FAQ
This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. CSX => Your Projects
FAQ
sgm

Calc Guru

Posted: 16 Oct 2004 06:09:30 pm    Post subject:

Q. Why can't I install CSX on my TI-84 Plus (Silver Edition)
A. The method described to install CSX takes advantage of a security hole in the TI-83 Plus' OS validation code. This quirk only exists on the TI-83 Plus. The TI-84 Plus series has different validation requirements which render the trick useless.

Q. How do I uninstall CSX and get TIOS back?

A. You will first need to download an OS file. Then, remove one battery from the calculator. Reinsert the battery while holding down the DEL key. The calculator screen should say that it is waiting for software. Launch the program you use to link the calc to the computer, and use it to send the OS you downloaded earlier. Wait (a long while) for the transfer to complete.

Q. I am trying to install CSX but it stops partway through.

A.

• Make sure that the link cable is pushed in as far as it will go.
  • Replace the batteries with fresh ones
  • The link port might be damaged. You might be able to get a replacement calculator from TI.
Q. What does "CSX" stand for?

A. C(alculator) + (M)SX. Now you just have to figure out what "MSX" stands for.

Q. How come you haven't done jack shit lately?

A. One of:

• It's hard work and I'm taking a break.
  • I am working on it, but it's not yet ready for public release.
  • I've lost interest.
  • I'm witholding it out of spite.

Last edited by Guest on 12 Feb 2006 05:08:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
FAQ
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement