This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Modifications => Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics
[internet name]

Posted: 05 Aug 2004 05:58:45 pm    Post subject:

I was rummaging through my dad's wires (don't ask why). All of a sudden, I found a link that fit in my calc and converted to the yellow and white plugs that you would plug into a tv. Surprised The idea never occurred to me before, but it would be interesting to try and sync a calc with the tv. By outputting bytes to the link port, I could easily control the tv, but the problem is that I have no idea what to send.

I expirimented and found that all of those sound programs on the calc work on the tv, but I don't know how to control the visual part.

Also, if any of you are interested, I could explain how to make a link like this, and then we could possibly start a new standard calc mod. (backlighting, infrared, etc.)

What are your thoughts?
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 05 Aug 2004 09:30:01 pm    Post subject:

Audio's preety easy: Data and clock lines to the white and red plugs, but in order for them to work properly you have to have the video plug plugged in even though it's not used.

Now video's a little harder. Maybe you could study the TI Presenter and adapt that to a tv?
[internet name]

Posted: 05 Aug 2004 10:01:56 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the info. I am trying to figure out how to make sound. I know I can play a song, but it requires a media player. I just want to know how to actually program basic notes. Does anyone know how to do this?
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 06 Aug 2004 08:12:32 am    Post subject:

Check out the calcmod files.
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 Aug 2004 12:40:57 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
want to know how to actually program basic notes

TI-BASIC notes?? No way, the most you can get on basic is tiny bleeps of sounds.
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 06 Aug 2004 07:04:47 pm    Post subject:

No, I think he meant like basic as in simple notes, not in TI-BASIC.
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 08 Aug 2004 08:50:29 pm    Post subject:

I asked about something like this a loooooooooong time ago. I was thinking that it would be INSANELY hard to mess with the video on a tv, but that it might be a little easier to display the tv captions on your calc screen. That would be awesome. If you had some little attenna that could plug right into your calc, then you could flip through some channels that picked it up, and was able to recieve the captions. That would be like impossible as it is, but easier than messing with video, in my opinion.

(I also dont know much about this type of stuff, so if you want, dont mind me)

Imp

Last edited by Guest on 08 Aug 2004 08:51:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 08 Aug 2004 08:56:48 pm    Post subject:

And you would want to do that because...?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Aug 2004 06:36:29 am    Post subject:

Because he want's to so don't post anything like these meaningless questions that are only ment to increase your postcount or help.

Last edited by Guest on 09 Aug 2004 06:56:21 am; edited 1 time in total
optimize

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 09 Aug 2004 03:20:42 pm    Post subject:

Just wondering a few things...?

Is the code send through the station to the television compressed in a funny way?

What resolution to they run at these days, i've heard of this hdtv programming now where it's supposedly high-defention which i assumed was just higher res? I'm guessing standard pal runs at 640x480 or so...
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 09 Aug 2004 04:20:44 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Because he want's to so don't post anything like these meaningless questions that are only ment to increase your postcount or help.

I was being serious. I really wanted to know what purpose it would've served him if he did it; maybe he has an idea that I've failed to see.

Quote:
Is the code send through the station to the television compressed in a funny way?

In a way yes.

Quote:
questions that are only ment to increase your postcount or help.

Don't post questions that are only meant to help?!?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Aug 2004 05:15:15 pm    Post subject:

"that are only ment to increase your postcount" was descriptive in regards to "these meaningless questions" and "or" made a distinction between the aforementioned, and described, option of "don't post anything like these meaningless questions" and "help" giving you the choice between these two.

I was saying this because you have the tendency to ask something like "Why would you ever want to do that?" or make comments like "It'll never work" and "No.", often causing a topic to become rather "off topic" and centered around your useless inquieries while you could've just posted nothing, or something usefull, and not have the topic trail off into a discussion about wether or not something would be interesting, or feasable, from our point of view but actually be of some use to the person initiating a request for informatoin or help and provide others, including you yourself, the chance of providing said help.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 13 Aug 2004 04:29:40 pm    Post subject:

Sound is actually quite easy...

Look at the source to the game IceClimb (you are a jumping penguin)...

it uses sound, and is where I got my sound routine :P

Just don't forget to give proper credit! (unless you only use it to learn the secret to sound, I tried, but couldn't Laughing)
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 14 Aug 2004 02:30:40 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
"that are only ment to increase your postcount" was descriptive in regards to "these meaningless questions" and "or" made a distinction between the aforementioned, and described, option of "don't post anything like these meaningless questions" and "help" giving you the choice between these two.

I was saying this because you have the tendency to ask something like "Why would you ever want to do that?" or make comments like "It'll never work" and "No.", often causing a topic to become rather "off topic" and centered around your useless inquieries while you could've just posted nothing, or something usefull, and not have the topic trail off into a discussion about wether or not something would be interesting, or feasable, from our point of view but actually be of some use to the person initiating a request for informatoin or help and provide others, including you yourself, the chance of providing said help.

Neutral You have a very imaginative mind, and no, I havn't made any of those comments like that in like a month Surprised OMG OMG OMG HELL FROZE OVER!!!!! Don't get so worried about me screwin' up. Rolling Eyes .

Quote:
What resolution to they run at these days, i've heard of this hdtv programming now where it's supposedly high-defention which i assumed was just higher res? I'm guessing standard pal runs at 640x480 or so...

This should help with the video part of the project.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement