This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. CSX => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> CSX

» Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Aug 2004 01:40:53 am    Post subject:

I have a few suggestions for the OS you are making.

Maybe you can include NimbusOS as the program interface, and if it's OK with rebel.socom, his basic prog editor. THAT WOULD ROCK!

Reply: I happen to like the current interface, it's really DOSsy Smile. And I already plan on having a plain text editor.

Last edited by Guest on 26 Aug 2004 02:50:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
rebel.socom

Posted: 26 Aug 2004 09:11:33 pm    Post subject:

to help asm programmers who want to use there own inturrupt routine, put somewhere between addresses $0000 - $00FC jp $ADDRESS

doing the will let asm programers use im 1 for there interrupt routines using code something like this

di
im 1
ld a,$FC ;

in ur source put
.org $00FC
jp $ADDRESS ; some where in ram

i dont know how u plan on structuring the mem but i hope u understud what i ment.

BTW do u have an Instant mesanger sigma

Quote:
Maybe you can include NimbusOS as the program interface, and if it's OK with rebel.socom, his basic prog editor. THAT WOULD ROCK!

I would defineitly like to help. Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Last edited by Guest on 29 Aug 2004 05:38:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
jvdthwip

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 29 Aug 2004 08:45:53 pm    Post subject:

I have a suggestion for CSX.

How about you make a prog editor that almost perfectly mimics the TI-OS basic editor, but lets you disassemble, edit, and compile asm programs on-calc.

Since CSX will command-line based, you will have to do "edit sample.prg" instead of using the PRGM button, but that's OK. While in the editor, you could make the PRGM button bring up a list of Tokens (like JR, INC, ADD, etc.), just like the BASIC editor.

In addition, you could make the Catalog (when viewed in the editor), bring up a list of rom calls that can be searched alphabetically.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 Aug 2004 06:11:25 am    Post subject:

i have another suggestion: use another extension for asm programs than for basic programs, like .prg for basic and .asm for assembly.

You seem certain that it will support Basic...

Last edited by Guest on 30 Aug 2004 02:06:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
rebel.socom

Posted: 30 Aug 2004 08:10:58 am    Post subject:

or why not just make them two different objects and program can be 5 and asm can be 6. ... o wait i dont know a thing about how he sets up the vat. or if he has one... ;)

That way is stupid. Files are differentiated by their extension.

Last edited by Guest on 30 Aug 2004 02:07:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
jvdthwip

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 09 Sep 2004 08:02:39 pm    Post subject:

Here's another idea...

If CSX will ever support variables, BASIC programs, et cetera, you could make 3 powerdown options:

• Powerdown:
The normal 2nd+On Powerdown (Called with the key hook, a command, or a menu with the other 2 options)

• Shutdown:
The device can display "Shutting Down", delete all variables, garbage collect, archive the entire contents of RAM into a reserved spot in archive (optional, but practical- to prevent loss of memory during any battery replacement), and then powerdown. The next time the device turns on, you could display "Starting Up", and then COPY RAM back again, but leave a copy in archive as a "System Recovery Point" (similar to what Omnicalc does with RestoreMem()) which would get replaced at the next shutdown. (called with a command or menu with the other options)

• Restart:
The same as "Shutdown", but automatically repowers up (or doesn't powerdown at all). Practical if a user wants a quick calc-cleanup or wants to set a system recovery point and/or garbage collect before testing a possibly unstable prog. (called with a command or menu with the other options)

EDIT:
One more idea:
CSX could keep EVERYTHING in archive. Similar to what Mirage does when "allow writeback in progs" is unchecked. Of course, that would not allow saving (especially for variables and such, but if you aren't going to make use of basic progs...), but saving can be taken care of with the use off appvars. (Of course EVERY program that requires saving would need to be reconfigured for the use of appvars... Oh well, I guess this isn't a very good idea after all.

Last edited by Guest on 09 Sep 2004 08:08:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
rebel.socom

Posted: 09 Sep 2004 08:16:57 pm    Post subject:

I think thats an awosome idea. Maybe not all 83+ users would like that because of the some what low amount of archive, that is compired to the SE which i will never use all of Laughing .

Quote:
delete all variables, garbage collect

i would want my A-Z var and entries still there.

Quote:
That way is stupid. Files are differentiated by their extension.

Neutral i didnt mean like mario.6
ProgObj = 5

TI os consedires basic programs and asm programs as one. make it so that there different.

Last edited by Guest on 09 Sep 2004 08:17:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
basic101

Posted: 10 Sep 2004 12:27:21 pm    Post subject:

When will u make it compadable w/84 and can APPS still be the same/work?. Does it use RAM and ROM, if it only uses RAM do you use the hidden RAM also?
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Sep 2004 08:36:59 am    Post subject:

I think you should ditch the command line thing, but since that would kill the whole idea of CSX,
maybe you could make it so that programmers can make there own GUI's for it.

Last edited by Guest on 11 Sep 2004 08:38:04 am; edited 1 time in total
basic101

Posted: 14 Sep 2004 04:17:41 pm    Post subject:

it doent work on 84, i need a certificate?
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Sep 2004 04:36:50 pm    Post subject:

basic101 wrote:
When will u make it compadable w/84 and can APPS still be the same/work?. Does it use RAM and ROM, if it only uses RAM do you use the hidden RAM also?

I'm not sure TI would be very happy if this handled apps... I think that was what they had a problem with.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Sep 2004 07:50:06 am    Post subject:

basic101 wrote:
it doent work on 84, i need a certificate?

you have to pull the battery out when it says VALIDATING.
basic101

Posted: 15 Sep 2004 09:57:52 am    Post subject:

it wont get to that point, not even start!!!
Mike_k

Posted: 16 Sep 2004 04:04:48 pm    Post subject:

I think I know what your problem is. What you need to do is open up TiConnect. THen click on device explorer. Once the device explorer opens, click on "Tools" (I think it is) menu at the top menu bar. One of the options should be "TIOS Downloader" Click that one, then it takes you into a wizard type OS installer. This is how I got my CSX on.

On a note to something above about apps: The reason we would never be able to use apps, is because we CANNOT (illegal to) copy code that TI has made for their OS. The B_CALL is specific to the compiler and Ti, thus we wouldn't be able to legally add support for "B_CALL". If you wanted to make apps compatibal, make your own "bcall", C_CALL or something, and recompile all apps with C_CALL in them. Then you would of course need to actually MAKE all of the 'C_CALL's in pure z80 ASM Neutral
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Sep 2004 04:15:57 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
thus we wouldn't be able to legally add support for "B_CALL".

I don't see why. If you rewrite all of those procedures yourself, you can do that. No need to make it "c_call", by the way.
Quote:
The B_CALL is specific to the compiler and Ti

No it isn't. It's defined as rst 28h / .dw xxxx and will work if you write the code at 28h to do it.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 18 Sep 2004 08:33:29 pm    Post subject:

correct, you can use bcall all you want. so long as you write the bcall routine your self (which is a big pain, considering what has to be done)

so to emulate an app, build the ram structure just like the tios, then put the appropriate page into $4000-$7FFF and make sure you have a working bcall routine that has all the bcall used in that app and make sure any thing that could be used to identify whether a ti-os or a custom one is installed returns liek the tios. but no, ti would be extremely unhappy about this.
sgm

Calc Guru

Posted: 19 Sep 2004 01:46:09 pm    Post subject:

Darth Android wrote:
...so long as you write the bcall routine your self (which is a big pain, considering what has to be done)

If you take some liberties, it becomes practically trivial.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Sep 2004 02:27:59 pm    Post subject:

Say more.
sgm

Calc Guru

Posted: 19 Sep 2004 02:58:29 pm    Post subject:

Sir Robin wrote:
Say more.

The main thing is that the page used to store the pointers to the routines is on a fixed page ($01). The TIOS "bcall" uses a different page based on the value of some of the upper bits of the vector (step with VTI and you will see a list of "BIT / JP" instructions). I guess it does this to support multi-page applications (which pretty much never happens anyway).

You could theoretically remove the need to save the ROM page that is swapped in, or save it to a RAM variable. That would reduce it to nothing. But then you would have problems with code coming from ROM.

It really isn't so bad. You really just have to keep track of some screwy stack pokes.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Sep 2004 03:01:26 pm    Post subject:

so if you want to have full support for asm programs that use rom calls, you have to code them all by yourself :S???
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement