This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
IntrnalDsK

Posted: 21 Jul 2003 10:13:37 am    Post subject:

It was WAY less than 120V AC Wacko
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 21 Jul 2003 08:39:55 pm    Post subject:

what was the voltage then?
IntrnalDsK

Posted: 22 Jul 2003 04:01:09 am    Post subject:

I'm not sure. I don't know if I still have the transformer.
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 Aug 2003 05:47:06 pm    Post subject:

Jbirk wrote:
okay, but fyi, it could use inductive charging.

Essentialy, you put AC throuh a coil of wire and you have another coil of wire in the mouse.  When the mouse goes over the coil, it will act like a transformer sending energy to the mouse wirelessly.

Here's an unplausible idea - have a whole office using these mouse power generators, and link it up to the power grid and charge a decent price for the electricity.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 19 Aug 2003 10:35:22 am    Post subject:

ok, i was on education.ti.com (dont ask y) and i dug this up (about crashed calcs) :
Quote:
Troubleshooting a TI Graphing Handheld that will not Turn On.

Solution:

What troubleshooting can I try if the TI graphing handheld will not turn on?

For the TI-80, TI-81, TI-82, TI-83, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus Silver Edition, TI-85, and TI-86:

1. Adjust the contrast by pressing and releasing the [2nd] key followed by pressing and releasing the up arrow; repeat as necessary. To adjust the contrast down, use the down arrow.
2. Remove the AAA batteries for three hours, then reinsert them and try again. Adjust the contrast if necessary.
3. Try a new set of batteries (including the backup battery).
4. Remove one of the AAA batteries, press and hold the [on] key for 10 seconds, release, replace the battery, then turn the unit on. Adjust the contrast.

Note: Step 3 and 4 will cause the handheld to reset and lose its memory.

For the TI-89, TI-92, TI-92 Plus, and Voyage™ 200 PLT:

1. Adjust the contrast up by pressing and releasing the [¨] key followed by pressing and releasing the [+] key; repeat as necessary. (use the [-] key to adjust the contrast down.)
2. Try a new set of batteries (including the backup battery).
3. Remove one of the AAA or AA batteries, press and hold the [on] key for 10 seconds, release, replace the battery, then turn the handheld on. The contrast may need to be adjusted.
4. Hold the [2nd] key and the [hand] key, then press and release the [on] key. On the TI-89, press and hold the [2nd] key, left arrow, and right arrow; then press and release the [on] key.

Note: Step 3 and 4 will cause the handheld to reset and lose its memory.

If these suggestions do not alleviate the problem, call 1-800-TI-CARES (800-842-2737) or email ti-cares@ti.com for more information.
try any of that and maybe it will work for something, i dunno Smile
Tyler

Advanced Member

Posted: 22 Aug 2003 11:31:15 am    Post subject:

It was in the wall with 120v/230v AC when the calculator just needed 6v DC! It's completly blown, and its probably a transistors.
Anyways don't bother calling 1-800-TI-CARES,
I you want better luck, try 1-800-TI-DOSENT-GIVE-A-HOOT
NextPerception

Posted: 12 Sep 2003 10:06:41 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
1-800-TI-CARES

that should be in the joke forum
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement