This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 15 Mar 2004 11:19:17 pm    Post subject:

It seems like I have very little Ram. I know it's just a calculator and can't hold much anyway, but I've heard of some hidden files that can't be deleted. Is this true? Oh and I have 24361 Ram free and 163838 Arc free when everything is taken off my calc. Are these numbers right? Thanks! Very Happy
Jeremiah Walgren
General Operations Director

Know-It-All

Posted: 15 Mar 2004 11:52:55 pm    Post subject:

I remember mine having slightly higher numbers than those... Have you reset the entire memory?

I have no clue about hidden anything or whatever else.
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 16 Mar 2004 12:44:48 am    Post subject:

Yeah everything is reset, Apps taken off, lists 1-6 deleted, the works. All that's left (that I can see) is the OS and the random recall windows that the calc has and you can't delete. These include "ID List", "Info", "RclWindow", "Window", "Screen", and "Tblset". If you clear everything and look at your calc through TI Connect, you will see what I mean.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Mar 2004 01:26:58 am    Post subject:

Same case here. My TI-82 always has 240 bytes in "phantom" Y-Vars and 44 bytes in progs and reals after being reset. This leaves it with a little over 28,700 RAM bytes unused. The emulator shows the same thing. Plus, it seems the OS uses variables like X, Y, R, and theta whenever a graph is drawn--and since they never get "cleaned up" they'll eat up another 15 bytes each.
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 31 Mar 2004 03:01:51 am    Post subject:

Jedd wrote:
These include "ID List", "Info", "RclWindow", "Window", "Screen", and "Tblset".

Why do you ask about "hidden" files if you already know what they are?!?! Very Happy
lol, jk... But really, in my school, people refer to Window, Tblset, etc as "hidden files".
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement