This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic => TI-BASIC
United-TI Archives -> TI-Basic

» Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 Jul 2003 04:30:25 pm    Post subject:

That is extremely slow.

Why not just use the pic's 0-9? Besides having only 10 entries they work great.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 06 Jul 2003 06:08:39 pm    Post subject:

Jeffrey wrote:
I think it would be very useful for us BASIC programmers if there was an asm program that would copy the graphscreen buffer into a new asm program, similar to ssmaker, however it could store more than one graphscreen into that single program. A BASIC programmer could call up the asm program as a subroutine and, according to whatever they stored to varaible x, the asm prog would display a pic. Like:

Code:
1->A
asm(prgmPicture)
//That would display pic 1

2->A
asm(prgmPicture)
//That would display pic 2

and so on...

talk to adm. wiggin. ill bet he'll do it!
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Jul 2003 07:25:53 pm    Post subject:

ok Arcane, how do i do this faster?

also, when i run the program to decode, it puts a bunch of pixles and nothing intelligable, i know there is a point difference between pt-on and pxl-check, is there one between the latter and pxl change?

is there a want for a slow unoptimized small pic inverter?

ugh... Neutral
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 06 Jul 2003 10:24:40 pm    Post subject:

It would be realy easy to take a screen shot and save it in a program.

You would use the bcall to create a program with 768 bytes free.

You would then set two pointers de -> prog, hl ->plotSScreen, bc=768, ldir

That would do it; ofcourse, you would need another program to read it an copy it back to plotsscreen; unless, you make the program self extracting. Smile

Maybe I will do something like this if I ever get time.

Basically, to make it self extracting, copy the following before you copy the data.

.db $BB,$6D

ld hl,label
ld de,plotsscreen
ld bc,768
ldir
bcall(_grfbufcpy)
ret

You will need to first assemble the above to figure out what kind of db statement to use for the bcall

Lastly, you will need to account for the data size.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 Jul 2003 11:31:52 pm    Post subject:

You don't, there is no way in basic you can make it fast enough to use in-game. It is, however, quite usefull when you want to design maps for your games, you draw the map manually, load it with your program into a list and then rcl it in your game as the world data list thingy. Works great for mazes and the like.

I once made a '3d' (big note to those 's) engine for a game that had one walking on an island and I used the above method to store the map. You saw everything from 3rd-person and could turn 360degrees (in steps of 90) and it would check what kind of objects where in sight and if it was 3 units far it would draw it at the top of the screen and very small, if it where 2 units away lower and bigger and 1 unit away would be lowest and biggest. It was fun seeing it took 10 seconds to turn around and 10 seconds to walk 1 unit.
Oh, and it didn't look 3d, just some text( something like this:

<insert bad looking ansi art here>
Never mind, the forum get's rid of all the spaces.

Quote:
also, when i run the program to decode, it puts a bunch of pixles and nothing intelligable, i know there is a point difference between pt-on and pxl-check, is there one between the latter and pxl change?

Well, make sure you get it out of the list correctly (get the proper x and y values and don't use the y value for x) and that you don't use Pt-On to draw them (if you do, remember the difference).

If you still can't figure it out, have a look at this (if you want to find out for yourself, don't look at it):

//store picture:
2->Dim(L1
1->X
For(A,1,95
For(B,1,63
If Pxl-Test(B,A
Then
A->L1(X
B->L1(X+1
X+2->X
End
End
End

//draw picture:
For(X,1,Dim(L1),2
Pxl-On(L1(X+1),L1(X
End

Last edited by Guest on 06 Jul 2003 11:32:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Justin W.
Shattered Silence

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Jul 2003 11:47:57 pm    Post subject:

Ok maybe people have missed what I said. I'm making a program that copies the graphscreen to a program with RLE compression so it takes even less space. Imagine whole pics at about 1/3 of their size.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 07 Jul 2003 06:53:31 am    Post subject:

cool. i want a copy!
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 07 Jul 2003 12:51:33 pm    Post subject:

ya, that sounds very nice, just make it very clean! Very Happy
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 Jul 2003 06:20:12 pm    Post subject:

Thx guys, it should work now, the decoder was ok but i will try the other

Babyboy Laughing
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 Jul 2003 09:19:53 pm    Post subject:

Sad Sad Sad NOOOOOHOHOHOOOOO! Sad Sad Sad

a line on my lcd was ok, then it was kinda grey, then it completely went out! is there a way to get this back? is this a side effect of greyscale?

WAAAAAAHHHHHAHHHHAHAHAHHAAAAAA!
Spyderbyte

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 Jul 2003 10:05:45 pm    Post subject:

I don't think so, but one of the spare calculators in my math class had the top half of the screen blank. Neutral If you feel like risking it you could take the back off and either disconnect and reconnect the ribbon/cables connected the the lcd screen, or you could just wiggle them around and make sure they're connected.

Just a thought.

Spyderbyte
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Jul 2003 02:05:16 am    Post subject:

Well, what did you do before it did that? Where you running an asm program, did you just turn the calc on, what?
Justin W.
Shattered Silence

Advanced Member

Posted: 14 Jul 2003 10:28:57 am    Post subject:

It was not grayscale that caused your pixels to go out. Grayscale is simply turning pixels on and off really fast.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 14 Jul 2003 11:27:30 am    Post subject:

no, grayscale wouldnt do that... grayscale is just turning pixels on then off fast...

EDIT
lol, i just noticed the 3rd page(i do this alot Laughing ) so this is almost the same as Justin W.'s!

Last edited by Guest on 14 Jul 2003 11:28:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 14 Jul 2003 07:16:23 pm    Post subject:

<sniff> OK... If you say so.... i hope it works... by the way, i was using PEN when it went grey, i archived everything and reset the ram and when the screen came back on it was.... DEAD!

WAAHAHAHAHAAHHHHHHHHAHAHAAAA Sad
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement