:
http://unitedti.org/sysinfo/

--AlienCC
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement