This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic => TI-BASIC
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 18 Jun 2003 03:15:14 am    Post subject:

I would like to add a single moderator to the TI-Basic forum.

If you would like to be the moderator, here are some things to take into consideration.

1. You will be expected to check the TI-Basic forum at least once every 48 hours unless unusual circumstances.
2. Act responsibly and do your best to answer some questions
3. You must know TI-Basic very well.
4. Any actions taken must be suitable, e.g. you must not remove topics or post because you dislike someone or disagree with them.
5. If a topic is about something else e.g. web dev, move the topic do not delete it.

If you do have a different view, kindly state your point of view too instead of deleteing their posts.

Note: All moderation activitiy is logged; however, it is unlikely that we will do any checking unless something out of the ordinary occurs e.g. substantial number of missing threads.

I really hope you apply for the position, and one more thing, you must be a UTI Member to moderate TI-Basic

Thank you very much in advance.
Xan

Posted: 18 Jun 2003 07:20:24 am    Post subject:

Hmmm... perhaps i can do that...
If nobody else want to do that... Wink
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Jun 2003 07:36:27 am    Post subject:

I'll also apply, I take it you (all the admins) will pick the most suitable candidate to become the moderator ?
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 18 Jun 2003 08:05:27 am    Post subject:

I'll apply, but I'm going on vacation a lot this summer, (I leave for australia tomorrow)
Twiztid33

Posted: 18 Jun 2003 11:51:47 am    Post subject:

ill apply i know basic, i guess i would do a good job. even though i am trying to get a full time job but i could still do it every few days.
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Jun 2003 12:09:47 pm    Post subject:

I'll apply. I'm really good at basic, there are probably some people better then me,but I'm stil really good.
anduril66
Anduril is the Flame of the West!

Posted: 19 Jun 2003 10:15:54 am    Post subject:

Why don't you use global moderators?
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 19 Jun 2003 03:18:50 pm    Post subject:

I do not want to give anyone permission to moderate everywhere.

Besides, the UTI-Staff members are already Global Moderators.

I have chosen Arcane Wizard, but it was actually a toss up between SniperOfTheNight.

Arcane Wizard won because he/she made a reply before SnipperOfTheNight.

Lastly, if 62 52 53 53 would have definatly got the position, but is going to be gone for a while.

My suggestion:

SniperOfTheNight and 62 52 53 53 should apply for the other forums when the position becomes available.

Please note the following are the basis for deciding.

1. No of posts to show activity
2. Registration Date (how long have you been here)
3. Post/Day
4. Warnings/spamming are taken into condideration (posting one sentence answers off topic does not help Smile )
5. If the user makes posts that are on topic and gives help. e.g. posting code helps.

Lastly, if you were a moderator at Prokul, or Cirrus, you have a better chance of being chosen because you were chosen before by an affiliate of UTI.

I have chosen Arcane Wizard for TI-Basic.

Last edited by Guest on 19 Jun 2003 03:31:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement