This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Computer Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 Aug 2004 09:38:46 am    Post subject:

Of course it doesn't work, but it's still stupid.
EEDOK

Posted: 03 Aug 2004 07:56:59 pm    Post subject:

sigma wrote:
...Wow, what a horrible piece of crap. I'll bet the same dolt who thought up the keyboard shortcuts for Vim designed Gimp's UI Smile.

EEDOK wrote:
If you want the installation to be as easy as psp is for windows, try using the gimp on the operating system it was intended for. It seems the windows version is neutered compared to the linux one, and it's not as stable..(certain script-fu's seem to make it stop working on windows).

Never was there a better reason to go through all the B.S. of installing a new operating system. Neutral

What's wrong with the GIMP's UI and vim's keyboard shortcuts. I don't use GIMP much, but vim is by far one of the best text editors in existance. Can't do editing anywhere near as quick using any other text editor I tried(unless they were also vi clones).
sgm

Calc Guru

Posted: 05 Aug 2004 02:11:35 pm    Post subject:

You don't have a "base of operations" where all your windows and tools are in one big environment, everything is its own application overlaid on the desktop, which feels very unnatural to me.

I'd like to know what the hell is up with the radio buttons and the checkboxes.

The help system... Jesus Christ, the help system. Even in the hail-mary chance that a help topic even exists for something, it doesn't tell you where it is so you spend six hours searching though that a pop-up menu loaded with useless features.

Oh, and I forgot about the Open dialog.

Last edited by Guest on 05 Aug 2004 02:28:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
optimize

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 24 Aug 2004 07:28:56 am    Post subject:

I couldn't change the color of a square when I tried? I don't see how this software is so incredible....
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement