This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Jul 2004 02:28:51 pm    Post subject:

agility wrote:
Quote:
singlepost replies
By single post do you mean one post or a one word post?

It was supposed to say single word.

Quote:
Either way, it's not in the rules.
Not true.

Quote:
Quote:
At United-TI, we try not to limit what you have to say.

You must not steal the work of other people and post it as your own without explicit permission; however, using proper citation is usually considered acceptable.

You must not double post, advertise to sell stuff, or Spam.

Although we permit you to use curse words, we suggest you try to find other ways to express yourself when possible. Still, excessive use of profanity is frowned upon.

We reserve the right to change or delete anything you post, but we are unlikely to take such extreme actions. Furthermore, if there is a severe problem, we will probably notify you. In all, we support your right to free, unabridged speech even when you are saying something bad about us.

Please stay on topic.

Please keep your signatures concise.

We may change these rules in anyway we see fit with or without notice.

Thank you for reading the rules

-Jbirk & David L (United-TI Administration Team)

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or shouts of derision, please contact us or any other member of the Administration Team (Staff).
Those are the "Discussion Forum Rules and Policies" not the UTI forum rules.

However, even if these are the only rules for the forum, this forum, forums.unitedti.org, then it's still against the rules because there is a rule against spam, and single word replies (as well as replies that only have a smiley in them, and especially if posted in quick succession to previous short/smiley/offtopic posts) are in fact considered as spam on this forum, and many others, and it is good practise to have at least a complete sentence in one's posts.

Quote:
Or perhaps his "rules" are just common sense to the rest of the visitors here.
Or perhaps they are actually rules laid down on this board and agility has been shown them several times but ignores them as well as any and all warnings given because he feels they're unjustified and likes to debate something that simply isn't debateable as it is laid down in facts and rules.

Quote:
Has anyone heard much about compatibility issues involving games and the 84+ SE?
Not yet, I thought it even used the same rom calls as the Ti83+ and everything.

Last edited by Guest on 08 Jul 2004 02:31:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 08 Jul 2004 07:46:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
has been shown them several times

Have not. I've only seen the Discussion Rules as I had to read them when I signed up.

Quote:
Or perhaps they are actually rules laid down on this board and agility has been shown them several times but ignores them as well as any and all warnings given because he feels they're unjustified and likes to debate something that simply isn't debateable as it is laid down in facts and rules.

Apparently they are debatable.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Jul 2004 04:06:59 am    Post subject:

agility wrote:
Quote:
has been shown them several times

Have not. I've only seen the Discussion Rules as I had to read them when I signed up.

I've pmed a link to them several times on previous "OH NOES I HAVE TEH BEEN WANRED!!111111" occasions. I have also directed you several times to the old spam topics where exactly what would be spam was discussed so you could would know that single word rpelies, only a smiley in your reply, or other such posts are considered to be spam and will results in a warning.

Guess you don't actually read the links I send you.

Quote:
Quote:

Apparently they are debatable.
You can talk about it but you're not going to get anywhere besides maybe getting the point and changing your behaviour for the better.
Jeremiah Walgren
General Operations Director

Know-It-All

Posted: 09 Jul 2004 11:35:36 am    Post subject:

There's a link to the "Discussion Forum Rules and Policies" right at the top of like, every single page. How hard is that to miss?

Quote:
Not yet, I thought it even used the same rom calls as the Ti83+ and everything.

That'd be nice if most everything was compatible with it. Apparently, people have been having some trouble getting things to run on the 89Ti.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Jul 2004 01:42:31 pm    Post subject:

I figure there might be some minor differences due to the difference in system RAM available, and of course one or two new functions (with the clock and everything) but other than that it should be quite compatible.
Jeremiah Walgren

Know-It-All

Posted: 09 Jul 2004 03:11:10 pm    Post subject:

The product details page for the 84+ SE says that it has 24KB of RAM, the same as the 83 family.

The clock would cause problems going from an 84 to an 83.
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 09 Jul 2004 03:26:22 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I have also directed you several times to the old spam topics where exactly what would be spam was discussed so you could would know that single word rpelies, only a smiley in your reply, or other such posts are considered to be spam and will results in a warning.

That you have done.

Quote:
UTI forum rules

Where are those?

Quote:
There's a link to the "Discussion Forum Rules and Policies" right at the top of like, every single page. How hard is that to miss?

That better not've been directed at me, or else then you haven't been paying attention...
Jeremiah Walgren

Know-It-All

Posted: 09 Jul 2004 04:31:10 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Where are those?

Note the link I referred to contains the words "Forum Rules" in it.

Quote:
That better not've been directed at me, or else then you haven't been paying attention...

Actually, it was directed at anyone who didn't notice it. But if you want it to be directed at you, I'm sure I could work something out.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Jul 2004 05:04:50 pm    Post subject:

agility wrote:
Quote:
I have also directed you several times to the old spam topics where exactly what would be spam was discussed so you could would know that single word rpelies, only a smiley in your reply, or other such posts are considered to be spam and will results in a warning.
That you have done.

So you're acting like single words replies aren't spam and you didn't know that because...? Confused

Quote:
Quote:
UTI forum rules
Where are those?
Look in the PM I send you a while ago when I first warned you. Neutral

Quote:
The product details page for the 84+ SE says that it has 24KB of RAM, the same as the 83 family.
I ment FLASH ROM.
Jeremiah Walgren

Know-It-All

Posted: 09 Jul 2004 05:52:07 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I ment FLASH ROM.

Ah, I see. Sorry.

On a somewhat related note, I found some documentation of sorts on those two functions from the 84 Plus that Sir Robin was asking about. I need to find that again and post a link.
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 09 Jul 2004 06:51:19 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Note the link I referred to contains the words "Forum Rules" in it.

Where's the link?

I want to see the difference between the UTI Forum rules and the Discussion Rules.
Jeremiah Walgren

Know-It-All

Posted: 09 Jul 2004 06:55:10 pm    Post subject:

I wonder who wasn't paying attention to who....

If you look to the top-left corner of the page, you should see a logo that says "Invision Power Board" on it. Look below that, and you'll see two links: unitedti.org and Discussion Forum Rules and Policies.

I'm sure #2 applied to you only a few days ago.
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 09 Jul 2004 10:03:11 pm    Post subject:

unitedti.org isn't the UTI forum rules.
Jeremiah Walgren

Know-It-All

Posted: 09 Jul 2004 11:27:09 pm    Post subject:

Oh wow... Are you blind, stupid, or just trying to increase your post count further? Right next to that link is the link to "Discussion Forum Rules and Policies." Do you see it now, or does someone need to come to your house and point it out to you on your screen? If that's the case, let me know. They can give you a nice, big smack upside the head...
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 10 Jul 2004 08:57:18 am    Post subject:

No, those are the Discussion Forum Rules And Policies. Arcane Wizard says that there are two sets of rules:
The Discussion Forum Rules And Policies and the UTI Forum Rules. Where are the UTI Forum Rules?!? Are they the same or what?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 10 Jul 2004 09:32:30 am    Post subject:

The link that today says "Discussion Forum Rules And Policies" used to say "UTI forum rules" and link to a different set of rules, why or when this was changed I do not know.

Quote:
Where are the UTI Forum Rules?!? Are they the same or what?
Here's an idea: read people's posts..

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
UTI forum rules
Where are those?
Look in the PM I send you a while ago when I first warned you.

I also believe there is a quote of these rules in one of the old (anti)spam topics, to which I've also linked you several times, however, I'm not sure if the rules are quoted there.

Last edited by Guest on 10 Jul 2004 09:34:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 10 Jul 2004 12:08:21 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Enough said on that...

Has anyone heard much about compatibility issues involving games and the 84+ SE?

Hmmm.. I heard that the 84 Silver is exactly like the 83 Silver, just a lil fancier on the outside. Why would there be any compatibility issues?

Last edited by Guest on 10 Jul 2004 12:09:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremiah Walgren

Know-It-All

Posted: 10 Jul 2004 03:23:00 pm    Post subject:

TI probably loves to make problems for programmers. Why not throw in some things here or there to make it more difficult to make games?

On the flip side, TI's are famous (around here anyway) for how many games are available. Taking that away probably wouldn't be too smart...
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 10 Jul 2004 03:26:57 pm    Post subject:

The TI84+SE in't too bad... the clock is useless, but there is an advantage to having all of that archive space... Does anyone know how to enable the processor to go 2.5x faster like in the TI83+SE? I don't mean replacing capacitors and overclocking etc.

Last edited by Guest on 10 Jul 2004 03:28:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremiah Walgren

Know-It-All

Posted: 10 Jul 2004 03:29:04 pm    Post subject:

I'd imagine it's already set to go that fast. Hence the "2.5x faster than the 83 Plus" (or something similar) message on the box.

When someone can fill up their 84+ SE archive - with useful things - let me know.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 7 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement