This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's z80 & ez80 Assembly subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Z80 & 68k Assembly => z80 & ez80 Assembly
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 29 May 2003 02:54:10 pm    Post subject:

I am working on a command prompt program. It will be in basic until I get better at ASM. I have a question:is it possible to make the program goto the TIOS,let you execute programs from the OS,and then return to the program by pressing a certain key. I know I'd have to use getkey,but I don't know how to make it so you can still execute programs from the OS,and make it so the programs won't over write your getkey and let you go back to the prompt? Any help would be great.

Last edited by Guest on 29 May 2003 04:32:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 29 May 2003 03:06:06 pm    Post subject:

No, but you can run a program from your program.
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 29 May 2003 04:32:39 pm    Post subject:

Can I make something that will let me view all my availible programs that I have without quitting the porgram? Also,could what I asked earlier be acconplished in assembly?
Sfar

Posted: 29 May 2003 06:35:48 pm    Post subject:

First: ANYTHING CAN BE DONE IN ASSEMBLY!!!! MUHUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Next: There is no way in basic to get a list of the programs on the calculator without using an assembly program to get the list for them. And I think that if the user puts a Return at the end of their program and you call it from yours then when that program quits it will return to yours. Are you making a BASIC shell???
Tyler

Advanced Member

Posted: 29 May 2003 08:32:08 pm    Post subject:

Accutually:
I saw a math program on TiCalc that was basic and allowed you to goto the prompt and use it and then press a button (was it clear?) and brought you back to the menu. It was probabily another glitch and I doubt I could find it Neutral
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 29 May 2003 09:27:19 pm    Post subject:

No,it's not a basic shell. It's kind of like an MS-DOS thing,but I'm hoping to make it better then any other MS-DOS thing out there. I'll eventually be doing it in ASM. Since I guess I'll need ASM for this,I better start asking for help.
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 29 May 2003 09:36:16 pm    Post subject:

Since my program obviously won't be good if I write it in basic,I'll need to do it in ASM,but I have a couple questions:

1)How can I make it so if I type in one thing,the program will execute one command,and if I type in somehting else it will execute something else,ect.
2)How can I make the pprogram goto the TIOS,let me use the TIOS normally ,and then return to my program.

Thanks Smile
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 29 May 2003 10:38:12 pm    Post subject:

You take a substring before and after to get a command and the argument.

e.g. cp name name2

copy name to name2

You can do it in basic because basic is fast enough for a command prompt but not faste enough for a GUI.

You will of course need something like PTOOLS and ZLIBS.

Finally, you exit to get to tios.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 29 May 2003 10:50:45 pm    Post subject:

I merged both of these topics Very Happy
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 30 May 2003 04:09:23 pm    Post subject:

I was wondering why there wasn't anything in the basic forum anymore. Wink
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 31 May 2003 01:45:30 am    Post subject:

I was playing with the features. All of the posts are still here.

Any way, have you decided how to make your command prompt?
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 31 May 2003 10:33:35 am    Post subject:

I've decided to make hte program that lets you input everything a basic program,but the program that actually does the work will be ASM. It'll take me a while cause I'm not that good at ASM. If it's too much of a hassal to make to programs,I might make it all in ASM. I'll need help,so expect to get a lot of questions everybody Very Happy
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 31 May 2003 01:47:54 pm    Post subject:

Go to Cirrus Programming and download PTOOLS.
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 31 May 2003 03:17:00 pm    Post subject:

AI actually wana try to do it by myself first. I really like PTOOLS,I've tried it before,but I'll never learn if I'm always using someone elses programs.

Last edited by Guest on 04 Jun 2003 03:46:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 01 Jun 2003 02:31:36 am    Post subject:

Well,

If you really want to reinvent the wheel, go ahead and rewrite ptools. Smile
Justin W.
Shattered Silence

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Jun 2003 10:37:43 am    Post subject:

This is where you tell people who are trying to do Basic programs that require asm utilities to get the required tools and start programming assembly....
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Jun 2003 09:19:45 pm    Post subject:

I'm trying to make it an all ASM program, but since I'm a beiner,I'm gonna make some of it in basic so I know what I'm going to want it to look like it once I get good enough at ASM. I have a couple questions:

1) How would I get the ASM program to read what I have stored in a string and depending on what it says,do a certain command e.g. shutdown. I know there's some if then thing,but I don't know how to do it in ASM.

2)How do I get the calculator to turn off and when turned back on,return tothe program.

Thanks Very Happy
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 02 Jun 2003 02:54:19 am    Post subject:

You look up the string with a bcall I believe you use _findsym for strings (check the dev guide). Next, you need the size of the string because asm does not hadle "end of string" Wacko

Well, str1 is easy (I think)

ld hl,str1 ;address of str1 to hl

ld a,(hl) ;read the first character of the string (may be a size byte, I do not know)

41h is A, 42h is B...

So, after you figure out the format of strings (they will be very simple you simply need to look it up)

You now need a comparison algorithm Neutral

Esentially, you make a label containing what you want to compare the sting too.

e.g.

shutdown:
.db "SHUTDOWN",0

The label should be with other program data.

Now, you point either hl or de to the shutdown label, and the other to the string.

e.g. hl points to the string
de points to the shutdown label

comparestring:
ld a,(de)
or a
ret z ;if we are already at the null termination point, we can stop comparing!
cp (hl) ;do the characters match?
ret nz ;if a character not equal, return to call (nz flag will remain set)
inc hl
inc de ;go to compare next character in string and test string
jr comparestring ;compare next char.

you will use call comparestring to compare the string
Then you will use jr z,lable, or you wil use jp z,lable to jump to the desired label if the strings match...
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 Jun 2003 04:45:35 pm    Post subject:

Thanks. I understand that,i think......... O well,i'll get it eventually Laughing
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 02 Jun 2003 07:45:23 pm    Post subject:

is there anywhere where the format of different files can be found, or do you just have to figure it out yourself?
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement