This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Computer Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 14 Oct 2004 08:53:25 am    Post subject:

Two days ago I was unable to shut down my computer so I had to press for 5 seconds on the Power button. Yesterday when I turned it ON, at about half of the Windows 2000 start-up, the screen became black then a blue screen appeared saying this (translated from french so it's not accurate):
Quote:
***STOP: 0x0000007B (0x81499250, 0xC0000032, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
INNACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

If it's the first time you got that screen, re-start your computer. If not, follow these instructions:

Search if there is any virus. Delete all harddrive or harddrive controller newly installed. Check if your harddrive is correctly installed and customed. Execute CHKDSK /F to find any damage on your harddrive and re-start your computer.

SO, I restarted the computer and the blue screen of death was still appearing. Itried re-starting windows in safe mode (don't know the exact word for "Mode sans échec" in english), I tried in debug mode, in VGA mode and all the other mode listed when I press F8 and the screen was still here Sad . After I tried typing stuff on the blue screen (CHKDSK /F) but nothing was happening. I would like to know how and where to access command prompt before windows start and I would like to know how to fix this. If I have to format it, I will lose all non-RPG programs I made before Reign of Legends 1 and since it was a computer that someone give to me I don't have the Windows, MS office CD and I don't have the money to buy them. If I format (I don't even know to format), I will not have a computer for A LONG time so no calc-link capability (doesn't work at school), I will not be able to start programming ASM and Omnimaga RPG headquarter will close.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Oct 2004 10:57:56 am    Post subject:

www.bootdisk.com
DJ Omnimaga

Calc Guru

Posted: 14 Oct 2004 11:36:23 am    Post subject:

Once I get the stuff on a floppy disk what I do next?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Oct 2004 01:05:12 pm    Post subject:

Stick it in the floppy drive and reboot.

Last edited by Guest on 14 Oct 2004 01:05:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
DJ Omnimaga

Calc Guru

Posted: 14 Oct 2004 01:26:52 pm    Post subject:

Ok. I'll change the boot sequence in the BIOS menu so the floppy will be booted first.
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Oct 2004 03:18:20 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
(don't know the exact word for "Mode sans échec" in english)

Safe Mode
DJ Omnimaga

Calc Guru

Posted: 15 Oct 2004 11:20:04 am    Post subject:

I tried booting from a floppy disk with the utility at bootdisk.com , but it seems that there is a missing file. I get this error when trying to open command console:
Quote:
Windows 2000 could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
<windows 2000 root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
Please re-install a copy of the above file.
I think the file name means NT OS Kernel. Where can I find it and do I have to make a system32 folder on my floppy disk?

EDIT: tell me if there is other file I should download because I'm afraid of getting the same error for 50 missing files without knowing what is the next missing file.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Oct 2004 11:32:08 am    Post subject:

I find that rather odd, since the whole point of bootdisks is that you can boot from them and not your harddrive so it wouldn't matter if you had any missing/corrupt files on your harddrive. Heck, it should boot without a harddrive.

http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBF/TIP2700/rh2745.htm
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement