This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Programming subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. General Coding and Design => Calculator Programming
pcdthebum

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 23 May 2004 06:07:21 pm    Post subject:

i can do very little in the lines of programming, and i was hoping that someon could help me. i want to turn a fullscreen program into a windowed screen. i know it is possible, but i have no idea what to do or where to start.

if you can help either aim me at itsgot2bthehair9, or post up anything you can tell me.

please keep in mind i am very new to any form of programming, and i have no software to do it.

thank you
Awesome1

Advanced Member

Posted: 23 May 2004 07:00:10 pm    Post subject:

Try doing a search on google for it. Im sure you'll find what ur looking for...
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 May 2004 04:57:27 am    Post subject:

What GUI are you using?
pcdthebum

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 24 May 2004 04:15:19 pm    Post subject:

please keep in mind i am retarded at computer stuff
Awesome1

Advanced Member

Posted: 24 May 2004 08:27:02 pm    Post subject:

Then maby you should reconsider programming C++. Cuz lots of it is programmed on the computer. I suggest something simpler. But what do i know, i can only program TI-BASIC and extremely little darkBASIC...
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 25 May 2004 04:22:51 am    Post subject:

pcdthebum wrote:
please keep in mind i am retarded at computer stuff

Yes, great, but are you using C++ in a Win32 environment or are you using OpenGL? DirectX Maybe? DirectDraw? Or just plain C++?

If it's just plain C++ you'll need inline assembly to interface with the graphics hardware because it doesn't come with any graphical libraries. However, this can't be done under windows anymore as windows no longer allows you to interface directly with the videocard (a la assembly) so you should either try DOS or one of the above mentioned graphic libraries, I suggest Win32 as you'll have to learn it in order to use any of the above anyway.

Try http://www.gamedev.net or http://www.gametutorials.com

Last edited by Guest on 25 May 2004 04:24:57 am; edited 1 time in total
EEDOK

Posted: 04 Jun 2004 02:19:09 pm    Post subject:

which program are you modifying to do this?

try hitting alt+enter
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement