This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. 68k Calculator Basic => TI-BASIC
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 Dec 2004 04:29:22 pm    Post subject:

I finally finished, with help from everyone here, my first game for the TI-89. You can download it here. Can someone with a TI-89 test this and tell me what you like and don't like about it?

Yes, I know most people here don't have a TI-89.

Edit: it occurred to me telling something about the game might be helpful. You are an alien spaceship flying over a city dropping bombs. You get lower and lower as you go so if you don't blow up the buildings with your bombs, you crash into them. It gets harder with each level.

Last edited by Guest on 30 Dec 2004 04:32:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 Dec 2004 04:44:06 pm    Post subject:

Lookin' good, Sir Robin. But For some reason, my axes didn't go away. Is that normal?

Last edited by Guest on 30 Dec 2004 04:46:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 31 Dec 2004 11:37:15 am    Post subject:

no it's not, and that would certainly be a problem I need to fix.

Oh yeah... to prevent you from having to download 60 pics one by one, I instead have a program called 'install' and a pic called 'pics'. You send both to your calc, run the program once, that creates all the pics, a folder called invasion, and a program called invasion. After that, you can delete both install and pics.

Edit: the axes problem was fixed (though not in the link yet). It really annoys me how I have to program so the person who runs his calc on APPROX mode with a split-screen 3D graph, hexadecimal numbers, and both axes and labels on can still run it and make it work.

Last edited by Guest on 31 Dec 2004 12:23:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 31 Dec 2004 08:19:37 pm    Post subject:

Lol!
Also, is there a function on the 89 kind of like GDBs on the 83+? You could save the GBD in the beginning of the prog, do your thing, they recall and delete it at the end.

One more thing... do you have an 89 yourself? If not, you can dl the VTI rom [s]here[/s]. That could also help out with anyone who doesn't have an 89 but wants to test the game too.

Last edited by Guest on 16 Jul 2005 03:33:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 31 Dec 2004 08:25:59 pm    Post subject:

It would be horrible horrible torture to program for the 89 without having one. I do.

There are GDB's for the TI-89... I just turn off all the functions.

For the graph and mode settings I do stuff like
setMode({"Base","DEC","Split-Screen","FULL"}) -> old
at the beginning of the program, and
setMode(old)
at the end. However, for the graph settings, I have to call setGraph() once for axes, grid, and labels Sad.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement