This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Keith Pierce

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 May 2004 12:00:50 pm    Post subject:

Out of all the basic games I come across with for the 83 family they are either text based or just plain no good. I then look at the 68k basic games and i am in wow.

I think the 83 users should start shaping up and making higher quality games and not just so crappy ones like the text based.

Look at FFTOM now thats a good basic game.

Also look at Contra now that is a good basic game.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 May 2004 12:02:30 pm    Post subject:

Keith Pierce wrote:
I think the 83 users should start shaping up and making higher quality games and not just so crappy ones like the text based.

One not crappy game coming up! ..I hope.

Last edited by Guest on 13 May 2004 12:03:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Keith Pierce

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 May 2004 12:08:47 pm    Post subject:

What I meant by crappy is text based. I mean text based games are good to learning programming, but there is no need to upload them. But i got to say if there is someone out there that tries to make a basic RPG that is actually a RPG and not text I will give them credit even though it may not be good. Becuase text based get pretty lame and boring after a while.

Quote:
One not crappy game coming up! ..I hope.

This looks like a good game. Keep it up man!! Very Happy
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 May 2004 12:22:32 pm    Post subject:

If you've ever played on a PvP MUD RPG you know how not boring a text game can be.

If you've played on a Roleplay MUD PRG server you know how strong a text game's gameplay can be.

Minor problem in the no multiplayer aspect of calc text games, but that's not impossibl either.

Last edited by Guest on 13 May 2004 12:23:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Keith Pierce

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 May 2004 12:26:38 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I see what you mean, but what I really meant was the quality of the games coming out now a pretty pathetic in the basic section.

I admitt there are a few good ones, but others i just look the other way.

For example: Pathetic

This is a good idea, but come one they can do better.

Last edited by Guest on 13 May 2004 12:27:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 May 2004 12:30:00 pm    Post subject:

yeah, a little creativity would help.
Keith Pierce

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 May 2004 12:33:07 pm    Post subject:

I am not being mean to these programmers because maybe they are still learning ( Like I was a few years back)

But usually if someone programs in basic for a while they will learn newer things.

Am I wrong about that or am I right?

Usually people learn newer things by experience.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 May 2004 12:44:25 pm    Post subject:

Keith Pierce wrote:
Yeah I see what you mean, but what I really meant was the quality of the games coming out now a pretty pathetic in the basic section.

I admitt there are a few good ones, but others i just look the other way.

For example: Pathetic

This is a good idea, but come one they can do better.

That's no RPG, and i don't think of it as a pathetic game either. It is really basic, but addicting. It is pathetic that there are already 100 clones of it, but the idea is good. Better than them text-based Harvest moon or Beer/drugs-war games.
Keith Pierce

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 May 2004 12:46:19 pm    Post subject:

The game is a good idea and Yes i know its not RPG but I was trying to let everyone know that the games coming out are not as good as they used to be.

The only real good basic games I see that was really really good is FFTOM and Contra.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement