This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Computer Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Oct 2004 03:46:34 pm    Post subject:

Whenever I play music (mp3's, wma, anything) or movie's (mov, avi, mpeg, etc) the voices are often very low volume, to the point where you either can't hear them at all sometimes or can't make out what they're saying.

It's not the files, because others systems play them fine, and when I burn them on a cd it is played normally by cd players.

It's also not some ill configured equaliser in windows media player or whatever program is playing the files, I've already tried playing with those and turning them off, etc.

It's also not the external speakers or headphones, they all work fine on other systems.

My system:
CPU: Intel Celeron Mobile 1.4Ghz 512kB cache
RAM: 256 MB DDR (4 MB used for SMA)
GFX: Intel 82855 GME, Intel Extreme Graphics 2 (using 32 MB VRAM + 4 MB SMA)
SFX: Realtek AC97 Audio

DirectX and all other drivers are up to date.

Last edited by Guest on 23 Oct 2004 03:48:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 23 Oct 2004 04:59:13 pm    Post subject:

have you tried in multiple media players? like Media Player, WinAmp, Real Player, etc.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Oct 2004 05:50:07 pm    Post subject:

My old roommate used to have the same problem where the voices were getting masked out and sometimes the beat was distored. Turns out it was a Media Player 3-D sound plugin. I don't remember the name or version, but it worked well with most of the other mp3s. 'Not sure if that would affect video though. What type of speaker did you have?
optimize

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 23 Oct 2004 10:20:43 pm    Post subject:

Drivers?
Sound card prefrences?
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Oct 2004 11:17:43 pm    Post subject:

I had that exact same problem, but only on Windows Media Player. All I did was reset the equalizer and everything went back to normal.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Oct 2004 04:06:05 am    Post subject:

I think Windows Media Player is the problem. Try another media player, MusicMatch is really good.
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 24 Oct 2004 04:09:27 am    Post subject:

Real Player is quite good as well. So is QuickTime.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Oct 2004 04:23:03 am    Post subject:

Adm.Wiggin wrote:
have you tried in multiple media players?  like Media Player, WinAmp, Real Player, etc.

Yes, the problem exists with all media players I have:

Windows Media Player 9.00.00.3128
Realtek Sound Manager
InterVideo WinDVD 4
DivX Player 2.5.5
Quicktime

Quote:
My old roommate used to have the same problem where the voices were getting masked out and sometimes the beat was distored. Turns out it was a Media Player 3-D sound plugin. I don't remember the name or version, but it worked well with most of the other mp3s. 'Not sure if that would affect video though.
I don't think that would affect video played by other programs and audio played by other programs.

Quote:
What type of speaker did you have?
Just 2 ordinary desktop speaker thingies, but the problem also exists when I plug in headphones, other speakers, or use the laptop's internal speakers.

Quote:
I had that exact same problem, but only on Windows Media Player. All I did was reset the equalizer and everything went back to normal.
Like I said, I've already played with the equalisers. Changed their settings, turned them off, etc.
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 24 Oct 2004 04:43:21 am    Post subject:

I don't see Real Player on your list, so perhaps you'd like to give that a try? WinAmp was suggested too.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Oct 2004 05:41:58 am    Post subject:

JACstudios_ceo wrote:
I don't see Real Player on your list, so perhaps you'd like to give that a try?

WSmiling Catw, hold on there, I'm not gonna force my laptop to commit harakiri over a little audio glitch.

Quote:
WinAmp was suggested too.
Installing, but I think it's safe to say it definately isn't the player.

EDIT: WinAmp doesn't play it right either.

Last edited by Guest on 24 Oct 2004 06:14:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement