This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Programming subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. General Coding and Design => Calculator Programming
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 08 Mar 2004 07:20:16 pm    Post subject:

If you don't know what Actionscript is, it's the language used with Flash and is in a lot of games online. I really want to learn it so I can make a Flash game. If you've been to my site, you've seen my <lie>awesome skill</lie> with Flash movies. I tried learning from actionscript.org, but the tutorials there are a bit scattered. Does anyone know of a good site for n00b A.S. programmers?
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 27 Mar 2004 03:32:46 pm    Post subject:

Guess not...?

(yes, this is a "bump" post) Very Happy
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 27 Mar 2004 05:50:05 pm    Post subject:

When I visit your site, I get 3 stack overflow at line: 0 messages Wacko
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 27 Mar 2004 08:05:41 pm    Post subject:

Bummer. I don't know why it does that, works for everyone else. If someone figures it out, please let me know! :)

So.....does anyone know of any ActionScript tutorials for newbies?
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 27 Mar 2004 08:21:42 pm    Post subject:

Here is a page full of links! :P

ok, this was the sponsored link there (looks pretty good actually!) : http://www.cartoonsmart.com/gaming.html

Last edited by Guest on 27 Mar 2004 08:23:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 27 Mar 2004 08:43:40 pm    Post subject:

Yeah that page was actually really cool, but you gotta pay 20 bucks to take the tutorials. And every site I've gone to through Google has been unhelpful or too advanced.
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 28 Mar 2004 01:39:20 pm    Post subject:

I get the 3 errors also when I visit your site. I just reinstalled the OS on my comp though, so I dont have much, don't even think I have flash.

Imp
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 28 Mar 2004 04:16:06 pm    Post subject:

Is that just on the intro page, or the whole site? Because the site itself is just html. If you can see "skip" when you go to my page, click that to go to the main site. Or access the actual site on Angelfire: http://www.angelfire.com/un/twods/home.html
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 30 Mar 2004 08:41:04 am    Post subject:

I think he is getting the same errors I do Wacko
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 31 Mar 2004 03:08:44 am    Post subject:

Jedd wrote:
If you don't know what Actionscript is, it's the language used with Flash and is in a lot of games online.  I really want to learn it so I can make a Flash game.  If you've been to my site, you've seen my <lie>awesome skill</lie> with Flash movies.  I tried learning from actionscript.org, but the tutorials there are a bit scattered.  Does anyone know of a good site for n00b A.S. programmers?

Dude.... I love actionscript, it's just like Java... kinda sorta.

But if you still wanna make flash stuff without knowing a lot of AS, you can download "SWiSH Max". In my opinion, it's the greatest thing since sliced bread for Flash stuff, it has lots of predefined animations.

It's what I used in my site (which took about 2 hours to make):
www.joesafunkyguy.tk

Last edited by Guest on 31 Mar 2004 03:09:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement