This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic => TI-BASIC
United-TI Archives -> TI-Basic

» Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 28 Jun 2003 09:26:15 pm    Post subject:

I looked on the internet and almost wet myself, thee was no program to change PIC's to programs that display the same pic Surprised

If anyone would like me to build something like this, pleese gimme feedback.

By the way, Is there a "make a new program" call in programming, this would be vital to the program

For those thick people among us i shall explain it further

you have PIC, run pic through program, new program shows up in PRGM that has sprites and displayes exact same pic as in your pic file, only it takes 2 MIN to load Sad

BYE-BYE BABYBOY Laughing
Jeffrey

Posted: 28 Jun 2003 09:43:19 pm    Post subject:

There is no way to create a new program from within another in BASIC only in asm, but you can automatically store to a string and then paste the string into a new program. There are quite a few programs like this on ticalc.org. My program converts the pic into a string, then you use the 2nd, rcl command to paste the string into a program. The pic takes a while to generate thoug.

You can download it http://halfbaked.ufo-landing.net/FULLPIC.8xp or here..

Oh, sorry I didnt display the source. I opened the file up in TI-Graphlink and pasting it results in a bunch of symbols where the non Windows tokens are (Str1, ->, etc). Is there a way just to paste it as letters instead without it displaying the characters?

Last edited by Guest on 28 Jun 2003 10:02:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 28 Jun 2003 10:33:04 pm    Post subject:

UM...... I don't understand what your program does, either I am missing something VERY important, or you are.

YOU HAVE PIC, PROGRAM READS PIXLES IN PIC AS ON OR OFF, IF ON, IT CREATES A COMMAND, LIKE "PXL-ON(1,1," IT IS SUPPOSED TO SAVE ROOM AND TIME IN THE PROGRAMMING WORLD, SO NOW EVERYONE CAN HAVE GRAPHICALY STUNNING, 2MPH GAMES THAT DON'T USE PIC'S!!

You got it first from a BabyBoy Laughing
Jeffrey

Posted: 29 Jun 2003 11:05:06 am    Post subject:

Ok. When you run the program it has two inputs. You put in the size of the sprite in the inputs. For example, if you have an 8 by 8 sprite, put in an 8, then another 8. The drawing on the graphscreen must be in the upper left corner.

After this, my program reads the pixels that are on. If a pixel is on it adds pxl-on( and the coordinates to a string (string 1). Then, when it is finished, you paste the string into a new program.

What was so hard to understand? I know my progisnt very user friendly, but its for use with programmers, not with people who just draw pictures in math class.

Last edited by Guest on 29 Jun 2003 11:06:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 29 Jun 2003 12:12:45 pm    Post subject:

sorry about that Razz , UM.. how do i get it to show on the graphscreen from a list. LINE(L1(1) or something? :?

L@@K IM A BabyBoy Laughing
Jeffrey

Posted: 29 Jun 2003 01:12:20 pm    Post subject:

Hmm, I'll experiment with that...

Although I think the string idea would be the better way to go. If you used the lists to store the pixels it could get quite messy, and you would have to create a new program and type in all of the Pxl-On(lst(1),lst(2) by hand. Get what I am saying?

Also, a newer version of Fullpic will be made, it will be called pICON and be hosted at mynew TI programming site, falcon-ti.tk. (Any potential members e-mail jeffreyjamal01@hotmail.com for application)
Spyderbyte

Advanced Member

Posted: 29 Jun 2003 02:45:42 pm    Post subject:

Hmmm, something tells me you didn't check out the Asm graphics section of ticalc.org Very Happy

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/filei.../171/17119.html

Spyderbyte
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 29 Jun 2003 03:09:08 pm    Post subject:

DING DING DING DING!!!!! Evil or Very Mad 1 PH34r Y0|_|R L33T PR0Gr4/\/\/\/\1/\/G 5K1|_|_Z :evil:

although each pic has to have its own program, (which could result in a 20 program RPG) but it's still (00|_

Love from a BabyBoy Laughing

Last edited by Guest on 29 Jun 2003 03:11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
yugniht

Posted: 29 Jun 2003 09:16:09 pm    Post subject:

holy ######! I never knew they had that. I think I'll probably update all of my programs with this. It shouldn't be too much work
Spyderbyte

Advanced Member

Posted: 29 Jun 2003 09:30:56 pm    Post subject:

There's one that I think will do 7 level grayscale too, but I think you have to leave the pics in Pic1, 2 and 3.

Spyderbyte
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 29 Jun 2003 09:40:11 pm    Post subject:

yea, ive found that too.

Guess What? MORE QUESTIONS!
1. Does anyone here speak <J00> ?
2. Has anyone played wolfenstein for 83+? that is the greatest feat of calculator programming i have ever seen.
3. I am lookin for 1 on 1 instruction, anyone in northern minnesota?
4. what is the sickest videogame you have seen, i have seen PIC's in EGM of a Japaneese arcade game where you ram a foam finger in a plastic butt! Neutral

From an inquisitive BabyBoy Laughing
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 Jun 2003 09:20:24 am    Post subject:

Babyboy wrote:
yea, ive found that too.

Guess What? MORE QUESTIONS!
1. Does anyone here speak <J00> ?
2. Has anyone played wolfenstein for 83+? that is the greatest feat of calculator programming i have ever seen.
3. I am lookin for 1 on 1 instruction, anyone in northern minnesota?
4. what is the sickest videogame you have seen, i have seen PIC's in EGM of a Japaneese arcade game where you ram a foam finger in a plastic butt!  Neutral

From an inquisitive BabyBoy Laughing

If you want to discuss that further, pleace make a topic about it in "Open Topic" forum, so this thread can stay on topic and people can discuss some more about these programs.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 01 Jul 2003 02:20:12 pm    Post subject:

well, i looked at the source for that ssprite prog... it is a very messy prog... it could also write into ur other progs, and erase some of their data, if it wasnt careful (which it isnt very!)... not to be rude or anything, but it wasnt the best thing ive ever seen...
Jeffrey

Posted: 01 Jul 2003 04:57:36 pm    Post subject:

The asm prog?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Jul 2003 05:04:29 pm    Post subject:

Remember, basic programs can't write to programs.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 01:06:44 pm    Post subject:

ya the asm prgm...
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Jul 2003 09:10:24 am    Post subject:

Hello again!

um...how do i define how big a list is, i want a number for every pixel so 6040 or so, i lost my book so i can't look it up Sad

Babyboy loves his calc Good Idea
Justin W.
Shattered Silence

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Jul 2003 10:09:09 am    Post subject:

Yes Adm.Wiggin is correct about ssmaker. The program itself is very poorly deisgned and in many cases does not even work.

For those of you who are interested I am making a program that will not only take a picture of the graphscreen and save it in a program/appvar (I have not decided which is best) but it will also compress the picture. It will have a sub program to decompress the picture and then display it. Or if people find it useful I could make it so the program itself can decompress the picture within and display it. The sub program to decompress is preferable as in the long run it will save more space. Depending on how much repeating data is in your pictures you could achieve a very high compression. Compressing the graphscreen when it is completely white will result in only 9 bytes of data where as without compression it takes 768 bytes. Nobody will compress a plain white pic but that's just an example. This program is well under way and could be released within the week. I just need to write the compression routine.

Last edited by Guest on 06 Jul 2003 10:10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeffrey

Posted: 06 Jul 2003 12:36:50 pm    Post subject:

I think it would be very useful for us BASIC programmers if there was an asm program that would copy the graphscreen buffer into a new asm program, similar to ssmaker, however it could store more than one graphscreen into that single program. A BASIC programmer could call up the asm program as a subroutine and, according to whatever they stored to varaible x, the asm prog would display a pic. Like:

Code:
1->A
asm(prgmPicture)
//That would display pic 1

2->A
asm(prgmPicture)
//That would display pic 2

and so on...
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Jul 2003 03:45:36 pm    Post subject:

Just use lists, one for each pixel, use pixel text and put 1's and 0's to the list, then run it through a reader that will put dots where the 1's are, im in the beta testing right now, it seems to work well, in a week or so it will be good to go.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement