This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
dabombjr2000

Posted: 31 Aug 2004 12:48:46 am    Post subject:

I'm gonna try to make a html viewer for the 83+, its gonna be sort of like how Nifty works, and I'm wondering what tags people would like to see in the program.
I am already planning on:

basics (html, head, title, body)
H1/H2 (bold, and sized by 1/2)
font size="1 || 2"
italics (slanted right)
bold (inverse)
underlined
strikethrough
br
p

This project might take a little while, because I'm just getting into asm, but when it's done, I'll have a firstpage type editor as a seperate program, and a url bar(click in with a mouse), and a href tags. The url bar and links will open the coresponding program, if the first line is:
<HTML>

Thanks for the help!
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 31 Aug 2004 05:18:33 am    Post subject:

If moving text is possible, make a marquee tag. But that might slow the program really much down.
sgm

Calc Guru

Posted: 31 Aug 2004 02:44:17 pm    Post subject:

leofox wrote:
If moving text is possible, make a marquee tag.

Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad. Nothing gives a website that intangible quality of sleaze quite like blink/marquee.
Jeremiah Walgren
General Operations Director

Know-It-All

Posted: 31 Aug 2004 07:37:50 pm    Post subject:

I'd think it's a matter of personal preference. Some people like really dark sites while others like bright ones.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Sep 2004 05:04:06 am    Post subject:

Marquee can sometimes be nice, but these "times" are extremely rare and in practise it is never actually used in such a way that it doesn't make a website look like a crappy load of html thrown together by a 6 year old in 5 minutes.
JeePee

Posted: 01 Sep 2004 07:00:27 am    Post subject:

Think about a newsticker (a vertical-scrolling marquee). Wink
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement