This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Modifications => Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 29 Jun 2004 07:35:23 am    Post subject:

Isn't that included with his include files? You could make an ASM program like those that create extra features for BASIC programs and use that in it.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Jun 2004 07:59:26 am    Post subject:

I mean that you don't have to run a program to make it work, but that it also works for example in the MATRIX editor, or the Trace screen.
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 29 Jun 2004 08:08:53 am    Post subject:

Like editing the TI-OS?
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Jun 2004 08:11:37 am    Post subject:

maybe, but i was thinking of a keyhook. You know those programs that block the memory menu with some ASM code? Maybe a similar hook can convert PS2 signals to keypress signals.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Jun 2004 09:07:22 am    Post subject:

That'd be possible if you could intercept data coming from the link with a keyhook.
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 29 Jun 2004 09:09:22 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Isn't that included with his include files? You could make an ASM program like those that create extra features for BASIC programs and use that in it.

Quote:
maybe, but i was thinking of a keyhook. You know those programs that block the memory menu with some ASM code? Maybe a similar hook can convert PS2 signals to keypress signals.

I don't see much of a difference...

Quote:
That'd be possible if you could intercept data coming from the link with a keyhook.

Wouldn't that possibly crash the calc?
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 29 Jun 2004 09:56:24 am    Post subject:

I've toyed around with it before, but the difficulty comes with link port timing and actually being able to correctly handle link port activity when the hook is inactive.
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 29 Jun 2004 02:26:25 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
being able to correctly handle link port activity when the hook is inactive.

That's what I meant. It hangs if a device connected to it is not recognized.
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 29 Jun 2004 02:28:26 pm    Post subject:

Exactly. Luckily both types of device (TI-OS and IMPS/2) protocols interpret both lines high as no activity/inhibit transmission and any line going low as activity, so it might be possible eventually.
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 29 Jun 2004 02:33:04 pm    Post subject:

What would I have to do to test out your PS/2 protocol? I know very little ASM, but I'm learning.
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 29 Jun 2004 03:07:20 pm    Post subject:

You'd need:

1. A TI-83 (not plus)
2. Doors CS v4.8.5 delta or higher
3. ZSEMSP.83p (?)
4. A TICI 1.0 hub device
5. A unit-to-unit cable
6. A PS/2 mouse
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 30 Jun 2004 07:45:10 am    Post subject:

Oh well, I can't test it out then. I don't have a regular 83. But what about the include file? Will it work on a plus?
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 Jun 2004 08:02:19 am    Post subject:

where are the instructions on building the Hub device? I looked on your site, but there were only drivers and keyboard instructions there.
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 30 Jun 2004 11:14:58 am    Post subject:

http://www.ticalc.org/pub/text/hardware/tici_protocol.zip

That should be it. You don't need it unless you're connecting like a keyboard and a mouse at the same time though. Think of it as an adapter unit or a USB hub. By hub he means the wiring for the calc<-->mouse adapter.
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 30 Jun 2004 03:46:26 pm    Post subject:

agility wrote:
http://www.ticalc.org/pub/text/hardware/tici_protocol.zip

That should be it.  You don't need it unless you're connecting like a keyboard and a mouse at the same time though.  Think of it as an adapter unit or a USB hub.  By hub he means the wiring for the calc<-->mouse adapter.

Not true. It provides power and interconnectivity for the mouse - on a computer the +5V line of the power supply does that, but the calc doesn't have enough current for it.
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 30 Jun 2004 05:48:00 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Not true. It provides power and interconnectivity for the mouse - on a computer the +5V line of the power supply does that, but the calc doesn't have enough current for it.

+5v from where? The power supply? I just used a USB cable.

Well, my version of the adapter does everything your hub does, but it is especially dedicated to this one project, not to connect multiple devices at once.

I took apart my adapter, ripped out the DIN connector from my DIN to serial adapter, hooked it all back up again and it worked! Well, with someone else's program. As soon as I finish learning ASM I'll try your incluse file and see if that works. The hardware works just fine, just to let you know.

Last edited by Guest on 01 Jul 2004 03:43:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 02 Jul 2004 03:40:55 pm    Post subject:

Excellent! Could you send me a pic for my website of the device?
Also, if you have a black link you can connect the "hub" to the computer and use it with VTI in "black link enabled" mode, as long as you have a TI-83...of course...
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 02 Jul 2004 07:44:51 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Also, if you have a black link you can connect the "hub" to the computer and use it with VTI in "black link enabled" mode, as long as you have a TI-83...of course...

I don't see any links on your site for those schematics...

Quote:
Excellent! Could you send me a pic for my website of the device?

Sure! Just can you be sure to put my name on your site? My name is Kyle Bond.

JeePee

Posted: 03 Jul 2004 04:45:13 am    Post subject:

And where would you plug in the USB-connector? Neutral
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 03 Jul 2004 10:23:14 am    Post subject:

Into the USB port on your computer. I said that a few posts ago that I had it powered by USB because that was the only 5v power source I had at that time. It's not meant to actually be used out in "the field" like this, but just to test to see if the schematics on Kerm martin's website were correct.

Fine then. If you want it battery-powered soooooooooo bad... I just removed the USB cable and added jumper wires from there to the battery pack. Happy?

Note to Kerm Martin: If you post this picture, PLEASE also post the other picture as well (the USB powered one) on your site. Okay?

Last edited by Guest on 03 Jul 2004 10:31:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 5 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement