This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic => TI-BASIC
United-TI Archives -> TI-Basic

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 Jul 2003 04:33:10 pm    Post subject:

I can't remember, it was one of my first attempts on a rpg, I think it was just a program that had a sprite moving around according to which key you pressed, though I can remember using some form of collission detection. Let's see how my current attempt turns out. It could be I've remembered the speed wrong, but it was quite playable and had a working random map generator and you could go of the screen and it loaded other screens, that I know 1000% sure.

Last edited by Guest on 03 Jul 2003 04:34:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeffrey

Posted: 03 Jul 2003 05:30:32 pm    Post subject:

Yeah. I hope this rpg goes good and has some functionality. This is basically the first game I have made, before that I made just math programs.
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 03 Jul 2003 10:53:53 pm    Post subject:

i haven't seen much of the other 2 engines but i guess he is changing mine too.

I might be able to do the sword swinging thing but will need a day or two i will try tomarrow and if i figure it out i will send it to you.

as for the character i hope it will be more than a square i will see if i can change that.
Jeffrey

Posted: 04 Jul 2003 04:18:11 pm    Post subject:

Hey, JesusFreak. Heres my friend Ben. He's pretty good at qbasic, and when he gets a 83+ se this next week he'll help us.
Ben

Posted: 04 Jul 2003 04:20:09 pm    Post subject:

Hey im Ben
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 04 Jul 2003 06:08:14 pm    Post subject:

Let's try to keep the spam down just a little bit, the last couple of posts should have been PM's.

Anyways, welcome to the forums Ben.

Last edited by Guest on 04 Jul 2003 06:08:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 07 Jul 2003 01:17:04 pm    Post subject:

yes Ben, welcome

about the rpg it sounds pretty good, i think we need to know when it is on ticalc.org Wink
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 07 Jul 2003 08:21:25 pm    Post subject:

We will be relcing a "movie" on the cal that is a preview of the story, but has nothng to do with the graphics, we also are releasing a sample battle engine soon, but we need to add things like items (i might not so there is something new for the full version) each should be out in the next week.
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 10 Jul 2003 01:31:00 pm    Post subject:

Hey I would like to help. However I'll need a ROM code so I can use VTI (see thread in calc news DISASTER). PM the response. Maybe FalconTI and JACstudios can combine into one.
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 13 Jul 2003 11:49:55 am    Post subject:

sry, i haven't been online in a while, anyways

we really need help with writing, the basic story is done though, also this game is made with paulfreeman at www.paulfreeman.tk not ben and that other guy, they haven't been here in a while and i guess they gave up. we also might need a bsic graphic artirst if there is anyone pen to that
Justin W.
Shattered Silence

Advanced Member

Posted: 14 Jul 2003 12:35:38 am    Post subject:

What kind of graphics do you need? I could do them in my spare time if they are something I can do. I do a pretty good job with black and white graphics.
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 14 Jul 2003 12:10:53 pm    Post subject:

I can do some pretty good graphics. If my calc hadn't been stolen, I'd e-mail you what I had of .hack so you could see for yourself. Oh well...
ceslayer

Posted: 15 Jul 2003 04:21:53 pm    Post subject:

im working on unbeat engine 2, hahalllalal
my game is almost done (the engine itself)

Very Happy something like this:??

click me~!!

Last edited by Guest on 15 Jul 2003 04:23:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 15 Jul 2003 07:53:37 pm    Post subject:

my engine looks nothing like that, i still needs a lot of work, but now a a few of us are working on different things. Here is a List of what we need and have:
Battle Engine: JesusFreak (me) (Ramdom battles and other stuff, no items right now)
Sprite Engine: JesusFreak (me) (creats random sprites, very basic now)
Need Help
Walking: Paulfreeman (easy)
Writing:
Main Story: Jesusfreak (me) and PaulFreeman
Dialog: Need Help
Non-Random Sprites: (ie. it is always the same) Need Help
Graphics:
Outside: (some done but more are needed) JesusFreak (me)
Need Help
Inside: (haven't started) Need Help
Others: (kinda started) Need Help
Movies: (yes we have created a opening move, and will probably need an ending one i don't know if paul is going to do it or not)
Opening: Paulfreeman
Ending: PaulFreeman???
Need Help
Justin W.
Shattered Silence

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Jul 2003 08:13:11 pm    Post subject:

Must I say it again? Neutral I will help with graphics if you want.
ceslayer

Posted: 15 Jul 2003 08:34:34 pm    Post subject:

so are you programming on upbeat 2?
cuz my modfied unbeat itself is way smallerl then the origional one..
and plus mine has lots feathers like 4 items, endurance of shield
and to buy and wil l be able to sell, drop , and in attack mode theres
miss and random enime hp, 3 skills, up to levl 10

Last edited by Guest on 15 Jul 2003 08:35:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Jul 2003 07:17:43 am    Post subject:

Only 4 items !? Neutral

JesusFreak, what do you mean with random sprites ? Like it chooses a random sprite from a list or just draws random pixels in an area?
Tyler

Advanced Member

Posted: 16 Jul 2003 08:28:46 am    Post subject:

Like what james said - Don't bother programming a RPG/Fight System into a BASIC, It just won't work well, learn assembly!
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Jul 2003 07:38:29 am    Post subject:

Well, a menu or otherwise text based fight system would work fine, but basic is too slow for actually-running-about-poking-things fighting systems to work well.

Last edited by Guest on 17 Jul 2003 07:38:57 am; edited 1 time in total
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 19 Jul 2003 05:00:11 pm    Post subject:

sry away form the comp for a while.

Quote:
JesusFreak, what do you mean with random sprites ? Like it chooses a random sprite from a list or just draws random pixels in an area?

sry my bad, it is from a list of sprites liek trees and rocks not random pxls

Quote:
and plus mine has lots feathers like 4 items, endurance of shield
and to buy and wil l be able to sell, drop , and in attack mode theres
miss and random enime hp, 3 skills, up to levl 10

I have a near attack and a far attack so that way you can equip two weapons (weapons not done yet). also the range is most powerful but least accurat (i think i want it around 70% of the time you hit) and near is almost always (about 90% of the time you hit) as for items they aren't done which s u c k s (i know) as for attacking the guys arms move right now, very small movements are used and they look pretty kewl. as for the bad guys their hp is not random but the character is. no skills yet, but you an defend.

Right now i am using the WIz's awsome menu bar but it has been edited, mostly just the idea i used

Quote:
Like what james said - Don't bother programming a RPG/Fight System into a BASIC, It just won't work well, learn assembly!

Hey now that is harsh, i hope that we can make one (we being duct tape games and UTI) Only about 5000 is going to be used for the battle engine (not including the items) and we should be able to make the game in one file for the TI-83+

Justin W. e-mail me and then i can e-mail you a bad copy of the battle engine (right now i am working some bugs out and it is not close to being done) and a list of things we need drawn so you can see how they are being used and how big to make them (about the size is not defined)

nothing else i think
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement