This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Raiser

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 21 Sep 2004 02:56:18 pm    Post subject:

I feel like a complete noob asking this, but is it possible for a Ti 83+ to run programs made for the normal Ti 83?

I wanted to run the game Stranded, which was designed for the normal Ti 83, but I can't get it to work. It's programmed in assembly, but not made for any shell. When I try to run it, I get the "error: archived" message. Knowing that programs need to be in the RAM in order to be executed, I moved it there, but then I simply get a syntax error when I try to run it. The game is also so large, that keeping it in the RAM will make other games not run due to a lack of free memory.

I read up a little bit on Ti 83 games running on the Ti 83+, and apparantly there's some kind of 8K memory limitation. Is that playing any role in this problem?

Any help would be appreciated, as I want to be able to play this game on my calculator, preferrably with a shell so that it can be stored in the archive.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Sep 2004 05:03:39 pm    Post subject:

Assembly programs for the 83 WILL NOT run for the 83+! There's no way around this, unless you rewrite it yourself. Try finding a version for the 83+, if there is one.
Raiser

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 21 Sep 2004 05:27:36 pm    Post subject:

There isn't. The game is open source, however. The only problem is that I don't know assembly, so I can't rewrite it myself.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement